8,573 thoughts on “The Complete Guide For Getting Your Ex Boyfriend Back”

1. Serena

April 25, 2020 at 7:52 am

My husband of 14 years (been together 20 years) has left me for another woman, he has told me it’s over 6 times now and I have taken him back every time. The longest he was gone was 5 weeks then he came back but only for 2 weeks and left again last week. We have 2 children together. He says he still loves me and doesn’t want to lose me but doesn’t make any effort to speak to me or message me. I have tried no contact but because of the children I have to see him and that always ends in either a conversation or usually an argument. I don’t know what to do but I want my husband back. Please help!

April 25, 2020 at 11:14 am

Hi Serena, if you still want him back then I suggest that you follow all the advice on this website to the word! 45 days NC where you do not speak to him unless you share children there is no need to speak. Work on yourself also known as the Holy Trinity and make sure that you are striving to be the best version of yourself and become happy in your life with out him. Start casually dating guys – do not commit to anything serious and date multiple guys to see how different people treat you. Also this is going to help you realise that your husband is not the end all be all. He cheated and has left you multiple times so he clearly has this impression that there is better out there. So the more time you spend investing in yourself the more he is going to regret losing you. Reach out to your ex after the 45 days NC and start following the being there method, but do not take him back at the first request you need to make him work for your time and attention

2. Jemma

April 24, 2020 at 12:13 am

I’ve been single now for less then a week after he broke up with me, saying he doesn’t see a future when three weeks prior we were discussing moving out together in August, marriage and he was telling me he really wanted children. We are both late 20’s. After the exchange of items a few days ago, we haven’t communicated. I’ll continue it for the 30 days and hope for the best but his birthday is coming up in two weeks. I don’t want to seem unthoughful… How does NC rule work with this? I don’t plan on posting all over his wall, but I thought I could send him a small private message that just says “Happy Birthday. I hope it’s a good one.”
    What’s the ideal solution here?

April 25, 2020 at 11:06 am

Hi Jemma, we do not recommend that you reach out with a birthday message. Stick to NC and follow the program

3. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

April 20, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Hi Michelle, no one can force you to follow the advice given in the ex boyfriend recovery process. But NC and the lighthearted text has been proven to work time and time again. With many different situations and personality types. It takes away the emotional pressure on exes when they hear from you again. He is not going to hold it against you for not reaching out on his birthday, he is just going to wonder why you haven’t reached out to him. If he sends you money, then you may reply a simple “thank you” or along those lines, short and polite but no further conversation

4. Jules Antonette Alamin

April 20, 2020 at 4:42 pm

He says he don’t want to make any communication with me and wants to cut everything that I could be connected of him. I am trying to start an NC rule but what if I will have no way to contact him after the NC?

April 20, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Hi Jules, giving that you work your Holy Trinity and apply the information to become Ungettable you will be able to change the way he views you and mutual friends. Keep using social media as when he gets curious about what you are up to he will check your pages

5. India

April 19, 2020 at 2:59 pm

Me and my boyfriend recently broke up. I’m hoping that I’m a few weeks after your no contact stage this will be really useful!
    Many thanks,
    India

April 20, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Hi India, its great you can stick to NC and work on yourself in that time, keep in mind sometimes it takes more than just no contact to get an ex back. You need to read and follow the advice to being Ungettable and prepare yourself for the texting phase

6. Amy

April 19, 2020 at 1:04 am

So my ex and I lived together and enjoyed 2 years together. He randomly brought up that we should go on a break and then boom my life turned upside down, he’s moving to another city, I moved in with my siblings and it has been shit. He says that he doesn’t see a future with me and still labels it as a break but also wants to hold to the possibility that maybe we would be better off without each other. Is there hope? What should I do.

April 25, 2020 at 9:23 am

Hi Amy, I would suggest that you stop talking to him for a little while (No Contact) for around 30 days, and stop asking him where you stand, if he wants a break give him a taste of what life would be like without you in it. I would then focus on yourself and work on your Holy Trinity as best as you can, reaching out after 30 days to text your ex with something that is going to open the window for communication, this text needs to not be emotional or bring up the past or getting back together. You just need a short conversation that Chris explains in his articles and videos.

