8,568 thoughts on “The Complete Guide For Getting Your Ex Boyfriend Back”

Lee

May 27, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Hello my boyfriend and I been together for almost 6 years now starting starting staying together earlier this year as we wanted our only daughter to grow up with her both parents. Just after some few months later we almost argue everyday over small issues and he’s been nagging me I jst felt controlled by him In the house. I decided to move out not because I don’t want him anymore but because I thought things could go back to the way the was before we moved in together. He took it as a break-up and I don’t wanna lose him either please help

June 2, 2020 at 12:05 am

Hi Lee I would suggest that you speak to your boyfriend about why you left the family home and if that does not work then you need to start following a limited no contact while following the program

Hayley

May 25, 2020 at 11:44 am

Hey! my ex broke up with me on Friday (22 May), on the week of my birthday. We were so close before the break up. I was craving for more attention and I was suffering from depression and low self-esteem.
    He broke up with me, claiming I deserved better because he cannot give me all the attention I needed. He told me he loved/s me and always will and that he will regret his action for the rest of his life.
    I couldn’t take the pain so I contacted him on Sunday but he said the break up is the greatest act of love towards me from him. He said he can be friends with me but he cannot be my man again
    I am ready to go through the NC and other processes just to get him back but my ex is very stubborn and adamant so I don’t know if I have chance/s of getting him back.

Y

May 24, 2020 at 12:21 pm

hi my boyfriend of 4 years broke up with me a month ago. Before we started dating i made out with another boy this always bothered him and we’ve had many fights related to this. when we broke up this time he said he feels like a second choice and he feels locked down by me. after we broke up i did No Contact for a week and then we started talking normally and since we are under lockdown and stay in different cities we started watching movies on netflix party. But all of a sudden 2-3 days ago when we had been broken up for a month i asked if he would consider discussing about our relationship status and take me back. he flat out said no and that he doesn’t want to be with me. We were bestfriends before we started dating i don’t wanna lose him. How do i fix this situation ?

May 29, 2020 at 3:41 pm

Hey there Y, so the fact that he is bringing up a guy form four years ago – I wouldn’t accept this as a reason to break up you since had a long relationship. For whatever reason he thinks that the relationship isn’t right for him. You need to complete a 30 day No Contact during which you need to work on your Holy Trinity and striving to become the Ungettable girl. This work on yourself is essential to this program and seeing progress with your ex.

y

May 23, 2020 at 4:44 pm

my boyfriend of 4 years broke up with me a month ago because he felt incompetent and like he is holding me down he feels like he is the second choice because i made out with a boy before we dated and it really affected him. i completely shut contact with him for a week right after we broke up. and when i reached out after that things were good since we are quarantined in diff cities we watched movies on netflix party and talked about normal things. but a few days ago when our breakup completed one month i asked if he would take me back and his response broke my heart again and all those feelings came rushing back i wanted to discuss with him what he was feeling but he kept stonewalling me. He doesnt like sharing and thinks i dont understand him. i really wish we could be friends again he was one of my best friends before we started dating. What do you think i should do about this im a wreck especially after our recent conversation?

June 9, 2020 at 10:45 am

Hey there, so if you want to get your ex back then you need to start following the program. Read the articles on this website to help you along the way while completing your No Cotnact

Keyla smith

May 20, 2020 at 4:20 pm

Hello My boyfriend of 11 years moved out a week in half ago, we have 1 daughter together but 3 daughters all together. Mothers Day he did not get me anything.he said I needed to ACT RIGHT! I got upset and stormed out house while doing that, I started yelling and said that I was done. (Not with us but with the conversation). So, I left and he texted we both said so hurtful things and when I got back home he had moved out. Long story short a week later I decided to text him he did not read or respond back to texts. He bought our daughters new phns and himself a new phn and he also has a new num he did not give me. I called him From our daughters phn he answer and heard my voice and asked me not to call him and hung up. Is this it? Can our relationship be saved? Will he move back in?

