4,208 thoughts on “The Male Mind During The No Contact Rule”

Jess

November 6, 2013 at 11:09 pm

What do you do when your ex of a year breaks up with you when your relationship was going really well it’s been 2 weeks now and he’s not contacted me once, I’ve text a few times but to be ignored so I’ve ‘given up’ hoping he’ll see things on his own

November 7, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Well finish out the NC rule and then text him.

Ewelina

November 6, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I just wanted to say I LOVE this article!!!!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!

November 7, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Well thank you!

But please it’s a “guide” not an article hahahaha 😉

Anonymous

November 6, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Chris,

My ex was mid-caller. He called about two weeks into my no contact and left a voicemail saying he was checking in and that I could call back or he would try me again. Now I’m almost finished with no contact (tomorrow) and he hasn’t tried again. Will a mid-caller make another effort? Based on his message I feel like he should try again.

Thanks.

Anonymous

November 22, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Thanks Chris. I really enjoy all of your guides. How long should a mini NC period be? Thanks.

2. admin

November 23, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Lets say between 8-15 days.

Anonymous

December 2, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Thanks Chris – I went back into the mini-no contact period and my ex started chasing me again – he even wished me happy thanksgiving a day early to start conversation. I’m not sure I want my ex back anymore but I really enjoy reading your guides and I have recommended them to several friends who could use the advice!

4. admin

November 7, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Yes and no. It all depends on the the actual guy.

Anonymous

November 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm

So after 32 days of no contact I saw a picture of my ex with someone else and ended up sending him a sarcastic text message. My ex ended up responding positively – he said they were not a couple and asked me a million questions about how I was. He also mentioned the phone call that I never responded to. I just said I was doing great and hoped he was too. When would it be appropriate to reach out again or should I wait for him to contact me? Thanks.

6. admin

November 11, 2013 at 7:01 pm

2-3 days you can reach out.

Anonymous

November 11, 2013 at 8:42 pm

My ex reached out today but it was a statement and not a question. He asked me if he should do something yesterday and now he texted to tell me he did it. Should I be responding to things like that?

8. admin

November 12, 2013 at 6:35 pm

If you are in NC then no. If you aren’t then yes.

Anonymous

November 13, 2013 at 7:05 pm

No contact completed. Sent the confession text yesterday and went well. Then today I get a text from my ex saying he was not ready to accept my facebook friend request yet but he will accept it at some point because he wants us to be friendly. I went on facebook and there was a request pending but I didn’t send it so I’m not sure how it happened. Should I go back into no contact? I don’t want to be friends and it seems like that is what he is thinking based on his text.

10. admin

November 14, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I am confused. You don’t want to be friends on Facebook?

anonymous

November 22, 2013 at 12:20 am

I completed over 30 days of no contact and then gradually reached out to my ex and we have been getting along for the most part. He has admitted he still has feelings for me although he still thinks that our long term potential might not be good as a couple and that he is confused. He also said he is interested in getting to know this other girl who is a friend of his better which obviously upsets me and then I end up getting emotional and acting stupidly like becoming a text gnat. Should I go back into no contact until I can be less emotional? Or maybe not reach out and only accept contact from him for a while? I read the ebook but I’m really not sure what the best strategy is.

12. admin

November 22, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Yes I think thats best. Do a mini NC period until you can get your bearings back a bit.

confused

November 6, 2013 at 9:41 am

HELP ME PLEASE IM REALLY CONFUSED!!
    I just dont understand my ex. first he is like avioding me when he is the one who broke up with me and he said we could stay as friends who arent close. he also said i cant talk to him because he’ll ignore me or block me but when his friend told him to talk to me and ask me not to do silly things to myself, he did talk to me and our conversation lasted for 3 hours because i tried asking for another chance and we were somehow discussing why we never worked out. now i am not talking to him anymore. does he still care? he said he got over me so quickly because there was more unhappiness during our relationship than happiness which is not true because im sure we had more happy memories. what do i do now D;

November 6, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Well NC is usually a good start.

