3,807 thoughts on “Has He Moved On? How To Get Him Back If He Has A Girlfriend”

hayley

August 5, 2018 at 1:33 am

Me and my ex had moved into our second house together we had been together 2 years and have a dog together. One night we went to bed besides each other as normal. He got up that morning for work and kissed me goodbye and said he loved me as normal. He then returned from work got all his things and left me. I was completely heart broken never felt pain like it! It’s been just over a month and he has a new girlfriend. He has blocked me off everything social media platform as well as blocking my number. I haven’t heard a single thing from him. I haven’t had any explanation of why he got up and left and I just want him home. Is it a good idea to fight for him or to just leave him be.

August 5, 2018 at 1:58 am

Hi Halley!

I am so sorry for the pain you are going thru. I think for the next few weeks, you focus on your own healing. Could it be a rebound, possibly. But you need to focus on your own recovery. Look on my site for examples of things you can do to recover. Later you can assess what you want.

August 5, 2018 at 1:58 am

Hi Halley!

Gursimran

August 1, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Me and my ex were together for 18 months and he got into a new relationship right after breaking up with me. We decided to stay as friends and we do still talk. Sometimes he randomly starts to flirt with me even though he has a girlfriend. I have asked him about her but he denies the fact that he is dating someone. He also made her delete the pictures of them together from her social media and is trying to keep the new relationship on the low. But whenever I mention a new guy to him he gets jealous and starts asking if I’m dating or like that person. I still have a lot of feelings for him and we’ve only been broken up for a month and a half and seeing him with someone else already really hurts. They’re always at each other’s house and just spending time together all the time. It hurts to see that because me and him were in a long distance relationship (about 3 hours away). I just want to know if he has really moved on or will he ever come back because he seems pretty happy with his new life.

August 2, 2018 at 3:23 am

Hi G!

Hard to know if he has moved on or if this is a rebound. 18 months gives you both some traction and so he may discover that he underappreicated you and you can help him realize that through your ex recovery plan. I have a lot resources like eBooks and other things you can find my site’s home page and encourage to go check it out so you have solid plan going forward.

Destiny

July 28, 2018 at 7:40 am

My ex and I dated four years ago. I broke up with him because of personal issues I was having with myself. I want him back so much, but he’s like he’s dating girl after girl. I texted him a few years ago, but he ignored them like he didn’t know who I am. I found out that he broke up with his ex and is now dating someone else. I do want him back, but what can I do? I’ve tried moving on, but my mind always come back to him and him alone.

July 29, 2018 at 1:53 am

Hi Destiny…..first find peace in yourself and know that you can be happy with or without him. Then you will feel empowered. As far as making a connection with him, perhaps trying texting again describing something you did together to trigger a response from him. Maybe he has moved on and if he has, hopefully he would share this with you.

Shae

May 14, 2018 at 6:56 pm

I commited the mistake of sexting with my long distance ex…a few times. I need him to see me like something else (he always says that I’m more than my body but…) and I don’t knw how to break this wheel. I did NC and he always ended up texting me but during the last three months we only texted each other (he initiating) 4 times and 3 ended like that (even if he was more affectionate, not enough). I want to be more but I don’t want to scare him and show my cards about wanting him back.
    What can I do for being more than that for him again?

Missraff

May 8, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Hi. My ex and I broke up about 2 months ago. We had a very strong bond in our relationship. We still spoke during the 2 months and tried to take things slow but then we ended up fighting again. He then blocked me and i left it for about 2 weeks. I then called to tell him to bring my stuff to me he was abit skeptical about bringing it saying he doesnt want to get rid of me so easily but he found someone else. I then found out who she was (he and I were close with her family but he is closer as he works with her aunt)and completely freaked out and demanded he bring my things to me. I was hoping to be strong when I saw him but I completely lost it and begged him to come back. Of course he said no saying he moved on and I have to as well and he doesnt love me anymore(but 3 weeks ago he said he did). He asked if we could be friends at some point but not now. So right now I am working on myself not making contact with him but I really want to get him back. What do I do?

