I have been doing this for a good four years now and there is one question that I get that always kind of irks me.
It’s not that it’s necessarily a bad question or even that it’s the most common situation people find themselves in. However, no matter what this one question seems to get asked on a daily basis.
So, what’s the question?
Ummm Chris.. My exes birthday happens during the no contact rule. Can I break it to wish him a happy birthday?
Hmm… how can I put this…
I have probably told over a thousand women that over the years.
But you know what, maybe a man will soak in the information a bit better 😉 .
(Pretty lame segue, huh?)
Today we are about to make history on “The Ex Boyfriend Recovery Podcast” because for the first time ever, instead of featuring a woman on the podcast we are going to be featuring a man!
Now, the man who we are featuring wished to remain anonymous so from this point on whenever I refer to an “anonymous” I referring to the man who asked the question.
So, his situation is pretty simple,
Video For Episode 57: (Birthdays And The No Contact Rule)
You’ll notice that I have something new in front of my microphone in the video.
One of the biggest annoyances to filming these podcasts was the fact that the pop filter of my microphone obstructed so much of my face,
Well, after much deliberation I came to the realization that I was going to have to get a new pop filter that didn’t obstruct my face at all. So, I went online, searched and eventually came across this bad boy,
Now you can actually see me when I talk so I don’t look like a robot.
Though now that I think about it maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to show you more of my face. You’ll be able to see every little imperfection or pimple I get.
The Situation Anonymous Is Facing
- He has literally just went through a breakup
- He just started the no contact rule
- His ex has a birthday coming up (next Wednesday) to be exact
- He wonders if he should break the no contact rule (just this once) to wish his ex a happy birthday
- He feels that if he doesn’t, if he ignores her, that she is going to take it the wrong way and become mad at him
The Things We Talk About In This Episode
- If you are allowed to break the no contact rule to wish your ex a happy birthday
- The protocol to follow if your exes birthday ends on the no contact rule
- The idea of making sure every action you take has a positive impact on your own situation
- How an ex is going to view you saying “happy birthday” to them
- Why it’s a big mistake to break the no contact rule early
- If an ex would ever not take you back because you didn’t wish them a happy birthday