Ada

November 7, 2013 at 2:28 am

NC doesn’t work for him, he has a new girlfriend to talk to 🙁

3. admin

November 7, 2013 at 5:54 pm

How do you know it won’t work though?

Ada

November 8, 2013 at 12:59 am

He told me not to talk to him so it’s normal if I do not talk to him for 30 days right?

5. admin

November 8, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Tough question b/c he says that but I think deep down he doesn’t expect you to actually take him up on the offer.

Ada

November 11, 2013 at 1:55 am

hmm ok. recently he has been talking more often with his girlfriend and it really bothers me because i’m afraid they’ll get closer and stuff :/

7. admin

November 11, 2013 at 6:13 pm

If only you could mind control him to not to… since you can’t this is just something you are going to have to endure.

Liz

November 6, 2013 at 7:32 am

Really good article. My ex i think falls under the stubborn category. After almost 9 months of solid no contact my ex texted me today asking how I was and said he had seen me recently somewhere. I havent responded and don’t think I should. Would like to know what you think and if I should reply?

November 6, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Please “guide”

hahaha only once you finish NC.

Liz

November 6, 2013 at 10:55 pm

…dont understand what you meant?

3. admin

November 7, 2013 at 5:41 pm

What specifically do you not understand?

Cathy

November 6, 2013 at 12:43 am

Hi Chris:
    I am grateful for this site, particularly because it’s not a one size fits on. Your site is dynamic and you write about things we ask you to. So thank you for all the time you invest in researching, drafting, editing and posting.

Now my guy was a frantic caller turned ignored. Text gnat the whole nine till he finally said “so your gonna ignore me?” then half hour later said “ok”. He can be revengeful I asked him about that but he said he was not like that in relationships. I was the one that broke it off. It is day 15 and there is a good chance he deleted my number. How do you think he will react since I broke it off?

November 6, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Anything in particular you want me to write about?

Probably not well but I think deep down he does want to hear from you.

Rebekah

November 6, 2013 at 12:09 am

Does no contact work if you are exes with someone over a year but stayed friends with benefits and now you want a relationship- he only talks to me on weekends if he wants to use me for sex but I want a relationship again.

Rebekah

November 7, 2013 at 2:33 am

When do I tell him this? Should I do nc first and then confront him about it Oslo he can see what it’s like without me or should I tell him next time he tries to hook up

2. admin

November 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm

NC first and then confront him calmly hahaha.

3. admin

November 6, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Well, you have to stop sleeping with him and make it clear that the only time you will do that is if you get in a relationship

So confused

November 6, 2013 at 12:03 am

I’ve talked to you about my ex before, we caught up over coffee two months ago and he wanted to do it again but then he blew me off! Without even a text to say he couldn’t make it. He was also acting really negative the two weeks leading upto that. You told me to go ahead with NC because clearly he was having issues with me but not mentioning it.

It’s been two weeks of NC now, I bumped into him that the gym the other day and waved to be polite. He waved back and said hi but I didnt want to initiate any sort of conversation with him.

I feel like he’s playing mind games with me because he went on instagram and started liking alllll my friends photos and none of mine. And he sends me snapchat every few days but he hasn’t initiated any sort of conversation with me. Is he trying to get a rise out of me?

I’m honestly so confused by his behaviour.

November 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Definitely trying to and definitely succeeding hahahaha.

So Confused

November 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Hahaha I guess he really is since it bothers me so much. Should I just stick to NC till he contacts me?

Also, is it possible he just playing mind games with me because he doesn’t care for me anymore?

3. admin

November 7, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Yup pretty much! Stick to NC.

So confused

November 7, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Will do Chris!

He also invited me to his 21st birthday a few months ago and the party is coming up on the 22nd of November. Should I still go? Alot of my mutual friends will be there.

I think for one of your next guides, you should be about the reasons behind exes playing mind games and what their intentions are. I remember you saying you’ve had your fair share of moments in the past loll

5. admin

November 8, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Hmmm… yes I think you should.