May 8, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Hi Missraff…remember that people say all kinds of things that are not necessarily true during a breakup. He may be involved with this new girl as a form of a rebound relationship. Time will tell if it gets any traction. It seems to me he still has feelings for you. You will be best positioned by picking up a copy of my comprehensive ebook, “Ex Boyfriend Recovery Pro” as it is aimed at giving you a blueprint as to what you should and should not do (go to my website Menu/Products link). Your own self recovery is critical to this whole process and there are many things you can do to enhance your value in his eyes. So go take a look at some of my ebooks and other resources and services available that will help improve your chances.

tammy

May 5, 2018 at 12:37 am

Hi. My ex and I dated for almost 2 years. We broke up in Jan 2018. He said he needed to work on himself and he wasn’t sure if he ever wanted to be married again. We are both in our 40’s. We had a great relationship. Many things in common, never argued, great chemistry and mutual respect for each other.
    So I was shocked when he broke up with me. I didn’t beg or bargain to try to get him back. I was able to do no contact for 21 days.

We’ve been emailing and texting ever so often, keeping it extremely upbeat. He called me once and we ran into each other on the train once where we sat together and he mentioned we should do dinner together. I agreed.
    Dinner never happened.

Three weeks later I received a text message in the middle of the night from his new girlfriend (who I didn’t know existed). She sent 7 pictures and 2 video’s of them partying in London (on a trip that we had planned to take together) and 7 pictures of just herself in sexy clothes, including lingerie. I was devastated! Later found out that she had used his phone without his knowledge to send me those texts/pics. I am not connected to him on social media but found out that he did post 3 pics from their trip on his page.

I quickly blocked his number, sent him a text and email saying she had better not text me again. He emailed me and apologized, saying she was angry at him and lashed out.

I still want him back. I love him. We had a great relationship. He’s a great guy. Right now I’m on day 5 of No contact again. What do you think my chances of getting him back are and anything special i need to do?

May 5, 2018 at 4:04 am

Hi Tammy! Well…with the way the other woman is behaving, I like your chances. She seems both vindictive and mean spirited. So perhaps this is a rebound relationship for him. You picked up my epic ebook, “Ex Boyfriend Recovery Pro”, right? If not, go take a look (website Menu/Products link). It serves as sort of a Companion Guide, blueprint on tactics to optimize your chances. Right now, it’s your own personal recovery that is key. You seem to already have a strong constitution, so that bodes well. So read up on all the things you can be doing and drop me a line sometime to let me know how tings are going. By the way, you write really well! Take good care Tammy!

Tammy

May 7, 2018 at 5:58 pm

I ran into my ex again on the train. We talked. I asked him the real reason we broke up. He said that he felt I deserved better, deserved someone who would marry me. Again, shocked! I told him I’ve been reading, mediating, working on myself and that I’d rather live the rest of my life in a good relationship than mess that up over a ring and a piece of paper.

We went to lunch. Talked some more. Reminiscing over good times. He agreed that we had a great relationship. I told him I wanted him back. He said he was just dating the new girl, she is not his girlfriend. I may have told him too many times that I wanted him back but I was extremely nervous. He said he would let me know. Ended lunch on a good note.
      Today I sent him a link to a concert and a short video I filmed that we had attended once before. I did not mention we should go again, just left that unsaid.
      So we’ll see what happens from here. I’m so nervous waiting on his response. Not sure if I should text him again in a few days with more memories.

May 7, 2018 at 10:31 pm

Just go it slow Tammy….remember this whole ex recovery thing is a process. Sometimes it works…sometimes it doesn’t and if it doesn’t, that’s OK. Better to learn where we really stand, than delude ourselves. As to where this situation will lead…only time will tell. You guys are on talking terms and that is positive. Continue to use the tactics I discuss in my ebooks and here on the site.

tammy

May 8, 2018 at 1:48 pm

To update: I received an email from him saying that going back is not an option for him. He is going forward with the new relationship and see where it takes him.
      I now have closure and have learned some very important things: patience, work on my communication skills and I need to listen to understand and not to reply and that I need to follow my instincts (I should have had this conversation with him at 21 day NC and not waited).
      It really was a good relationship. He just got scared and shut me out. Sometimes relationships don’t end because they are bad. It just might not be the right time. There are no hard feelings. For some reason I don’t feel the universe if through with the two of us yet but I’m moving on. I will accept this and see what the future holds for me.

