3,807 thoughts on “Has He Moved On? How To Get Him Back If He Has A Girlfriend”

Bannerman, forgive

February 11, 2018 at 1:57 pm

I broke up with my boyfriend ,its being a year now,and i really want him back,for now i dont know but he uses a particular ladies pic as his dp.when i broke up with him i started dating another guy and he was aware of dat,but we sometimes talk and do video chatting too,i really dont know if i can get him back.thank you

Mary

February 8, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Hello! I’m a bit stuck. My on again off again boyfriend and I broke up about 3 months ago. I did 33 days of no contact and worked on myself, posted all the fun stuff I did. After nc was up, I messaged him saying I was ready to be friends and would love to catch up. We hit it off and it felt great, but I unfortunately gave in and had sex with him. Last month, he told me he still had feelings for me but didn’t want a relationship with anyone right now. We have not had sex or talked about our relationship since then. Yesterday after we went out for a movie, he told me he wanted to be honest with me, and said he is now starting to like someone else, but didn’t want to stop being friends. I was cool and told him thank you for being honest. Once I was home, I wanted to text him, to tell him thank you for the movie and thanks again for being honest, but I hesitated and went to the gym instead. I haven’t messaged him or anything. Does he still have feelings for me if he doesn’t want to lose our friendship? What do I do now?

February 9, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Hi Mary,

if you’re on and off and you also became friends with benefits, that means you need to do a longer nc.. Check this one:
      How To Get An On Again/Off Again Boyfriend Back

Mary

February 8, 2018 at 4:39 am

Hello! I’m a bit stuck. My on again off again boyfriend and I broke up about 2 months ago. I told him I needed time away from him and I would let him know when I was ready to be friends. I did 33 days of no contact and worked on myself. Posted all the fun stuff I did. After nc was up, I messaged him saying I was ready to be friends and would love to catch up. We hit it off, and it felt great, but I unfortunately gave in and sex with him. Last month, he told me he still had feelings for me but didn’t want a relationship with anyone right now. We have not had sex or talked about our relationship since then. Today after we went out for a movie, he told me he wanted to be honest with me, and said he is now starting to like someone else. I was cool and told him thank you for being honest. I haven’t messaged him or anything. What do I do now?

Ana F

February 2, 2018 at 7:57 pm

Hello!
    My boyfriend broke up with me around a month ago and stated dating this new girl after a week. He broke up with me because of my depression. Everyone tells me that’s a lie and that he was too mad and said that and that he regreted it. After we broke up he’d always come to be and he’d act like we were together. Even with this new girlfriend (he say’s he loves her a lot, that he’s fine and happy, but I’ll explain why that’s a lie) he tries to hand out with me and talk to me and still calls me by cute nicknames he gave me while we were dating. Though, after the break up, he became sadder, more miserable, and is over-acting his “happyness”. I know him for a long time and he’s acting really strange, He always looks at me, always asks about me, hugs me out of nowhere and sometimes he comes to me to spend time with out of nowhere. I was told some horrible things about his new girlfriend, how she’s manipulative and destroys relationships by flirting with boys. One of her exs is my friend and told me it was a HUGE mistake dating her, and that my ex is most likely “blinded” by her. What should I do? I think he still loves me and I love him very much.

February 7, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Hi Ana F,
      do you want to try nc?

Audrina M

January 20, 2018 at 4:56 pm

Thank you Amor for replying back, I will follow your advice on how to look when I see his mother. The thing that is eating me alive is how quickly he moved onto this other girl. I know our last month of the relationship was ugly but it shouldn’t justify our entire 3 years together. For him to be with this girl either immediately or within a month of the break up which is when he started school near his home and 4-5 months later he’s still with her. Would you even consider that a rebound anymore? A friend of mine told me that she resembles me (though I don’t see it at all). I’m upset he lied to me assuring me there’s no one else, he cares to focus on bettering himself and school, yet there she is. A while back we talked about what would happened if he ever were to break up he said I’m like his best friend I know so much about him that we have history together he wouldn’t want me out of his life. Yet he did. No way to contact him now since he still has me blocked on all platforms and he returned Sprint the phone he had on my plan 2 weeks ago therefore recycling the number as well. Last message I sent to him was me being upset he still didn’t return my things I’ve been patiently and politely asking for, saying I don’t even know what type of person he is anymore but he’s not one I want to associate with if he’s being so cold and he said “cool, don’t try to contact me again” then blocked me again and removed himself from my phone plan few days later. See, what is your intake on this?