7. Rosario

April 18, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Hi there. I have a question I hope you can help with. I dated a guy for about 4 months and we spent a lot of time together and had a deep connection. However, I broke up with him and I regret it very much. I reached out to him 2 months later (about 3 weeks ago) to see how he was doing in the midst of covid-19 craziness but I didn’t think he’d respond because I know I broke his heart. Well it turns out he did respond and we’ve been texting and talking on the phone the last 3 weeks. I told him that I want to get back together and he says he doesn’t know, he’s confused, he’s hurt, he doesn’t know if he loves me anymore – all which is very understandable. He says he’s not angry but he is very hurt. I just came across your website today and am wondering if I need to start NC even if I was the one who broke up with him and reached out to him? I know there’s a chance I may be pushing too hard too soon and I don’t want to push him away. I think he’s still interested but I’m sort of paralyzed not knowing what is the best next step. Any thoughts or suggestions??

April 25, 2020 at 9:28 am

Hi Rosario, no I would not go into a NC as you have made the progress to get talking to him – I would have said that asking him to get back together so quickly is the issue, so the more you get him investing in talking to you and phone calls the better chance you have of getting him back right now. Try to get some skype calls in there so he can see you looking good. Do not bring up getting back together again, just talk and be happy and positive around him

8. Rachel

April 10, 2020 at 1:08 am

Dear Shaunna,

Thank your for your respond. I just read a blog entry of Chris where he said: “Sure we can be friends” and then start your no contact.” So should I just tell him: “Says we can be friends” and then ignore him or how should this work? Thanks.

April 11, 2020 at 10:18 pm

Hi Rachel if you have already started your NC then stick it, there is no point reaching to agree to be friends and then re start your NC

9. Ramona

April 10, 2020 at 12:48 am

Hi there!

I am not replying to my ex for a few days now. He is constantly texting me and calling me and asking me why I am not replying back or picking up the phone. He says: I thought we agreed to stay in each others life and be friends. What happend to that? Should I text him and tell him or not? Also should I open the chat so he can see that I am ignoring him on purpose or just not opening the chat? Thanks!

April 11, 2020 at 11:00 pm

Hi Ramona good for you being so strong! Stick to your NC as much as you can do not explain yourself to him. he wanted the break up this is what it is like without you in his life

10. Eve d

April 9, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Hi. My case is a bit complicated. My ex and I enjoyed a perfect 3 years together until he decided he beeded to ‘go out and experience life without a partner’.
    It has been 2 years since then, I tried moving on and he has/had a girlfriend for a pretty long time, for like a year or so.
    The problem is even after these two years, I still can’t get over him, he is always on my mind, not even the exes after him helped with that.

Do you think I should contact him? Is this article relevant to my case too?

April 9, 2020 at 9:39 pm

Hi Eve in this situation I would say that you would need to do the being there method, but do not hold hope for him to walk away from someone who he has spent over a year with. Just make sure that you dont go in full throttle, you are going to have tow work your way up the value chain

11. Rachel

April 8, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Hey, I have a question about the no contact rule. So, my ex boyfriend broke up with me but wants to stay friend. I told him that I have to think about this and will let him know. We are still texting right now. What should I do? Should I tell him about that I don`t want to talk to him for some time or should I try to be friends and get him back like this? Thank you!

April 10, 2020 at 12:13 am

Hi Rachel, you just stop replying, do not tell him you are doing a NC as that ruins the impact of him worrying why you stopped replying to him

12. K

April 5, 2020 at 7:05 pm

Hey I have a complicated situation… I still live in the flat my ex and I shared together… we moved in only a month befits we split… he’s been very kind and offered to pay half the rent until the end of the contract in dec 2020… I want to do the no contact rule (but we’ve been talking since we split) but I can’t just ignore him because he’s paying the rent!! And I’m not working atm too

i said the relationship wasn’t how I wanted it and was very upset….. but didn’t expect him to say if that’s how you feel there’s no chance for us… 🙁

It hasn’t been a clean break and he’s been undecided but finally said that he feel emotionally burnt out from the relationship and also has so much other stress with work etc And doesn’t want to be in a relationship… we are talking on phone and are friends and he’s being supportive.. we still laugh, and he messages me sometimes… but I can feel his interest waning and he’s moving on with life/new job… I don’t know what to do!! When I get a job I could do no contact I think as it’s a good excuse to be girl … please can you help with some advice!! Thx

April 8, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Hi K when you are having a shared responsibility you have would ideally follow a Limited no contact where you only speak about shared bills. You need to work on your holy trinity in that time and then start talking to him again in 30 days

13. SLynn

April 2, 2020 at 8:14 pm

I wish your no contact rule worked for my situation, but I just think that my ex doesn’t care whether I talk to him again or not. We were together for just over 10 years and I left because he said he didn’t see a future with me and had no intentions of moving the relationship to the next level. I’ve been no contact for 2 1/2 weeks now and he has just proceeded to erase me from his accounts and life without a care. While it’s possible that he may miss our relationship, it seems as if he has just accepted that I have removed myself from his life and is moving on. I’m assuming this is not normal?

