After my last breakup, I knew my ex would be back. It was only a matter of time. In fact, I warned him as he was breaking up with me that he would regret it.
I even put a timeline on it. I estimated to myself that it would take about 6 months to change his mind. I guessed he’d be back by the end of summer.
My friends even began taking bets on how long it would take. There was no question in any of our minds that he would return.
I’m not psychic, but it happened. He came back. In the last weeks of summer, he returned and admitted he still loved me and was wondering if it would be stupid to try again. But, I had moved on to someone else who is a much better fit for me. I haven’t looked back since.
Most women in Ex Boyfriend Recovery don’t have that confidence in their ex’s return from the get-go. So how did I know he would be back?
There are several signs that my ex was exhibiting that made me confident that he would return. And that’s what we’re going to talk about. What are some signs that an ex will come back?
We’ll talk about those in a second.
Here’s everything we are going to cover today:
- What Makes A Man Come Back After A Breakup?
- How To Know If He’ll Come Back
What Makes A Man Come Back After A Breakup?
Signs That He’ll Come Back
“How long will it take him to text or call me after the breakup?”“How long until he starts to miss me?.”“It’s been 2 days. Why hasn’t he begged for me back yet?”
- He said he loved you at the time of the breakup: If your ex tells you he loves you at the time of the breakup, this is a great sign! It means you’re not dealing with a loss of love, but some other issue. Maybe it has to do with compatibility, or location, or some other life situation. But if you have the base emotion there, the key is going to be to get his emotional side to overtake his logical side. OR you could adjust your behavior.
- He seems genuinely upset at the prospect of losing you: Similar to the first point – if he seems upset when the breakup is occurring and seems sad and scared about the idea of not having you in his life, this is a good sign. But this means you absolutely need to stick to No Contact so that he can get a taste of what a life without you feels like.
- He initiates a lot (and not just for an ego boost or to get laid): If your ex is the one to initiate texts, phone calls, and makes plans to hang out, it means he is enjoying your company. He may even be toying with the idea of wanting to get back together. The key here is to not be too predictable. Cancel on him once or twice so he doesn’t get comfortable. Make it clear you are dating around or thinking about it.
- He asks you questions and genuinely cares about the answers: If you and your ex are in the rapport-building phase and he is interested in your life, that means he cares about you and what is going on in your life. If he’s asking questions, he may also be trying to gauge where your mind is at regarding him.
- He tells you he misses you: He might just be being honest and not thinking much of it. You can miss someone and not want to get back together. But if your ex tells you he misses being with you, he is being vulnerable with you. He is admitting that this separation has been hard on him too. My favorite response to him saying this? “Of course you do. I’m very miss-able.”
- He makes plans for the future: Be it coffee next week, or a concert in a month – if your ex is casually mentioning making plans with you in the future, it means he wants to see more of you. He is planning on keeping you in his life. The only thing you need to figure out is in which capacity he intends to keep you and if it is as his friend or a girlfriend.
- He slips and uses pet names from the past: It’s natural to do this to some degree. But if your ex slips and calls you “babe” or “sweetie” like he used to, it means he is feeling at ease with you. It may even mean that he is starting to view you in that capacity again.
What do I want you to walk away from this article knowing?
- There are four components that make men come back: time, space, change, and urgency.
- Embracing No Contact and continuing to date around are great ways to cover all of those components.
- Keep an eye out for the 7 signs that will give away your ex’s intentions.
- Remember to be confident in yourself and in your abilities.
The Ex Boyfriend Recovery Program isn’t just about getting your ex back. It’s about recovering yourself in the aftermath of your breakup. So, don’t be so hard on yourself, and don’t be afraid to indulge in some self-care.
If you read up on No Contact, then you know that it is a period of time you spend not talking to your ex. But did you also realize that it is the perfect time to work on making your life better? That’s right! You aren’t supposed to just sit around. You are supposed to keepliving your life! Yes… even if it seems impossible.
Here’s a video Chris made to answer the most asked question we get about No Contact.
“Will My Ex Forget About Me During No Contact.”
Now that we’ve covered all of that, let’s start a conversation in the comments below. I want to know all about your relationship and your breakup. Keep it simple for us by telling us the following:
- The details surrounding your breakup.
- What have you done since the breakup?
- What do you think your next move is?
Our experts will help you figure out what your next best move is base on your personal situation.