January 21, 2018 at 7:09 am

You’re welcome! It looks like she’s a grass is greener for him..

Audrina M

January 18, 2018 at 2:20 am

Hi Amor & Team,

My ex boyfriend of 3 years and I broke up about 5 months ago, he blocked me off everything, reason why he broke up with me was because of distance (he didn’t have a car anymore), he wanted to concentrate on school and wasn’t looking to get a girlfriend or anything like that. The break up was extremely ugly. I notice on social media a week afterwards he posted someone’s initials with a heart next to it which I thought he did purposely for me to see but fast forward to now about to be 5 months later and I thought I have moved on, I found out he’s got a new girlfriend around the time we broke up. In the photos they look happy. The first photo date goes far back a month after which at that time we were in the texting phase (which he was flirty) before he randomly blocked me again. Since then, no word. After finding out the break up excuse was a lie and he had someone ready for when he dropped me, it opened up the same wound and I feel extremely hurt that he lied to me. When I think back about the end, everything was adding up and he confused me by acting as if no one else was in the picture. I’m also meeting his mother for lunch this Sunday since she wants to catch up and give me my things back that he refuses to meet me to do. I feel I’m going to cry and I have no control over my emotions anymore. And it hurts that despite all this, I still care for him. I can’t get how he can quickly move on.

January 19, 2018 at 4:48 pm

You can’t fully control what you feel but you can do that with your thoughts.. So, think of the meet with his mom as your opportunity to show through your actions and how you look that you’re doing great and way better than before and that you’re fine.. Because she will probably share what she thought of you and how you looked to her son. So, in that way at least you had your sweet revenge

Tasha Sherman

January 2, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Ok so I’ve known my ex for 5 years we dated for 4 1/2 this year after our break up in Oct 2016 we were talking and started getting serious in Sept 2017 mind you we were talking prior to this too and plus we have a son together. We were doing very good I mean very good we were taking family trips together together most of the time with out kids. I have 2 other kids and he has 1 and then we have one together. Well in Oct 2017 we went to six flags everything was fine. November we were still talking I’m still over there a lot thanksgiving he spent with my family and I spent it with his as well. The week after thanksgiving he went out of town that Friday we were suppose to hang out something felt off and I found out this girl he use to talk to way before we started talking was in Dallas as well. I put two as two together and asked him and he took her to Dallas as well. That day I asked him what he wanted to do he said he wasn’t going to talk to her anymore and he wanted to be with me. He kept apologizing and a few days later he met back up with her again after that he promised he wasmy going to talk to her and said again he wanted to be with me that day we ended up going to Austin and he was frustrated with helping my sister move he said he wanted to do what he wants to do and I was forcing him to be in a relationship I left it only and we went back home not even a few hrs I see she posted JC on her page which is his initials after that she post pics of them ever since that she’s been posting their pics. A few weeks ago he calls me and out of the blue he tells me I don’t even know if I’m going to be with this girl actually I know I’m not. But I thought to myself why say that when yours pursuing this girl everyday he is 32 and now all of a sudden he is never there anymore for our son his mom has been watching him. Then on my birthday on new years he says happy birthday and have a happy New Year. I’ll always love you, you know that. I said I know happy New Year and thank you. Then I say but please just think about what you are doing and you know I’ll always have feelings for you as well. He reply back with o do everyday trust…
    What do I do I want him back so bad and just how everything happened so fast like very fast and him confusing me by his words and his actions not matching. My heart and gut feeling says to hold on but I feel so stupid and taken for granted and advantage of. We talk from time to time but not really I’ve seen him once since the Austin trip in person besides on messenger which he will call and then request a video chat. What do I do and has he really moved on since he’s ignoring me more for this girl?