So confused

November 12, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Hi again Chris!

I happened to bump into my ex at the gym yesterday and it’s been 3 weeks since I started my second round of NC. He actually came upto me, asked me if I was going to go to his birthday and even said he wanted me there!

THEN when I got home, he sent a very flirty text about him checking me out at the gym. After 3 weeks of no contact, and he texts me something like that? What is he trying to do?

7. admin

November 13, 2013 at 6:43 pm

He probably thought you looked really good.

So confused

November 17, 2013 at 7:55 am

My ex boyfriend texted me Friday night, a random message about not having changed my contact name on his phone. I replied to his text but didn’t initiate conversation with him because I am busy with final exams right now.

He replied to my text a day later and also asked if I wanted to hang out after my exams finished. Now i’m not so sure if this is a good thing because the last time we were supposed to meet up, he blew me off. I dont want to fall into the same trap again.

So confused

November 18, 2013 at 12:26 pm

We went on a date a couple of months ago and that went really good 🙂 He asked me out again after that.

But soon after that, he went cold and started giving me negative responses before blowing me off for our second catch up date.

Now he’s starting to act interested again after NC for the second round, is he just playing games with me? Like once he realises im not talking to him, that’s when he wants to hang out with me.

10. admin

November 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Maybe he likes your company and misses it.

11. admin

November 17, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Cathy

November 5, 2013 at 10:00 pm

My situation may be a new one for you – what do you call this guy? Maybe an addition to your list of “types”?

The guy I was dating for 7 months recently went AWOL on me. There was no argument or anything – the last time I saw him things were perfectly normal, you know, the old “see ya later”, kind of thing. The first 2-3 days went by and I didn’t worry too much – we’re both single parents and simply don’t have the time to be in constant contact. On day 3 I sent him a “hey, how are you?” text, which he promptly ignored. Day 4 came and went, as did day 5, 6, 7 and so on. Somewhere in this period I sent a second text, again nothing weird, just asking him about something we had discussed possibly doing together over Christmas. No response.

Needless to say my fears are growing with each passing day. I tried to push away the thoughts of him wining and dining some hot babe and focused on staying cool, calm, and collected – no news is good news, right? But on day 10, I decided to call him. He sent me to voicemail. I called back and he answered, but brushed me off with the old “I’ve been busy” excuse. The call lasted maybe 2 minutes. No apologies, no explanation, just a massive brush off.

Admittedly, I sent him a snarky text after that because I was pissed and, in my mind, rightly so. Naturally, he ignored it. Day 12 rolls around and by now I am part livid, part hurt, part confused. I texted him several times that evening, then called multiple times too. He never responded or answered the phone. I didn’t leave any voicemail messages, but my texts were slightly desperate, begging him to let me know what was going on, put me out of my misery, don’t leave me hanging, etc, etc. The next day he texts me that my communication style was “simply not acceptable” and he didn’t want to spend his off-time with someone like me! Yikes! So, to summarize: he ignores me for 12 days, then gets pissed because I started demanding to know what was going on and dumping me because of it. I texted him back, asking if this was something we could discuss, and …. cue crickets 🙁

Needless to say, I am waving the white flag of surrender. Glorious defeat is mine. Apparently, he was running NC on me and I didn’t even know about it. Which is not to say I’m clueless, I just didn’t realize anything was wrong. But … having come very close to being a “gnat” I have finally thrown in the towel and am several days in to NC.

My comment here is this – the early days of NC are the toughest. I have circled a date on my calendar, 30 days from when he last ignored me, and I will absolutely NOT break NC before that time comes around. However, my feeling is that by day 30 I’m probably not going to be super interested in contacting him again anyway. Why would I want to pursue this spineless creature who treated me so poorly for no apparent reason? After 7 months, a person deserve to be sent packing IN PERSON, especially as we’re grown ups in our 40s.

