201 thoughts on “The Most Common Reasons For Why He Broke Up With You (And What To Do Next)”

July 15, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Hi didou,

actually it looks like you’ve been just chasing him since the break up and then expecting him to get engaged with you again even if there’s not much rapport.. and we have to be honest.. it also looks like you’ve not improved to the level of being independent and having your own life.. how many other dates have you been in?

Missy

July 15, 2016 at 7:06 am

HELP! When my boyfriend of 3 and a half years left me on June 30th I found out he had been hiding that he was close friends with a female coworker. He hid this because he knows I’m insecure and I’m not comfortable with either of us being friends with the oposite sex. If he had been open and honest about his friendship it wouldn’t be that big of a deal, but since he hid it I’m thinking there has to be something more between them. But he denied it. I’m freaking out right now though because i found out his friend is looking for a new place to live, which he is also doing because he moved out of my apartment when he left me. I’m so scared that their going to move in together. I haven’t spoken to him for a week while trying to follow the NC rule and the last time we spoke he spoke of her in a negative light (apparently shes sleeping around and complaining about these men to him), but while praising her small daughter and he HATES kids! I don’t know his feelings for her. He has told me repeatedly since the breakup (before the NC) that he loves me very much, he doesn’t know what he wants, this time apart is something he needs to do for himself, that he’s not in a healthy place to date anyone, but if he was he’d be with me, but he can’t promise anything. I’m trying to trust and believe him, but I don’t know how he feels about this friend of his or if they might move in together. I’m desperate to call him and demand to know if he’s gonna move in with this woman and how he feels about her. I’m freaking out! But I don’t want to break NC… Help!!!

July 15, 2016 at 6:16 pm

HI Missy,

it’s his loss of he moves in with her.. So, just chill.. If they move in together, you’ll know it later on one way or another but right now, don’t waste nc on them.. YOu only have a short time for yourself.. use it for yourself.

August 10, 2016 at 6:09 am

maybe he’s just busy or he doesn’t know how to respond to that..give him a week before trying again

Confused Gal

August 8, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Hi Amor,

So at about day 21 of NC I posted a picture of myself on instagram and an hour later my ex unfollowed me. I was the only one in the picture but it was me at lasertag (which was easy to assume I was probably on a date). I thought that was very suspicious that he would unfollow me after that particular picture, as I’ve been posting a lot of “ungettable” girl photos and been busy improving myself and going out with friends. I decided to break no contact on day 25 with a confession text, to which he gave neutral response, but then did not respond. I waited 5 days and texted him again because I had ran into an old friend, so I used the “saw so-and-so and made me think of you, hope you are doing well” and he responded very positively! He even referred back to my original confession text. I ended the texting shortly with “late for a birthday ill ttyl” and he responded “kk”. Now two days later I try to text him again about the baseball game that was on (bc he loves the jays) but no response… Could he be worried about giving me the wrong impression? I’m not sure why he responded SO positively at first, unless he’s just being civil. I want him to understand that this is me just trying to be friendly, but I don’t want to be an “old dramatic ex”.

Victoria

August 1, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Thanks – I did that but the response was very dry, he hasn’t responded to my last message for almost 2 weeks now. I don’t want to send another one as he many find me irritating..

July 29, 2016 at 7:51 pm

you’re welcome! have a wonderful day too!

Jun

July 29, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Thanks Amor! I need this!
    Hopefully a better update the next time…
    Have a nice day!

Jun

July 29, 2016 at 7:56 am

Hi Amor it’s me again… Been feeling miserable these few days so decided to put up an update.
    It has been 13 days since I start NC on him.
    1) still asking friends about me, would purposely revert the conversation with my friends to me. Asked where we went together, who I was out with with and Etc.

2) notice his snapchat yesterday been very negative, can’t say it’s about me as he’s a very busy guy with a lot of work load from school and projects from outside of school. (I tend to ignore but thanks to auto play sometimes I accidentally viewed his snapchat stories)

3) starting to tell a lot of people we broken up.

4) as usual going out with girls, I know they have nothing between them but I feel pressured as these girls are all very talented (we study advertising and graphic design) so these girls are all basically good at what they’re doing. He asked them out for coffee or some really just pure business. And they’re all beautiful.

I can’t help feeling insecure about myself. I’m not as talented I’m not as beautiful as them. I know I know, become the UG. But to be honest, my ex is an overachiever. My class standard is considered above average, he’s beyond that. I’m wondering, will this be harder for me to get him back or make him want to chase me again?

a) Do I need to become academically and socially better than him in order to get him back. Because if so, it will be so hard as this is what he achieved all this while in our relationship and I lost myself, lost my goals and aims. I have them now, but I’m worried I’m scared, it would t be enough…

Couldn’t find any internet source anywhere even on this site, hope you guys can help or write and article about this…

Appreciate this website so much 🙁

July 29, 2016 at 5:45 pm

nope, you don’t have to be greater than him because his achievements are his achievements..

set your goals, and then reach them.. ask yourself why you want those goals so that you would be more confident. Be thankful if somebody is better than you because that means you still have room to grow..

July 29, 2016 at 10:09 am

you can initiate contact now.. use a topic that he always loves talking about and then slowly build rapport

Maria

July 27, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Thanks Amor.

We were together about 1 1/2 years. I just completed 35 days of NC. We are both back on a dating site. We’ve already seen each other there but NC continues.