129 thoughts on “How to Make Your Ex Miss You Without Talking To Him”

Casey

January 27, 2018 at 1:12 am

My ex broke up with me a couple days after Thanksgiving 2017. I initiated it because I noticed he had been distant. I asked if he wasn’t into it anymore and he just kept saying I’m sorry…meaning yes he wasn’t into it anymore. We hugged and cried a lot and were going to talk about our relationship but he said he didn’t think he was going to change his mind. The big problem is that I want to go to medical school and he isn’t leaving where we live right now because he has a business here. I am not sure if I even want to go anymore because I really love him and want a family but everyone says I have to try. This same problem has broken us up two times now. My test is March 24th and I have been prepping but it’s hard and I don’t even know if I want to go. We haven’t spoken in 42 days. I haven’t said a word and I deleted all of my social media. I did load dating sites and I see he is on them too. Will he come back? What should I do?

January 30, 2018 at 11:13 pm

Hi Casey,

You mean you still currently live together? If yes, why not you move out instead? If no, you being in medical school should be because you want it to, not because whether you have a bf or not.

Sofia

January 26, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Just wanted to tell you guys that NC and all of these methods work really well.
    I got my ex back really quickly after 14 days of NC
    And in total it took like 2 month (cause at first i kept texting him and didn’t know about these methods)
    I got him back although we were an ldr couple and he had a rebound and had blocked me on social media
    Nothing was right as you can see
    I spent a lot of time on myself and met my friends,travelled with my parents etc

Eventually he figured other girls couldn’t make him happy

So don’t give up and don’t talk to him
    Good Luck ~

January 29, 2018 at 11:53 am

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing Sofia!

bre

January 26, 2018 at 1:23 am

Greetings ive been in tje nc for 30 days now but last week he sends me a thumbs up emoji still unclear with what that meant and yesterday he goes to a mutual friend and acts like he dont miss me and was trying to basically pick her to see if i was talking to somebody else but je insists he didnt care… Im confused what do you think is in hos mind… I broke up with him for dishonesty and unloyalty but he acts as of he’s the victim… Smh yes im very confused

January 29, 2018 at 11:35 am

Hi Bre,

that’s common for exes.. are you doing nc to move on or to try to get him back? How active are you in improving yourself and in posting in social media?

Sarah

January 24, 2018 at 1:45 pm

So i reached out to my ex again and in our last text conversation, he even sent a double text to check on why i stopped replying after not responding for an hour. So i would say things are going in the right direction?

I need advice on what should I do next? should I keep on initiating texts to build rapport? Won’t it look like I am chasing him/interested if I keep sending him messages?

Also, one thing to note, during our relationship, we seldom spoke on the phone. We either texted or met in person. So there won’t be a progress to phone conversation stage… Also, he did mention casually during our texts that we should meet up soon. But I am not sure if he meant it as he did not follow up to set up any plans… What does that mean?

Thanks and hope to hear back soon!

January 25, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Hi Sarah,
      it’s ok to initiate, what’s more important is that you’re the one ending the conversation at high point and if you’re not keen to calls before, it’s ok to jump to meet ups but that would mean you need to do a longer time building rapport in text.

Courtney

January 23, 2018 at 3:57 pm

Hey , so I am currently in my 8th day of no contact. It’s has to be the hardest thing I have done. My story is a little different .. my ex and I were on and off for 7 years. I was always the one to come back to him .. because I felt I needed him. I currently found out I was pregnant and when he found out I seen his true colours .. he turned very mean and didn’t want to talk about it and told me to get an abortion. I just realized he was never going to committ to our relationship. I have been trying for us to get a house and move on to a more committed relationship considering we have been together for sometime. He is also 50 years old and I am only 27 and he still doesn’t want to settle down… so I figured mabye no contact make him realize that he actual wants to build a life with me. He is also fairly wealthy and can be selfish and use to his freedom so I think he might be scared .. idk but no contact has been working so far .. he as sent me two emails but just breadcrumbs. Do I have a chance at making this work ?

January 24, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Hi Courtney,

Are you keeping the baby? Do the nc rule for you and your baby. So, that you can start a new routine in your life, heal, improve and maintain health for your baby..

S

January 23, 2018 at 10:56 am

After NC for a month I texted him, and he said he’s sorry but he’s not there yet. Im not sure if I should give him more space or?

January 24, 2018 at 1:02 pm

Hi S,

When was that?

T

January 22, 2018 at 10:15 pm

Hi, looking for some advice.
    My ex broke up with me 25 days ago and I’ve been doing NC ever since. He told me we fight too much and don’t seem compatible in a relationship. We were together for 3 and a half years. A bunch of signs were pointing towards that he was seeing someone new right away…maybe even starting a few days before we broke up. Do you think he will come back? When will he start to miss me? I miss him SO much, it’s been hard.