I only hope the new girl doesn’t ruin such a sweet man. I hope he can see her for who she is before it’s too late.

Thanks for your help.

May 8, 2018 at 2:39 pm

Your welcome Tammy….I have no doubt you are going to land on your feet through all this.

krena

May 3, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Hi
    My ex and I have been broken up 7 months now (he left me), we were in a LDR for 2 years. We are on friendly terms (he suggested we stayed friends) and have been in contact for most of those 7 months and i would say we are pretty close. Now he told me he has a new gf for 2 months and she is extremly jealous of me. She read all our conversations and demanded from him that he stopped contacting me and she deleted my number from his phone and defriended me from some of his apps. He then gave me a “secret” email adress so i can contact him…im corious how often should i contact him (i said i wont message him, as she might see the messages on his phone) or how to stay in touch in circumstances like these. and – van this situation turn out to my advantage?

May 3, 2018 at 9:43 pm

Hi Krena….I met my wife in a LDR….so it can work out, but its hard. The involvement of another girl is an added complication. He seems to want the best of both worlds. That is not sustainable in the longterm. You have to decide if you want to enable his behavior. Its not likely he is going to drop her immediately and come running to you. But he doesn’t seem so sure what he wants. Close call here. Maybe you pull back some. Let him wrestle with what he truly wants. Can you be just a friend to him? Or do you want much more from him? I sounds like you want the latter. Or maybe its both. Can you be just a friend, if he is truly committed to this other girl? Let some time go by and let’s see what you both think in the near future.

krena

May 4, 2018 at 10:42 am

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it 🙂 You are right, I want more than just friendship…Its probably really best to pull away for some time, focus on myself and see what happens.

May 4, 2018 at 3:41 pm

I agree Krena. You also might want to look at joining my Private Facebook Support Group Community. I have about 1500 women (some men) in the Group. Its a pretty dynamic group whose aim is to help, share, support. I do weekly Facebook live webcasts. Just go to my website menu/products link to learn more!

Lena

April 14, 2018 at 10:42 am

Thanks so much for sharing this information. It’s so helpful and comforting to me right now. About 9 months ago, I met a really nice guy. He pursued me a lot and was very interested in me (more than I was in him at the time). He was very sweet and sincere with me and always uplifted me. He told me that a girl like me is hard to find (which i’ve Been told before). We had great chemistry in person and got along great and had easy conversations. I could tell that he really liked me by things he said and by how he acted with me. He talked about commitment, and how his friends and brothers were getting married, and that he is saving up to get a house. He told me that he didn’t want me to date anyone else. Anyway, so
    I started responding positively to his advances and pursuit of me. I started liking him back. And he suddenly became very hot and cold with me out of nowhere. I always got the feeling that he really liked me, but he would still disappear, and then would tell me that he didn’t want to disappoint me or let me down (even though I assured him that he never had). I was always patient & understanding about things. After a while of this, He told me that he’s still so unsure of who he is and what he wants in his life. So we continued to talk as friends. And the next part is where it all went downhill. He disappeared on me again and stopped answering my texts. I asked him to please not do that to me again. Then one day, I was just feeling so exhausted from it and a bit frustrated. I sent a text saying, “I guess I’m here when you’re ready to talk to someone who has their “stuff” together. I don’t know why I said that. I was just feeling ignored and hurt. So after I sent that text, he deleted me from everything online, (Snapchat etc). I was crushed. A week or 2 later he wrote me and said that my text upset him and he doesn’t Want to be around someone that thinks that way about him. I tried to apologize and explain that what I said came out the wrong way and I was just having a tough time when I said those words. He seemed to disregard that and Just made up his mind to be done at that point. So a month went by without any contact between me and him. Then the other night, I sent a text just to “test the waters”. I just said hi and that I hoped things were going well for him. He wrote back and said that he’s doing well and that he has a GIRLFRIEND now. I felt crushed. So basically, after he cut me off, he jumped into a relationship with someone else right away. And I almost feel like he used that text I sent that “upset” him, as an excuse to end things with me. He led me to believe that he really cared for me and wanted to date me for several months. And then goes and just gets a girlfriend after telling me that he doesn’t know what he wants in his life right now. Close friends and family keep telling me that I was too good for him, and that he probably didn’t feel good enough for me. (I never slept with him and told him I was waiting). But I dunno if they are just trying to make me feel better. This has been heartbreaking and confusing for me. I never responded to him after he told me he has a girlfriend. I am going to let time pass, and possibly try reaching out again in the future, if I feel that it’s worth it. What are your thoughts? Is that a real thing? Where guys can feel intimidated or unworthy of certain girls? I feel like he just rebounded with someone else, and settled with someone who was easier for him. I don’t know. Any advice would help! Sorry this is so long! Thanks for reading!