January 5, 2018 at 6:46 pm

Jen

December 30, 2017 at 8:31 pm

I was with my ex on and off for 6 years. In the first year of our relationship he cheated and we ended our relationship. After a few months he contacted me and we tried to work things out. Things were great for just over a year but ultimately I wasn’t able to let go of his previous infidelity and we’d had a big argument and he left. We split up for nearly 9 months (we had no contact in this time and he’d been seeing someone else) until I contacted him to see how he was and we got back together again. This time we became engaged and he was living with me and my son (from a previous relationship). We were together this time for a year and a half and then had a big fight. Seemed significant at the time but ridiculous now. He did his disappearing act again and about a month later he contacted me begging to come home. This time I wouldn’t let him come back . I wanted him to make changes to his behaviour and I wasn’t ready to repeat our historical pattern. We’ve been apart for a year and a half but have remained in contact with each other. Two months ago he told me he was moving to a new town for a new job and how he needed a change. He said me and my son played heavy on his mind before making his decision but that he felt I had given up on him so he decided to go. This made me start to question my resistance on letting him back in my life and I started to think about him constantly. I recently discovered through social media that he’s seeing someone new and I’m heartbroken all over again because he’s moving on without me. For the most part we always had a great relationship. We grew stronger after getting over the initial cheating and we were both generally happy together. My son and I both miss him terribly and I’d like to see if he feels we have something worth saving but don’t know if I should try contacting him or let him go in case he’s happier in his new relationship. Feeling totally confused.

December 31, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Hi Jen,

For me, you should move on.

Gabby

December 27, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Hello,

Hopefully i can get some help. I left my boyfriend(whom is my son’s father as well) roughly two years ago. throughout the two years we had contact with each other because of my son but i tried to keep conversation between us as minimal as possible. I left him because we were financially unstable, he was unemployed for several months, and he cheated. With a newborn and being financially responsible for two people took a toll on me, not to mention i was already down because of the cheating. i took the past two years to 1.) force him to make a change since he didn’t have his family, 2.) to heal myself and come to terms with everything. Throughout the two years he tried to constant;y get back wiht me, but i just couldn’t, i loved him but was still hurt about everthing that happened. Now i have changed as a woman and i forgave him for everything that has happened, i just needed to do it for my well being.But now i told him i wanted toget back with him, to try and work things out for our sons sake and because i simply love him. but now he’s in a relationship and has been dating this person for about 7 months. im so hurt and down about all this. i want him back and quite simply don’t know what to do. Hopefully someone can help me out here 🙁

December 28, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Ashley

December 26, 2017 at 3:14 am

My ex and I have known each other for 5 years. We were never really serious, just on and off but have Always had a strong connection. Over the last couple of years we started becoming closer but I ended up in a serious relationship that led to an engagement.
    We never stopped talking, we always stayed friends and our chemistry has always been so strong. I ended up breaking off my engagement and we continued to see each other. We were not exclusive per se but it would have been the case if I had not started seeing my ex fiancé again. My (on and off boyfriend) found out and completely cut me off. We have never went more than 2 weeks of not speaking (even while I was engaged) anyway- he stopped talking to me for 5 months. I would reach out and he’d never respond up until about a month ago I asked him how he was and he finally responded that he was well and then never responded when I told him how I was since he proceeded to ask how I was. I left him alone for a couple of weeks and started to accept It wasn’t going back to how it used to. He always came back.
    Then randomly one night he messages me saying he still hopes I’m alright and happy. But that was the end of it. I got all worked up and started messaging him. (No response) then a week later I messaged him and he responded to me and we started friendly chatting that turned into sexual or course. I kept trying to see him but he kept backing out and then finally told me he recently started seeing someone and he didn’t want to fuck it up because he actually likes her. He thought we could be friends but we’re so attracted to each other that we’d end up sleeping together and he wants to see where this new relationship goes. I told him I wish him the best of luck and then the next day he asked to meet him if I wanted to talk. We FaceTimed for two hours and I couldn’t take it anymore I had to hang up. He texted me saying he thinks he has to block me because of temptation. He didn’t block me but I left It as I wish him the best in his new relationship. We went from not talking to him responding to my messages but he said all he can give me right now is friendship and that I had no problem breaking the news that I was engaged to him and he tried to understand and accept it.
    I love him so much and want him back. After he told me he was seeing someone he kept messaging me trying to explain it and then was open to meeting. What can I do? We have such an amazing connection. He said he’s been seeing this girl for two months….. we’ve had something for 5 years and it wasn’t ever serious until the last two. Help me!!! Should I just leave him alone or still text him so he doesn’t forget me?