So do you get feedback from women who, after 30 days, decide to cut these maggots loose? I would be willing to bet a lot of women have “moved on” by then and couldn’t care less any more…

Sincerely yours, Dumped

November 6, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I think you hit it on the head with him running NC on you! hahaha.

Most women still want their exes back desperately after the 30 days

Stuck in a cycle

November 5, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Hey Chris,

I posted a couple weeks back and am back again. So a lot has unfolded recently and I don’t really know what to make of it. If you recall, my ex and I had been back and forth for nearly a year now going through these cycles of doing well but then I’d lose patience and question him as to where we were going. He had seen someone in the summer time and that didn’t end well for him and more recently, I found out that he had lied to me about taking another girl out.

SO, after I found out he lied to me, I stopped talking to him immediately and went about a week not talking to him at all. He called me about a week ago telling me that he’s going out with the girl he lied to me about (his friend described her as ‘ugly’ and his best friend said that he’s not ready for a relationship, even if he doesn’t know it. So I asked my ex if he was serious about this girl and he answered with “How serious can I be with her if I’m still talking to you”. He told me that was was scared of getting back together and he knew that I was different from before and knew what I did wrong while I was in the relationship. I told him that I thought he was making a mistake and asked him to reconsider before it was too late. I told him that what we could have is likely better than what he would have with her and he said I was being cocky (in a playful way, I think at least). I told him that I couldn’t just sit and watch him date someone else so I said goodbye to him, haven’t talked to him since, and unfriended him on Facebook. He also told me that he applied to policing in a different place and I asked him what he would do with this girl and he told me that he’s ready to just leave her because their relationship is so fresh.

After this conversation, his friend told me that my ex still cared about me and that I shouldn’t view it as he chose her over me but that he wasn’t ready to get back together with me and she was all that he had. His friends don’t seem to take this girl very seriously as the friend that did meet her told me that he had to get really drunk to be able to stand her and her friends.

What does this all mean Chris? Is it really over between me and him? Do you think it is likely that their relationship will last?

He has already seen someone else and still (kind of) came back to me. Is it truly an NC problem that he has to realize that nothing else will come close? I was doing well on NC until he called last week to tell me all that. Is there hope for me to get what I want?

Sigh, thanks so much for all your replies Chris. They’ve been really helpful throughout this time.

November 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm

It isn’t likely their relationship will last. the question is how long will it last?

If you remained disciplined there is hope but also be smart about things. Don’t just sit and wait around for him.

Stuck in a cycle

November 6, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Hey Chris!

I have been trying to focus on other things such as work and meeting new people.

Is my situation really grave? And I might be jumping ahead but I don’t know what I’d do after 30 days of NC. Whether to initiate contact or not, especially if he’s still with this other girl. I’m also definitely a lot more weary about talking to his friends now and will definitely put on a happy, carefree face in front of them.

Thanks again!

3. admin

November 7, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I would say initiate the contact yourself.

Stuck in a cycle

November 8, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Hey Chris,

My ex messaged me today saying that he was sorry how he treated me for the last couple of months and acknowledged that it was unfair to me when I was just trying to be nice to him.

He said that he knows that I don’t want to talk to him and said it’s been hard recently because I am a big part of his life. He said he wouldn’t bother me anymore and to take care.

What does this mean Chris? I didn’t message him back because I’m only a week into NC since he called me last week. Is this good for what I want or is he ready to just let me go and chalk it up to I left?

To be honest Chris, without your replies and website I would be so lost. I am so thankful that I stumbled onto this site. You are really helping a lot of us get through some confusing and tough times.

5. admin

November 8, 2013 at 7:29 pm

He wants to talk to you that much is clear.

However, I think you should make him sweat a little bit.

Stuck in a cycle

November 8, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Hey Chris,

Does it seem more like he just wants me in his life as a friend and that’s why he’s just saying all this? Is there hope for us getting a shot?

And what about this other girl? I plan on continuing with NC, that’s the right thing to do right?