April 14, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Hi Lena. You seem like a really special person. And while one never knows how these things work out, perhaps the fit with him and you is not ideal considering how insensitive he has behaved. Think of it this way, perhaps he had done you a favor by shining some light on what he is really about. I know there are still some feelings there. You might want to consider an ebook I wrote called the “No Contact Rulebook”. It is lengthy and talks about the merits of the process, both in terms of optimizing one’s chances with a breakup, but also there is considerable information about the personal recovery side of the ex recovery equation. Also, I have a large Private Facebook Group this has some amazing women in it that help each other and I do live webcasts weekly. YOu can find more information about these resources at my website Menu/Products link. Take good care Lena!

Lena

April 15, 2018 at 8:23 am

Chris,
      Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. You have no idea how much it’s helping me right now. I appreciate all your kind words and advice about my situation. It gives me a new perspective on things. I will definitely check out your e-book, and try to find the Facebook page as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to help all of us ladies out there who are trying to open up and heal our hearts! What a wonderful thing you are doing! Best regards.

April 18, 2018 at 4:27 am

Hi Lena…that is so sweet of you. You are special.

May

April 11, 2018 at 3:24 am

Actually, me and my boyfriend had been dating for almost 14 years and a half. (we both were 15 then) we were childhood sweethearts. We loved each other so much. He was a very understanding boyfriend and that we had planned to marry on our 11th Anniversary. But Unfortunately, I was diagnosed that I have Addison disease. But he didn’t give up and he sent me to the hospital and incurred all the medication fees. After that our wedding was cancelled. but also he didn’t give up then, he supported me whatever I need both mentally and financially. But when my family got financial problem, he supported me a lot. But about one year ago, when I wanted to study the bachelor degree ( final year) he supported me. the problem has begun then, coz I was so stressed and whenever he called me and facetime with me, I was so irritated and I was like bad mouthed to him. He was so depressed. ( yeah, we were LDR then and I was studying at another state).
    and I was studying at another state). During my final year study, he went and visited to me just once. that is all. And when I came back we were discussing about the wedding again. but his business was financially in tight situation and he had another family problems. But I could never give him pure or sincere understanding and I stated to argued with him a lot. Then, he requested to give him some space, but I wouldn’t. So he started to drink a lot again and went to parties and dated with many girls and got one night stands for fun. When I found out that, I cursed him like hell. But we had reconciled for a while, it was about weeks. Then, I started to afraid to lose him forever. Then, I started to show my desperation and pleaded him not to leave me. he said he won’t . but I called him at nights and like checking if he is drinking with frds or chics. Then, seemed like he was annoyed a lot and then. He urged to break up. But shortly after that, about one weeks or one month, he got a new girlfriend. he went trips with her. He posted couple together with her and he brought her his home to meet with his parents. I  went so crazy. I begged him and asked to come back to me which he denied and he was like he considers me just as a friend. So it has been 7 mnths that we broke up and it has been 6 mnths he dates with the new gal. What should I do? I am so scared that the new girl may become a serious thing, not a rebound anymore. I tried No contact rule, but it didn’t work. but I think after that I had failed them coz I was so frenzy and I showed him my desperation whenever I saw him together with her and heard him with her from my mutual friends.
    pls help me, do I still have a hope or chance to get back together with him or is it the end? pls pls pls help me

April 11, 2018 at 4:42 am

Hi May! No one can be sure of the future. But my sense is you should focus on your own healing and not count on him to be there for you. You have so many wonderful things ahead of you and while it may not feel this way to you right now, your long term happiness is not dependent on him.