April 2, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Hey there, this is totally normal! Stick with it for 30 days minimum

14. alee jael

February 25, 2020 at 5:49 pm

Hi. My boyfriend broke up with me ans recently ended a 3-yr relationship. He said he was no loner happy and he did not deserve all the love I have for him. He wanted me to have a serious move on. But i texted him a lot times and reminded him not to forget all what we have. And apparently, he did not bother to answer all my texts and even calls, and yesterday, I decided to give him space and follow the no contact rule. I am in pain right now, please help. I want him back.

February 26, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Hi Alee you need to complete and follow the rules of No contact and give your ex that time, wehre you focus on yourself and getting over the break up

15. Kavya

February 23, 2020 at 11:28 am

Sir, my bf don’t wanna be in relationship because of some of his personal home problems I don’t know what actual problem he has because he didn’t told me. I wanna make him understand that whatever problem comes in life I will be there for him but he is not understanding the fact what I’m telling him. He even blocked me , my number and even on social media fb , insta and all . Please sir help me so he come back in my life forever I really love him alot….

February 27, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Hi Kavya, so allowing your boyfriend some space to allow for him to deal with his family issues is going to benefit you as he is going to see you are not willing to chase him or that you are that needy that you will be put on the side lines when he feels like it. Make sure you remain social with friends and focus on being happy

16. shagun saluja

February 18, 2020 at 5:59 pm

hi, me n my boyfriend broke up 5 months back..
    we were in serious commitment and wants to get marry to each other .
    he gave me reason for break up which i found is not correct, i think he lied to me n just to hide that he broke up with me.
    reason was he is not happy with me and he feels irritate with me from last 7-8 months, but if that is case then why he gifted laptop on my birthday.
    he dated another gal for like 20-25 days, at the sane time that gal was dating two more guys. i tried not to talk to him,
    but im addicted to him. Even he did so much, i still want him back.
    i said i dont want to lose you, to which he said im not going anywhere, but stay normal if you want too.
    i told him i cant be just your friend, and im returning his gifts, to which i think he dint felt good .. and he said
    that he will also return hi gifts and everything ..
    what to do,I love him a lot and want him back .. I tried everything to make him feel special on his birthday even he said so much to me ..
    please help !!

February 27, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Hi Shagun, I would suggest that you follow a No Contact, and work on yourself in that time. The amount of effort you put into making him “feel special” you need to put into yourself! Read the articles about being Ungettable and focus on yourself for some time. Read as many articles as you can on this website that apply to you during your No Contact

17. Shell

February 16, 2020 at 4:55 pm

So my ex has reached out to me after 3 months of no contact. However he doesn’t seem to want to actually see me shale I just be honest and say are we meeting or not? It’s been 4 weeks of texting but all his done is reach out said load of words to me but no effort to actually meet up for a catch up? What should I do here?

February 16, 2020 at 8:42 pm

Hi Shell, so honestly, 4 weeks is not that long about texting, when you are trying to get an ex back. If you can move to phone calls and talk on the phone now and again you will find that he is investing his time into talk to you should lead to meet ups eventually. But read about what you need to do during phone calls before you attempt one

18. Grace

January 30, 2020 at 2:21 am

During the No Contact period, should I still open his snaps and not respond or should I not open them at all?

January 30, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Try to not open them if you can avoid it

19. Sarah

January 27, 2020 at 10:22 am

My ex boyfriend broke up with me a month ago because of my parents. He said he didnt want me anymore, he didnt want me to fight for him or the relationship. He thinks it’s best if he and I stay separated forever. I am truly committed to this guy. I have been in love with him for two years, but we were only daying for 5 months.. as far as I know, we both love each other. Been in love since high school. I really want him back. Please help…

January 30, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Hey Sarah start following the program, and for whatever reason your parents caused the break up you need to assure that issue is not there in the future

20. Adejumo damilola

January 6, 2020 at 4:02 pm

Hello my boyfriend broke up with me, we had no fights he just stopped caring and when I asked he said, Im special, beautiful and he loves me but hes not sure what he wants, i deserve a good man and we should breakup

1 2 3 4 5 6 148