December 27, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Hi Ashley,

Check this one:
      Will My Ex Forget Me If I Do No Contact

Jessica

December 25, 2017 at 2:21 pm

So I ended things with my boyfriend of 3 years last month. I recently found that he was dating someone new through his social media although we’ve only been broken up a month. What made it worst was when I found it out it was two days before our would have been 4 year anniversary. The girl he is dating is an old friend that got in touch with him through social media during our relationship. I got really upset and got into a heated argument with him about the situation. In the argument he told me that he wasn’t talking to her during our relationship but started talking to her afterwards. I said some mean things in the argument and he ended up blocking my number. I feel really bad and only said it because I was hurt, wanted him back and surprised he moved on so fast. He says she treats him better than I did. He ended up blocking my number. I know I can still get in contact with him but should I apologize first and then start no contact or should I just start no contact. Do I have a chance or should I let this go. PLS HELP

Mary

December 14, 2017 at 7:00 am

I’ve been meeting my ex boyfriend on and off, even when I was in a 4 year relationship with another person, and him with his still ongoing girlfriend of 3 years. This is by the far the longest that we’ve keep in contact and meet almost at least twice every month since this year May. I’ve broken up with my boyfriend of 4 years. We have so many closures, at least 10 I think. The most recent one in october, he said he would gladly help me out with moving on. We always want to end whatever we are having but we’ll always end up meeting again. I’ve tried the no contact rule, but he’s the one that has been texting me first especially recently. I’m not sure what he wants since he dont seem like he would leave his current gf. We do hook up when we meet but I’m not sure if lust is what he wants from me cause his sex life with his gf is surprisingly great? HELP I’M SO CONFUSED????????????? I want him back, his actions seemed like he wants me too but i don’t know?????

December 15, 2017 at 4:02 pm

HI Mary,

yup, it’s sex.. It doesn’t matter if he has a good sex life or not with his gf.. you’re still giving it to him without commitment. So, why would he end something he’s getting without giving something in return?

Nicole

December 12, 2017 at 3:07 am

My ex and I were together for 5 months. Everything was perfect…we had met each other’s families, talked about our future, never even had a fight, etc. I always had his phone and he was never bothered by it until one night he kept hiding it from me. I caught a glimpse and saw a girls name. When I asked him about it he said it was a girl he worked with and I had nothing to worry about. I believed him. A few days later he started acting really distant and I asked him if everything was ok and he said he wanted a break and when I asked him if it was so he could talk to that girl he just said no we just needed time apart…the next night I asked him about the girl again and he admitted yes they had been talking and I asked if he wanted to be with her now and he said yes. One week later he’s in a relationship with a completely different girl..not even the girl he left me for. He’s 29 and this girl is only 20 and they had only talked for a few days before changing their relationship status on FB! We are still friends on all social media and he still watches my Snap stories. My gut tells me that we were getting too serious and he freaked out…but who knows. I plan on doing the NC (it’s almost been 2 weeks), but I’m just wondering if it’s even worth the fight. I do still love him, but I don’t know if I’m blinded by that and won’t accept that he’s just not the guy I thought he was…I’m just so confused!

December 14, 2017 at 9:02 am

Hi Nicole
      Honestly, he sounds like a player.. You saw him talking to another girl but then he jumped into a relationship with a different one

Kiara

December 10, 2017 at 4:28 am

Hello there ,

So three years back we were in a sweet relationship until shit happened. My mom and sister didn’t like him and they caused so many problems , due to that he took a step back cause he knew I love him so much that I can’t let him go. Yet we made it somehow fighting against the odds for a year and I left him on 2015 , cause it was hurting me more than anything to know that he’s falling out of love (he said that to make me hate him).
    We haven’t spoken to each other since then , I blocked him from every social media and all possible ways of communicating, I never really forgot him I loved him and I still do crazy. 2 months back , we spoke to each other via Instagram and felt like nothings really had changed. He still knows I love him so much , but he has a gf and they’ve been dating for 9 months now and she’s in Maldives and they’ve never met each other yet.She knows about me as he says he always had been talking about me with whoever he meets , he says he likes who I am cause I’m very different from the other girls and he loves my character. I surprised him on his 21st bday and he had some conflicts with his gf . He says me all the issues , I keep listening that supper his thought but it’s killing me on the inside, but I don’t have the right to nag and pick about the issues. They broke up 2 weeks back , and he’s been talking to me all day and night. Now she showed up 3 days back .. and they are sorting out problems.

I’m afraid I’ll never get him .. I’m afraud they’ll date again.