Queen

April 6, 2018 at 6:12 pm

My bf used to date this girl and he said she’s just a friend but I always knew it was more than that after coming to a serious condition I asked him to leave her instead he left me what do I do

1. Jennifer Seiter

Jennifer Seiter

April 7, 2018 at 2:56 am

That’s a great question, you will have to start with no contact. Let him feel the loss of you not being in his life. I’d recommend 30-45 days no contact depending on the details of your relationship. When you start talking again try to act the opposite of controlling. Show him you have your own life.

Queen

April 10, 2018 at 1:44 pm

Thanks a lot

3. Jennifer Seiter

Jennifer Seiter

April 10, 2018 at 6:41 pm

Your welcome. <3 Were here for you anytime you need us!

Natasha

April 4, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Hi , My Ex boyfriend and i dated for 8 years. He has cheated on me before and i forgave him and we worked things out. We recently broke up again. And in three weeks i find out he started dating a new girl. What do i do in this situation ?

April 5, 2018 at 11:02 pm

Ok, I have found the biggest and baddest strategy when it comes to your situation is the being there method. Do you know what that is?

Michaela Lim

April 4, 2018 at 8:34 am

My ex boyfriend and I dated for a year and a half and broke up about 2 months ago. He came over one Sunday and I was on his phone and saw he added this girl on snapchat but logged out because he didn’t want me seeing that he added her. A few days prior to this I had told him how I had a gut feeling he liked her and he assured me he didn’t like her and I didn’t need to worry. After that sunday we got into an argument over it and he told me we needed a break the next day, and i told him i didn’t want to take one because his birthday and our annaversary was in 2 days so he just broke up with me instead. He tried getting with a girl he dated briefly in the past but she turned him down, so he came back to me saying he wanted me back and he missed me and all he truly wanted was just a break. I gave in and we had sex and this only lasted a couple of days maybe like 3 then he was onto the next girl. He’s been texting the girl he added on snapchat but she friend zoned him, so he didn’t think he had a chance and kept me around still. She started to get closer as they texted everyday and now has feelings for him, they pretty much hangout everyday now and he hasn’t spoken or texted me for 2 weeks. I’m trying to do NC, i’m on week 2. I just really want him back we had a great relationship but I don’t know if he’s happier with her or if he even misses me at all.

April 5, 2018 at 10:58 pm

Two words for you here…

BEING THERE!

The being there method is the premier strategy for your situation.

God, I wish you were at the webinar yesterday. Anna (another coach) and I talked about this A LOT!

Michaela

April 7, 2018 at 12:08 pm

Should I still finish my no contact period before I start the being there method?

April 7, 2018 at 9:50 pm

Yep you definitely need to.

Sadia rodoshi

March 20, 2018 at 9:34 am

Me nd my ex broke up 1 month ago he is 1 year serious then me in school he reads 2
    classes senior then me he broke up with me because he said I was overprotective I said iam not but if you think okk I will be better for u he said no need brkup then before the brkup he said he is having nd fake rltn with his classmate to show that classmates ex jealous then after our brkup he gone to a serious rltn with the same girl but today he was peeking through my class so I love him so much that I can’t explain nd he blocked me from facebook etc so what should I do to get him back

March 25, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Hi Sadia,

Try the no contact rule. Approach it like this one:
      EBR 009: The No Contact Rule If You Work With Your Ex

Lucy

March 15, 2018 at 11:07 pm

I started dating my boyfriend when we were 16 years old. At the age of 21 we broke up mutually because we thought we’d fallen out of love. Two years later we got back together and both realised we’d made a mistake.
    We’d been together since, however he broke up with me a few weeks ago due to feeling a connection with another woman. We’re both 38 this year and since we’ve spent so many years together I wanted to try and make things work but he said he no longer feels that way for me. I come from a bad background and tend to keep things to myself, the woman he’s fallen for is very open, I think he felt he’s missed out so much with me. I told him I’d get counselling but he doesn’t want to try.
    I’m falling apart.