7. admin

November 10, 2013 at 12:13 am

Yes just continue on NC and let things devolp on their own. The more you force things the worse you will do.

Stuck in a cycle

November 7, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Does it seem like he really check out of this a long time ago and I just don’t see it?

9. admin

November 7, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Trust your gut on this.

Lisa

November 5, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Just thanks. I asked you about this in a recent post and you said you would be addressing it. Wow! You’ve given me more insight into what he may be thinking. Having a mans honest perspective on how NC is received makes actually doing it a little easier. Even if it doesn’t work out for me I’ve learned something valuable from your writing. Thanks again.

November 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Well YOU are the reason I wrote it. I am always looking for more ideas.

Jen

November 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Can an angry/stubborn guy start missing you within 30 days though – that is the key question!

November 6, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I think they can.. but they won’t make it known to the world.

Bethy

November 5, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Additional comments I want to ask you here is:
    Getting Ex is full of tricks, strategies and mind games.
    I used your precious methods to him for first time.
    But he’s so keen on those relationship and mind-game experiences.
    So “What after next” will be automatically printed in his mind this time.
    That’s what I worry, Chris 🙂

November 5, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Your worried about him seeing through what you are doing?

Bethy

November 6, 2013 at 6:10 am

I’m spending my time on work happily, work out, fun with friends, explore trips, attending social affairs, and post on FB only happy moments.

I wrote 2 paragraphs in comment box. But the comment above additional one seems disappeared.

(It’s our second break-up, second NC.
      He was an angry guy in first break-up. But I followed your rules and text methods, I succeeded and we reconcile again (in Short Timeline).
      1.5 months later, we had to face lot of negative effects for short timeline. Then broke up again.

Now on NC (2 weeks already). He is not angry this time. But he’s naturally kind of stubborn and selfish one. I believe he won’t initiate from his side during or after NC. I’m also the one who don’t want to start from my side.

The thing I worry is:
      He’s so keen on relationship matters and mind games.
      Tactics were used in first time, and he’ll notice “What after next”.

3. admin

November 6, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Wow! Thats amazing good job there during NC.

Well did you use all the tactics the first time around?

Bethy

November 6, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Ofcoz I did all of tactics of yours +(plus) my own psychologic tricks 😉 Thanks in advance with all my heart for that, Chris.
      So what about your opinion for this second time? Can it work this time? How to handle? Any advices, please Chris.

5. admin

November 7, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Oh what are your psychological tricks?

I think it can but it may not work as well as the first time.

Bethy

November 8, 2013 at 8:18 am

Yep that’s why I ask you.
      So what should I do Chris?
      How can I deal with this second time?
      Help !!

7. admin

November 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Be more specific. What would you like my help on specifically.

May

November 5, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Do men tend to speak to female friends a lot during this time to try divert their thoughts and feelings from you ?
    Like I’m guilty of looking at his fb and some girl just comments on all his photos and stuff all the time – i deleted me fb now
    He previous mentioned how this girl wants to get back with her ex anyway and she’s nothing but a nice acquaintance (type of meaningless friends everyone has nowadays) who cares only about beauty and boys
    Is he just using her for company and chats because he has no solid friendships or security with other people ?

November 5, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I think some of them do!

I know I certainly would.

Jane

November 5, 2013 at 8:32 am

Hi Chris, I really love and appreciate your work. You have really opened my eyes on handling men. Thing is after my breakup I did the NC and after 32 days I called my ex and he was still SO angry at me. You advised me to on NC again which I am currently doing. Its been 20days now in NC. He has never and not yet called me ever since we broke up. He is a combination of both stubborn and angry guy. Now Chris I am willing to go till 30days but still wondering whether he will come back and call me or whether he has moved on for real. He has been seeing this new girl for around 7weeks now. Help me out Chris

November 5, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Sorry about him seeing the other girl I know that must hurt.