January 24, 2018 at 4:08 am

Kristen

January 22, 2018 at 7:26 pm

I feel like I’m about to be broken up with and I could use some advice. We’ve been dating for a few months. I thought it was going really well. We have mutual friends and I have met a few of his friends. But in this past week, he has gotten really distant. He cancelled and rescheduled on our plans twice which was fine. I think he just wanted a “man cave” weekend. But then this past Saturday night, the second time he cancelled on me, he asked me if I was free today (Monday). I said I wasn’t because I’m working late and I suggested we meet tomorrow. He never texted me back. This has never happened before when I’ve asked a question in text. I don’t understand why he never responded. We haven’t talked since and its been a day and a half. I’m so upset at the sudden change. We were so happy together last weekend. I’m worried he might be pulling away. What do I do? Do I reach out? Or do I wait for him to contact me? What do I do if he doesn’t talk to me in the next few days? I feel like I’m in limbo.

January 24, 2018 at 3:40 am

Hi Kristen,

How long were you dating? And by dating, you mean you’re not officially right? If yes, do you sleep with him?

Marie

January 21, 2018 at 10:57 pm

3 weeks ago, my boyfriend and I broke up for 2 reasons: his parents wouldn’t allow him to see me (even though he’s 18) and because they convinced him that we were too different (I was too reckless and a bad influence on him). However, he disagreed with them and fought with them, but they still refused. Initially he said he still wanted to get married and have a family in the future, but he just didn’t know how to get that because of his parents. Now, he’s not sure anymore and doesn’t know what to do. Also, he wants to remain good friends, but only if I know that we probably can’t get back together, because he doesn’t want to get my hopes up and leave me hurt in the end. However, I will always have hope for us and want to get back together.

What should I do—about both him and his parents? Is there a chance for us? Also, I was wondering, do you believe in “distance makes the heart grow fonder” or “out of sight, out of mind?” It just hurts because he says our separation is starting to make his feelings already slowly go away, when mine are just growing stronger. Many people told me that initially after a break up, guys feel things less and bury their feelings, while girls are the opposite. Is this true?

January 22, 2018 at 4:53 am

Hi Marie,

Check the link below and both of those sayings can be true, depending on the circumstance..and about guys feelings, it also depends.. There’s no one formula or rule for every person..

Claire

January 21, 2018 at 9:53 pm

I was wondering how to get my boyfriend back if we broke up as a combination of 2 factors: his parents don’t allow him to see me and they convinced him that we are incompatible due to too many differences (ex. I’m too reckless, chaotic). He used to not think that but as a result of too much fighting, he now does. He still wants to be good friends, however he doesn’t want me to think that we could ever date again, as he doesn’t think so. However, we used to plan our marriage, family, etc. Initially when we broke up, he said he still wanted these things but couldn’t because of his parents. Now, he says he’s not so sure. If his parents allowed us to see each other, he said he would give us another chance in spite of our personality differences…

How do I get him back considering this complicated circumstance? Is there something I can do to win over his mom and prove to them both that I’m not too reckless? And is it bad that he told my friend that he’s already starting to get over me due to the “out of sight out of mind principle,” even if it’s only been 3 weeks? Thank you.

January 22, 2018 at 4:33 am

Maya

January 21, 2018 at 9:35 pm

How do I get an LDR ex to miss me after a fight regarding a lack of communication if I gnatted him a few times after the fight and he just says he wants to left alone? It was a 5 month relationship and I’m on day 12 of NC. Also, should I do 30 or 45 days NC?

January 22, 2018 at 4:28 am

Hi Maya

Check this one:
      My Ex Boyfriend Thinks I’m Annoying

Maya

January 21, 2018 at 9:20 pm

How do I get an LDR ex back after a fight regarding a lack of communication if I gnatted him a few times after the fight and he just says he wants to left alone? It was a 5 month relationship and I’m on day 12 of NC. Should I do 30 or 45 days?

January 22, 2018 at 4:28 am

Hi Maya

Check this one:
      My Ex Boyfriend Thinks I’m Annoying

Chrissy

January 21, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Hello EBR Team,I have some question for you.Hope you will help me 🙂

I miss my ex boyfriend but he misses someone else right now.
    I think he doesen`t even care about me.So what should I do in this situation when he has someone else on his mind?

January 22, 2018 at 4:05 am

Hi Chrissy,

When did you broke up? Have you done nc? If yes, how active were you in improving yourself and posting from then til now?

Marie

January 20, 2018 at 10:12 pm

Hi 🙂

I recently went to the “contact” page and left a message, but I’m note sure if it went through. Are responses to those messages sent to the email we listed? Thanks!

January 21, 2018 at 10:57 am

Hi Marie,
      I don’t see your email in any other post than this..
      Do you have any qurstions that I can answer here?