May 20, 2020 at 11:32 pm

Hi Keyla, I would suggest that you seek out a local therapist and you also need to complete a limited no contact for at least 30 days where you only speak in regards to the daughters. Otherwise put some distance between you for the short term. If he is willing to go to the therapist with you. If not then you need to follow the program from No Contact to the texting phase

Jenna

May 18, 2020 at 11:34 pm

Hi my ex broke up with me end of July 2019. We were together for 4 years. We still spoke back and forth and I did the whole begging pleading but he never shut me out and wanted to remain friends. It was pretty full on and I defiantly went the wrong way about things and pushed him further away. I did no contact in January the whole month. I then reached out in feb. Asking how he was to catch up etc he agreed but he kept getting putting off. It hurt my feelings. I made a mistake and told him how I really felt. I thought honesty was the best policy. He told me he had moved on and was seeing someone else but again told me happy to remain friends and possibly catch up soon. we were texting back and forward for a bit but Getting nowhere I called him out on it and again to full on he said he felt uneasy and blocked me. I made the same mistake and undone the progress we had made. We have recently spoke cleared the air and he is considering catching up but I get a dry response to one word responses and unsure. Should I do no contact again ? Any advice would help please.

May 20, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Hi Jenna, I would say that you would do a short NC this time around 21 days and then form there be sure that when you reach out again it is going to be with texts that Chris suggests, but also that oyu have been working your Holy Trinity and using social media to show the person you want your ex to view you as

C

May 18, 2020 at 2:32 pm

May 27, 2020 at 10:14 pm

Hi C, yes you are doing the right thing follow the process and use the information to help you! Especially the articles about being Ungettable and the Holy Trinity

C

May 18, 2020 at 12:30 pm

My partner broke up with me on Friday completely unexpectedly. We were due to get married this summer. He said he wanted to break up, he loved me but wasn’t in love with me and felt we were just friends, he said he felt trapped. He also said he had been having these thoughts for weeks. It is a complete shock as the past few weeks in lockdown have been difficult but we have shared many happy times. Nothing has pointed to this happening. We love each other deeply and I believe that to be true. He left to stay at a friends straight after this and came around yesterday to collect more belongings. Since arranging that I have had no contact so I guess I’ve started the no contact rule. This is the man I want to grow old with and I believe we have a strong and happy relationship. I am worried that he is actually very depressed and has blamed his feelings of unhappiness onto me and our relationship. I am going to follow the process outlined here, am I doing the right thing? Is there hope?

May 20, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Hi C, if he is depressed then it is going to show him that you were not the issue when it comes to him still feeling low when you are not around. Be sure that you stick to your NC and work on your Holy Trinity. When you have completed 30 days NC and reach out if you get a negative response then you need to extend as this is more a sign that your ex is not ready and nothing to do with the work you have put in yourself during this time

Kat

May 18, 2020 at 3:48 am

My ex broke up with me the day before our 2 year anniversary and I was not expecting it at all, I thought we were happy together. He didn’t love me anymore. We had been planning to get married and have kids in a few years. He has been going through personal issues and said that I no longer made him happy and his unhappiness was unfair to me. He said he didn’t see me in his future anymore. He said I was always a great girlfriend. I was totally heartbroken and for the next two days I begged for him to let me “fix” this, and I regret it because I couldn’t fix it. After two days, he started getting mean and told me to accept it and move on. He also said I was emotionally draining, I had went though a lot of stuff this past year as well and I was very open with communication, whereas he was not. I hate that I looked desperate to him because I know I am a 10/10, but I would love to just apologize for how I was a “gnat” and I want to start fresh. I think this space is doing me good, I feel more confident and independent than I ever have but I miss him. I haven’t spoke to him in any form of communication in 2 weeks. I also told him “alright I’ll reach out to you in a couple months” because he said he needed space. So now I’m scared he will move on in a couple months and not want me back. Am I on the right track? How do I avoid this anxiety of losing him for good? I’m scared he is too stubborn to change his mind and give our relationship a second try.

I

May 16, 2020 at 4:52 pm

Hello! We broke up more than a month ago. After a 4 months relationship. I told him that I want a break up because he started to act cold, was constantly on his phone (we moved in together and shared an apartment for 2 weeks or so) and it all started immediately. I know it was a mistake to move in together so quickly. But oh well. So after I told him that I want to break up with him, he said, that he was going to leave anyway in two days. So after he left the same day, I reached out to him in like 4 days, asked him to come back, he said no, but offered to become friends, I said no. And I went to a no concoct rule for a little bit more than 30 days. He had a birthday during the time of NC. I didn’t call him or text. So when it was the time for me to reach out, I send him a text and my apologies for not wishing a happy birthday. His reply was very positive, he asked me where I am, and how the things are, and that he is not mad at me at all (his friend told me that he was surprised that I didn’t call him). So I stoped the conversation then. I reached out to one of his friends who knows him well, we had a very long conversation, and his friend said that they talked and that my ex doesn’t want any kind of relationships and that he is over me. Should I text my ex again? He doesn’t text me first. So for now we didn’t talk for 4 days. Or should I just trust his friend and just forget about it?