Let me ask you a question. Does he have any reason to be angry at you?

jane

November 11, 2013 at 9:54 am

Yea, it really hurts knowing he is loving her more every day. Ever since we broke up he just got angry and wouldn’t tell me whatever it is that I did wrong, even after begging him to tell me and apologizing for whatever it is that I did. Before I went on NC I had reached out to two of his close friends to see if they could talk to him on my behalf, and the two guys ended up telling him that I had sent them. This really angered him, because when I texted him after my NC he was VERY ANGRY and kept repeating that I should NEVER contact him nor his friends. Chris I think he is angry coz; (1)I turned to his friends for help and (2)still angry at me for something that I do not know of up to today. Chris it got to a point where I didn’t care anymore whether he would take me back, (I had decided to just let him be) I was mostly concerned with why he hates me.

I asked his older brother to try find out why my ex hates me with such immense passion, and whenever he raised any topic to him concerning me, my ex would get really agitated and affirm that he would never ever take me back, change the subject, call up his new chick on the phone and simply walk out. Its that bad Chris. Chris there is nothing as painful as knowing that there is someone who hates you with such passion. I think I am like an acid in his stomach/life. Whenever he hears my name it pains him a lot. The great love he once felt for me has turned into deep hatred. He even threatened to have me lose my job since he is the one that got me my current job. Chris this is how bad he hates me. I am now at a dead end. Please tell me, what should I do, should I still keep hope alive, should I just forget about him, should I aim to know why he hates me this much? Personally I do not hate him for hating me.

3. admin

November 11, 2013 at 6:38 pm

What do you want? What is it you want in you heart to happen?

Jane

November 12, 2013 at 10:16 am

I honestly want for us to get back together, but am still unsure about whether he will come back. Chris we’ve been apart officially for 10months, but we stayed friends until 2months ago when he went all hateful on me. Can such a long breakup as ours revive, bearing in mind that he is so in to this other girl, and what possibly can make him stop hating me and love me again? Personally am scared of texting him once am through with my NC, am afraid he’ll lash out at me again. Despite my fear of rejection and disappointment,I still want him back.

5. admin

November 12, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Well, there comes a time where you have to take a chance after NC!

Stephanie

November 5, 2013 at 6:25 am

I use the no contact period to observe their reactions. It helps put the break up into perspective, but I also use the time to evaluate the value of the relationship to me. Typically after a few weeks I get a clear feeling if I want him back in the first place. After not talking to an ex for a couple of weeks I either spent the time restraining myself from talking to him. Or I dreaded hearing from him. I think the women who don’t make it the 30 days short themselves.

Also, post break up I tend to go dark on all my social media. That way I don’t have to make any real decisions for a few weeks. To delete them or not? To respond to their message? The temptation of snooping to see if they miss me or not. Way too much information on social media to blur the bigger picture.

November 5, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Check this girl out!

You are like a pro 🙂

anon

November 5, 2013 at 2:33 am

i dont think my ex is one of them. he has a new girlfriend a few days after i started the nc so i think it doesnt bother him whether i talk to him or not 🙁 what do i do now??

November 5, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I think that you need to look at your situation and think if your heart is really in this. I will tell you that odds are they will break up in the future.

anon

November 6, 2013 at 4:58 am

most of his close friends told me that he isn’t really that happy being with her and since they knew each other for only a few weeks, they’ll break up sooner or later. they also said he only likes her but she loves him already. any hope?
      ps she has 5 exes at such a young age ._.

3. admin

November 6, 2013 at 5:29 pm

The definition of a rebound!

Anon

November 7, 2013 at 2:31 am

I hope they are really in a rebound (omg im so evil)
      But my ex is like the fighter type, he won’t let someone go so easily, he’ll fight for her till there’s really no hope. How long do you think they’ll last? I heard that his new girlfriend got grounded for failing her test so I guess they aren’t meeting up often? Nowadays he is playing his video games so I guess they don’t talk as much as we did before. Good sign?

5. admin

November 7, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Whats evil about wishing that?

Have you read the rebound guide?