Sylvia

January 20, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Hey Rachel,
    he and i were only together for a month. Broke up Jan2017. We live in different countries at the moment. We were on good talking terms and flirty for a few months after the breakup.

He’s now been dating someone since last year in May. He said she’s obsessed with him, tracks everything he does online and his phone. She overshares the relationship online WAY more than he posts. It seems more like insecurity and a need to show that “he’s hers” and for validation. He doesnt look happy in pics with her, doesnt lean in to her sometimes even pissed off or upset, but she looks too happy.

He and I havent communicated in 2 months. Last time we did he said “he cant msg me much because his gf doesnt like when he chats with other girls.” He still likes stuff I post online. I think he still has feelings for me but is hiding them because of his gf, i think he is with her because shes there, only because shes convenient and available. I dont think hes in love with her truly.

I never chased or text gnatted him.
    I havent contacted or reached out to him in 2 months. Same from him. Would doing a further No Contact period be effective in this case?
    I guess the only thing I havent done during the period is posting on my social media, but Ive never really been a heavy user of social media.

Also, he has no negativity towards me personally. It was the distance thats the issue.

I really want to give us another shot, Be it now, or in the future. What would be the best strategy to inplement in my situation?
    -Long distance
    -Broken up over a year
    -Had positive contact for months
    -Has a gf For 8 months: obsessive, dramatic
    -No contact at all for past 2 months
    – a few weeks before we stopped contact he told me and mentioned this also to one of his friends that he was feeling nostalgic about the time he spent with me

January 21, 2018 at 6:35 am

Carolyn

January 20, 2018 at 4:24 pm

I have a problem with my ex, cause I don’t understand his actions. 3 months ago I refused to go on a weekend with him (it was a casual fight about something unimportant that led me to cancell our plans). He was hurt, we were fighting for a few days and we broke up. He blocked me on social media, I didn’t react and after a month he unblocked me and started contacting me. He wasn’t straightforward about his motives, just testing the waters and trying to put all the blame on me or acting jealous asking me about other guys. I tried not to fight back, I was answearing him but rather in a neutral and aloof manner. But now he tells me I am still important to him, he is not begging me but letting me know that he is open to try once again. I didn’t give him any answear because here is a tricky part. I checked his social media and he is flirting with some random girls or he is listening to songs that are realeted to his previous ex. So i don’t know what to think. Is he playing me? Or is he true? I’m totally confused.

January 21, 2018 at 6:52 am

Hi Carolyn,

It looks like he’s playing safe.. You handled the past months well but if he’s really serious, he has to make more effort..

Sylvia

January 20, 2018 at 11:10 am

I left a post on here but i cant find it! Hope it hasnt been deleted.

Sylvia

January 20, 2018 at 11:01 am

Hey Rachel,

I never chased or text gnatted him.

-Long distance
    -Broken up over a year
    -Had positive contact for months
    -Has a gf For 8 months: obsessive, dramatic
    -No contact at all for past 2 months

Hannah

January 20, 2018 at 10:22 am

Hi, so my ex of 2 and a half years broke up with me 3 months ago. I went into NC and he reached out to me telling me he missed me. He said we might be able to get back together but told me he didn’t love me. We started talking for a few weeks and last night he invited me over. I know I shouldn’t have but I slept with him. I told him I loved him and he couldn’t say it back. He said he didn’t know what he wanted with anything and that he’s no good for anyone and that he needs to sort himself out (he’s quite depressed) he was really nice and told me how proud of me he was and that I deserve better. We both decided to give each other some space. I don’t know what to do now, have I blown my chance?

January 21, 2018 at 6:17 am

Candice

January 20, 2018 at 1:53 am

Hey. So as you said we broke up because he simply wasn’t attracted to me before. I know how he behaves when he’s attracted to someone and I’ve experienced that at the beginning of our relationship. I’ve made the grave mistake of possibly letting myself go and jot having my own life. As a result he left me for another girl and my fear is that as the days go by he’s becoming more taken with her. By the way he cheated on me with her. After we broke up I begged and cried and showed up by his house but he keeps asking me to leave. He doesn’t want me there because he wants to show everyone that he’s made space for his new girl. To be honest I just want him crawling back. I am on 10 days no contact of a total of 45 days. I do feel like it will take more than 45 days to get him back. By that time also he’ll be very invested in this new girl. I’m considering hiring a photographer to take some pictures of me to go on my Facebook. Besides that and working and a new dance class and gym, what can I do to ensure he feels strangely about leaving me…?

January 21, 2018 at 5:12 am

Hi Candice,

Keep in mind that the nc process is not just during nc.. It’s just the to help you start a new routine.. You have to maintain that routine after nc while slowly building rapport whether you get hin back or not..