March 16, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Hi Lucy,

Try the nc rule and check this one:
      The Grass is Greener Syndrome For Ex Boyfriends

sabrina

March 11, 2018 at 9:11 am

Hello,
    My ex and I broke up last 2 years ago but we are still seeing each other at school and i still can’t get over him. Saddest thing is he got a new girlfriend 5 months ago and it makes me hurt so much. I can’t understand him because he sometimes talks to me as a friend but mostly he just treats me as a stranger in school. But i seriously want him so bad and i still can’t move on. I tried to forget him by dating someone else last year but i didn’t work well and i just wanted him. So, give me some advice for what should i do and tell me should i wait him or not.? Thanks.

March 14, 2018 at 12:02 pm

Hi Sabrina,

How old are you both? Well, we cant4 tell you what you should feel but if you need to move on, that means moving forward no matter what you feel about him.

Archana

March 11, 2018 at 6:08 am

Me And my bf are in a relationship of 7 yrs but past 6 months he started talking to my friend and was ina relationship but he told her not to tell me and started ignoring me but he never broke up i hve behaved very rudely with him when we were in relationship that made him going away from me but trust me i love him a lot i want him back with that same love in his eyes for me plz tell me how can i we talk now also we hvnt broke up till now we were about to marry

March 14, 2018 at 11:56 am

Hi Archana

Do you mean he’s cheating on you?

Tigeress

April 7, 2018 at 1:55 am

No way if he s cheatng

Holly

February 24, 2018 at 5:07 am

I finally got my ex back after no contact and him reaching out to me. We decided to take things slow and try again. Everything seemed good and then the moment we had sex it felt kike some things changed. The chase was over and he slowly started putting less effort in. I gave him 3 chances to leave and each time he said I was special and he wanted to continue. The mixed signals were killing me. He ended up going to dinner with one of his best friends from high school who is a girl and he didn’t text me at all that day. I spoke with him thr day before Valentine’s day and he did call me “love”. I finally ended up sending him a long message on Valentine’s day about how I felt he wasnt being truthful with his feelings towards me and he had no problem leaving etc. He never responded. He ghosted me after numerous texts and calls. I just want the truth. And I think he may be screwing around with this girl. Idk what to do anymore? No contact again?

February 27, 2018 at 11:00 am

Hi Holly,

How many days afte nc did you sleep with him and when was the last time you talked?

Dee

February 17, 2018 at 7:50 pm

My fiance and i broke up 3 weeks ago. He would not talk to me about, just said it’s over. We live together. He told me that he started seeing g someone. That started at about the 2 week mark. Supposedly she knows we were engaged 2weeks before they started seeing each other and is OK with that. It’s hard to do no contact since we live together but I’m trying to just act like roommates. It is hard though because I know when he stays out all night with her. I feel like he doesn’t even care that he’s hurting me so bad. I did text him last night and he didn’t respond cause it was about us. I don’t know how to do this and still live with him. I love him and was planning to marry him this year.

February 20, 2018 at 11:56 am

Dee

February 17, 2018 at 5:56 pm

My fiance and i broke up 3 weeks ago. We live together and he started seeing someone else before the 2 week mark. He would not talk to me about the breakup, just that it’s over. I am very hear broken. Since we live together, I know when he doesn’t come home at night. It’s not possible to do no contact but I have been trying not to say anything about us but it’s hard. I don’t know if he was cheating, already knew her or just met her.

Bannerman, forgive

February 11, 2018 at 2:00 pm

i broke up with my boyfriend and started dating anther guy,its being like one year now .but am not happy and i always miss my ex.i really want him back and i dont know if he is dating.thank you

February 15, 2018 at 6:05 pm

If you’re not happy break up and build up your life on your own first, before entering on a new or going back to an old relationship

1 2 3 4 5 6 66