Anon

November 8, 2013 at 12:56 am

yes. I’ve read almost all of your guides that are useful in my situation

7. admin

November 8, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Oh, don’t be afraid to read the ones that aren’t there are good insights in there as well.

Lovechips

November 5, 2013 at 12:54 am

Omg! Christmas came early for me. This site is heaven sent!!! Ok, so here’s my story..yikes! So I think my ex is the angry guy…Namaste! :-p When we were together, I could tell he was not over his ex, so one day we had a heated argument and I saw it as my chance to escape potential heartbreak, as I was starting to catch feelings for the guy. Anyways, I scurried out of his house after our argument and haven’t been back since. He tried to win me back at the time, but I knew he wasn’t ready, so I kind of ignored him. Nonetheless, we have been communicating once in a while with the majority of the communication being initiated by him. Anyways, recently I noticed that he began communicating much more frequently. His sister past away a month ago and he sent me a long text in the middle of the night informing me of the news. In turn I contacted him and tried my best to comfort him. Anywho, he came over about a week ago, and he could not keep his hands off of me and kept telling me how much he missed me and how his life hasn’t been the same without me.. nice! Anywho, we kissed and he was extremely turned on, but I just didn’t feel like it was right at the time, since it had been about 5 months since we had physically seen each other, and I wanted to take things slowly. He asked if I was seeing anyone, and I told him I wasn’t..which was the truth. So he felt he had to leave because he couldn’t resist me, and was practically ready to jump my bones. Side note: I had lost 20lbs since the last time we saw each other, so I was looking really good. (pats back) Anyways, so he left..blue balls and all… Ok, so here goes the reason that led me to this site.. He texts me the next day and completely goes bipolar on me and says “I’ve thought about everything and let’s just be friends”.. I responded, “I completely agree, because I’ve been feeling like that for a while now, take care”.. he responds “Well, I have a girlfriend that I’m in love with ever since you left me, and honestly coming to see you was just because of temptation” So I responded “I never left you, you weren’t ready to be in a relationship with me” he responded..”Whatever! You left me!! Let’s just stop all this. I am deleting your number now goodbye.” Yup, that was 2 weeks ago.. I didn’t respond to him after he said he was deleting my number (my pride wouldn’t let me)..and I proceeded to delete his number too. The truth is… I miss the guy.. we have awesome chemistry within and beyond the bedroom. It’s one of those rare connections where we feel connected even in silence. Anyways, help me out Chris..is their hope for me and this guy or should I pack it up, take the lesson and have a patron shot?… Is he trying to make me jealous? If I was “in love” with someone I could care less about my exes, let alone inform them of important things in my life, such as family deaths..doesn’t that apply to men too? …so much time has gone by, but he is clearly still angry with me for leaving, even though their wasn’t an inkling of anger displayed when we recently spent time together. I’m going to stay positive and go NC, and enjoy my life while I’m at it. If he doesn’t come back for me in a month..well, I’m forging ahead. Life’s too short. Anyways, your website is flipping awesome..thanks for helping in the healing process of our broken-hearts.

November 5, 2013 at 5:45 pm

It sounds like there is hope definitely!

The fact that he tried to win you back at one point is an amazing indication that he has feelings for you.

Lovechips

November 5, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Thanks for responding Chris. Love is imperfect, but it’s much sweeter when both parties are working towards growth and staying together. Theirs plenty of love in this world, so if he doesn’t return soon, then love will find me elsewhere. Nonetheless, I will keep hope alive and update you on Nov. 30. NC began on Nov. 1. Again, thanks for responding. Very sweet of you. 🙂

3. admin

November 6, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Of course!