May 27, 2020 at 10:48 am

Hey there, so there is a couple of things you shouldnt have reached out to the friend. This could be why your ex isnt talking to you again. If you want to follow the program then you need to read the articles given and follow the advice. Asking the friends for information about him, and if he is over you. Its all going to get back to your ex and he is going to know that you are reaching out to get him back (not what you want him to think). I would suggest that you do a short 21 day No Contact and start the texting phase again and this time don’t involve other people

k

May 15, 2020 at 8:14 pm

hi i’m currently doing no contact with my ex but i told him about it and said it was because i needed to get over him, was this a mistake? also we’re still sending one blank snap a day to keep the streak is that doing any harm to the situation? should i break the no contact then start it again soon without telling him?

May 15, 2020 at 8:26 pm

Hi K, stop with the snapchat stuff.. you need to complete a NC … 30 days of NO CONTACT. Keeping a snap streak is not important and it shows you are bothered about said link to him. It is not ideal that you told him but you make sure that you are working on yourself to the fullest during your No Contact

K

May 15, 2020 at 3:51 pm

Hello, I wanted to share my story here as well. I’ll try to keep it short.
    It is currently lockdown and we were sent home from college forcing us into a long distance. My boyfriend and I were fine at school and doing well, we had our ups and downs but everyone does.
    Over the long distance I started to doubt our relationship and then asked for a break. We ended up just staying together. Then I came to the realization that I wanted him in my life for a long time and so I was going to be alright. In about a month he broke up with me because I began to depend on him more due to depression from unseen events (recent suicide of a friend). I was upset and said things that I wish I could take back. His mother even had to text me to tell me to leave him alone and move on (although she is known for being crazy).
    I left him alone for a week, said my goodbyes, and I haven’t texted him since. (its been about a week)
    I hope to get him back, as our in person relationship was better than our long distance and I will see him this fall when we return to school.
    We dated nearly 6 months, how long should my period of no contact be? And do you have any tips for me?

May 30, 2020 at 10:50 am

Hi K your no contact should be 30 days and work on your Holy Trinity. Follow the program and read as many articles as you can to understand how ex recovery works and what is going to help you reach the Ungettable mindset

Anonymous

May 14, 2020 at 1:43 pm

Me and my fiancé of 2.5 years got into a bad argument that it became a little aggressive with each other. We are both very stressed during this time going through lockdown and I feel like we took it out on each other but did not mean it. We do not live together. Out of anger I cancelled our wedding the next day because I felt very much disrespected but at the same time it was the both of us who made the mistakes. I feel like I did not think everything through and now I am stuck. We were suppose to get married and he was suppose to move here in august but he told me because of this broken engagement he changed his mind. I got upset and told him to leave me alone and blocked his number but I dont know if it’s the right thing to do. I want to make him want me again and chase after e but he knows how to ignore me and make me chase him. I also don’t want him to move on from me when he gets used to not seeing me around. Are there any tips to fix this broken engagement?

May 20, 2020 at 4:32 pm

Hey K, so the same advice applies you need to start the program following the No Contact and then start reaching out once completed!

Jas

May 14, 2020 at 11:18 am

My bf and I broke up after 5 years, we currently live together but he is looking to move soon. The breakup was a mutual decision, but it’s been so hard! We realized we had great times in the relationship but when it was bad, it was bad. There were a lot of issues we had in our past relationships that caused turmoil in ours, for example, trust. We decided we wanted to be friends and work on our individual growth and if we decided we wanted to get back together, we have to both be in a better mind state to love again. Also, he has a lot of priorities with his family that just came so us became a back burner. My question is, we don’t have a timeframe in getting back and it all depends on our growth and how we feel and if timing is right. I don’t want to lose him and I don’t want to be just friends long term. How do I make him realize the relationship we had? I can’t lose him.