December 12, 2017 at 2:19 am

Ary

December 9, 2017 at 11:45 pm

My ex and I broke up a month and a week ago. I have been doing the no contact rule for 38 days and still ongoing. I’m still doing it because I know he’s a stubborn person. I thought I was okay and already emotionally and mentally ready until my friends told me that they found him with someone else. It hurt me to the core. He was the one who broke up with me (had been cold for almost a month before that) and saying he wanted to be open and see other people. I asked him if there already was someone else and he denied. At first I tried saving the relationship but in the end, I gave him his freedom. I even gave him a closure message 2 days after the break up and he replied too. 1 week after the closure message, I texted him because I found out his grandpa died. When he replied so late still, that was when i realized and started the NC rule. And now, I’m so confused on what to do. I thought about still continuing the NC until 90 days just to make sure that I feel better emotionally and mentally again (and I’ve been working out on my physical too and had good results so far). If you have any idea on what I should do, please let me know.

December 12, 2017 at 2:11 am

Hi Ary,
      I’m confused. When did you asked him if he’s seeing somebody else? Was that after 38 days?

Polly

December 2, 2017 at 7:09 pm

My ex broke up with me a month ago. Today I reached out after no contact and we spoke. He said he likes a girl from work and has been hanging out with her and is going to her place tonight. We flirted and he said he missed my body but doesn’t want to get back together. I don’t know what to do next

December 5, 2017 at 1:10 am

the more you do nc, the less it works.. so, make this your last nc, do 45 days and then take it slow in building rapport after nc and check this one:
      My Boyfriend Says He Wants To Date Me and Another Girl

Ella

December 2, 2017 at 4:02 am

Almost 2 months ago my ex broke up with me and a few days later he got into a relationship with someone else he told me how she makes him happy and how shw treats him good 9 days ago when we were arguing through text one of the last things he said to me 9 days ago was I don’t want you in my life I am happy he then changed his number and deleted his whatsapp do I have any chance of getting him back or should I just accept that it is over ?

December 5, 2017 at 1:13 am

Hi Ella,

why not try the no contact rule first? Have you tried our quiz?

Clara

November 28, 2017 at 9:09 am

Thanks for replying, if she is a grass is greener kind of thing, would that mean that she is unlikely a rebound? When he had the conversation with me he said he still had feelings for me but he was tired of missing me and being lonely and just really wanted both of us to move on as this wasn’t healthy anymore.

He also told himself after i left his city that if he did meet someone, he wouldnt let waiting for me get in the way of it as he didnt know how long to wait. He just never properly communicated this to me. Should I just move on or try the above?

November 29, 2017 at 2:05 pm

She’s less likely a rebound.. Try the advice above first, if it doesn’t work, move on..

MaryK

November 26, 2017 at 2:46 am

Hi EBR Team, My ex-bf and I were in a serious relationship for 4 years and were planning our wedding. A month ago he said he doesn’t think he can marry me because of our different cultures. He also said he doesn’t want mixed children anymore and his family is embarrassed of my dark skin colour. We broke up and I implemented no contact for 30 days, where I was improving every day and posting.
    After 30 days, I text him first contact texts for 2 days and he has responded extremely favourably. On the 2nd day he said he wanted to share something with me since he wanted to be open with me. He told me that he is “talking” to someone, and unsure of how I will react by this news (is this a rebound?). I acted confident and told him I was happy for him and that I am doing the same. His reaction was not that excited but he wished me all the best. Should I still continue to text him and build rapport and move on to meeting up? Technically he’s still single, but talking to the other girl. How often should I text/meet up with him in this case? Although he always responds, what if he never initiates the texts?

November 28, 2017 at 1:47 am

HI Mary K,

For me, you shouldn’t get back with a person who thinks of you like that.

MaryK

November 26, 2017 at 2:23 am

After 30 days, I text him first contact texts for 2 days and he has responded extremely favourably. On the 2nd day he said he wanted to share something with me since he wanted to be open with me. He told me that he is “talking” to someone, and unsure of how I will react by this news. I acted confident and told him I was happy for him and that I am doing the same. His reaction was not that excited but he wished me all the best. Should I still continue to text him and build rapport and move on to meeting up? Technically he’s still single, but talking to the other girl. How often should I text/meet up with him in this case? Although he always responds, what if he never initiates the texts?

November 28, 2017 at 1:47 am

HI Mary K,

For me, you shouldn’t get back with a person who thinks of you like that.

1 3 4 5 6 7 66