Lovechips

November 7, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Hi Chris! It’s Lovechips again… So I’m on Day 7 of NC, and lo and behold guess who I bumped into at the grocery store?…my ex’s brother!! Urgh! I had put away all reminders of my ex ever since I began NC, so seeing his brother was not part of the plan..sigh..anyways, my ex’s family liked me so he was happy to see me, but here goes the juicy part… His brother was asking me about where I had disappeared to because my ex kept randomly mentioning me during their conversations. Moreover, he tells me that my ex is going through tough times financially. This was all news to me, because my ex has never mentioned any of that to me..yikes! Anywho, it got me thinking about his attitude towards me when he recently went bipolar on me… Is he pushing me away because of his financial situation? My question to you Chris is….what is the mindset of a man in relation to his finances and being ready for a relationship? This is new to me because I’m normally the type to just move on when a relationship hits the snooze button, but with him it’s different.. I fully intend on starting to dating after the end of NC. I should have a date scheduled for December 1, right? Haha! Anyways, your help is and will be greatly appreciated.

5. admin

November 8, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Just only go on a date if you are feeling it.

Lovechips

November 8, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Thanks Chris… You are right. Who am I kidding? I’m not ready to date. My perspective on NC is changing as the days go by. NC is not about him. It’s all about ME. It doesn’t matter what’s going on in his life. That’s his life..and he’s a man, so he’ll figure it out on his own. I have to look at this as a long-term investment for myself, not him. When he comes back..and he will come back! (He knows what’s good for him..Ha!) I want him to be ready, so I don’t have to find myself in this predicament again.. (even if I do find myself here again at least I have knowledge now, courtesy of Chris.. Ha! 🙂 … Chris, the next time I update you, it will be about him contacting ME. Thanks again.

7. admin

November 9, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Hahaha you want to know something.

You are awesome. That is all I have to say.

Lovechips

November 15, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Thanks Chris! You are Awesome too. 🙂 You have helped me see the light!!! So here’s the update, as promised… my EX called last night and left a message stating that we need to talk. When I saw his number on my caller ID I literally just stared at my phone and watched it ring, but something was different. I wasn’t as excited as I thought I would be. During this NC period I have done a lot of thinking…I mean a whole lot of thinking. Chris, I had an epiphany! I had been so caught up in ‘chemistry’ and ‘connection’, that I blinded myself to who my ex really is as a person, and what I can and cannot deal with now and in the future. Anyways, hormones aside, I thought about how I felt when I was around him, his good and bad habits..etc..I realized that my ex never took responsibility for anything..zip..nada…nothing..It was always someone else’s fault (including his exes). I tried to play him at his own game, but he would completely flip out at the sight of any form of criticism. Moreover, he was moody 90% of the time, and with my bubbly personality I found it emotionally draining being around him. He has his good qualities too, but I realized that they only showed up when he needed something. In summary, it was always about him…not a good recipe for a relationship..yikes! Chris, forever is a loooonnng time, and I thought about he and I in the near future and came to the conclusion that I do not want him back. Yes Chris, you read that right! I’m closing his chapter in my life and forging ahead. I’m sure he will continue trying to contact me, but nope! I’m moving on. I’m going to continue with NC, and take sometime to work on myself before diving back into the dating pool. Thank you Chris…you have saved me from further heartbreak. I enjoyed your articles, style of writing and sense of humor. I will be back to check out your site for new material. Knowledge is Power!!! Haha! 🙂

9. admin

November 16, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Hey good for you. I just want everyone to be happy and as lon gas you are I feel I am doing good.

Ella

November 5, 2013 at 12:17 am

Can the angry guy ever start missing you on his own? Or will he be drown in anger and will need initiation from my part (after NC period of course) for him to maybe think of the good times we used to have? I am contemplating to actually go 2 months without contact because: 1. I don’t think I will be strong enough yet and 2. for the anger to dissipate, but will it?

November 5, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Absolutely he can! He can start missing you.

anonymous

November 4, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Don’t you think that NC rule can also make an ex and you grow apart especially if it’s long distance relationship? I mean if it didn’t work out because of the distance but say it was only for a definite period like for a few months … well surely having NC all that time either or both would most likely move on :/

November 5, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Its possible but hopefully your connection was strong enough for that not to happen.

1 84 85 86 87