May 20, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Hi Jas, as hurtful as this may sound. Dont have a time frame for anything youre setting yourself up to get hurt or disappointed. Things need to happen naturally and organically. this is why we try to help you with stages through the process. Working on yourself, your Holy Trinity and gaining the Ungettable girl mindset is key in our program where you create this new you who is focusing on you, your happiness and what benefits you. During your NC this gives your ex some time to miss you and start thinking positively about your relationship. Only he can do this, you can not make him do anything. What you can do is use social media to remind him why he fell for you in the start and who you are. This is how we get exes to change their perception of us over time.

lara

May 12, 2020 at 6:38 pm

Hi. My situation is a little different since I can’t quite call him my ex. We were seeing each other very briefly, saw each other only 4 times and had great sex on two of those dates. He set up a date, probably just to “hook-up” and then cancelled the very day of via text telling me that he started seeing someone else. I’m not upset as we were way too early in our relationship though I did learn very interesting things about him and was hoping to redirect the nature of our relationship into something with more substance. I replied very positively and told him to reach out if he would be interested in being friends and he replied affirmatively that he would definitely like to hang out as friends and thanked me for being understanding. I think we could have a great connection, though he doesn’t really know me too well yet. Do you think there is any chance that I could get him to want to see me again? I intend on doing NC and it has only been a few days but wonder if it would be possible considering we haven’t really been able to build much substance in our relationship yet and he just started seeing someone. Thanks!

May 19, 2020 at 9:25 pm

Hey Lara, if you want to try and re attract him then you need to work on becoming the Ungettable girl so that he feels he is missing out by not being with you

Patsy

May 5, 2020 at 12:17 pm

Any advice on how to handle no contact while in lockdown. We were in amicable contact immediately after I moved out but I am now doing no contact. We had a good relationship before the breakup and I believe that this has happened because he got cold feet. I’m struggling with self growth during a period of time when I cannot socialise or even find somewhere to live. Any tips on things I can do while living under these restrictions?
    We also have a lot of shared matters like bills, work, cancelled wedding etc that have been left unresolved how do I approach these topics when I end no contact?

May 5, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Hey Patsy, so you can speak to your ex in regards to shared responsibilities but you stick to business. Things to do while in lock down would be things that you can do is reading, art, work out etc. Posting positive things showing you are learning new skills and not focusing on the negatives that this experience is giving you

candice

April 26, 2020 at 12:42 pm

my boyfriend did breakup with me on april 10 this month and i begged him to come back to my life . he told me that his feelings for me is died due to my lies over small things so now he can’t be in relationship with me . we was in long distance relationship for 1 year . we met once . and shared a lots of beautiful memories.
    everyone of his friends told him to get back to me but everything failed . he told me atlast that you can’t force anyone to be in relationship so please leave me i want happiness in my life . i litterally cried begged everything but he told if you love me please leave me . when we had our last call he told me that he loved me truly he want to move on from me by going on rebound relationship he mentioned that his rebound relationship is not a true he just using that relationship to move on from me he told him by himself then only he can miss me and come back to me and he told me he don’t have feelings for me but he have care for me and he promised me he will come back one day . i asked him when you will come back he told he cant give me a particular time but it may be 2 month also 6 month also 1 year also but he definetly come back . because he loved me truly . after 4 days of breakup he asked my friend that how am i and whether iam taking care of myself . now he is in rebound relationship he seems to be spending his whole time with his new gf .will he come back ? i should apply no contact rule ?

May 2, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Hi Candice, yes you need to go into a 45 day NC where you work on yourself and then when you are done with 45 days you start following the information with the being there method

Serena

April 25, 2020 at 7:52 am

My husband of 14 years (been together 20 years) has left me for another woman, he has told me it’s over 6 times now and I have taken him back every time. The longest he was gone was 5 weeks then he came back but only for 2 weeks and left again last week. We have 2 children together. He says he still loves me and doesn’t want to lose me but doesn’t make any effort to speak to me or message me. I have tried no contact but because of the children I have to see him and that always ends in either a conversation or usually an argument. I don’t know what to do but I want my husband back. Please help!

April 25, 2020 at 11:14 am

Hi Serena, if you still want him back then I suggest that you follow all the advice on this website to the word! 45 days NC where you do not speak to him unless you share children there is no need to speak. Work on yourself also known as the Holy Trinity and make sure that you are striving to be the best version of yourself and become happy in your life with out him. Start casually dating guys – do not commit to anything serious and date multiple guys to see how different people treat you. Also this is going to help you realise that your husband is not the end all be all. He cheated and has left you multiple times so he clearly has this impression that there is better out there. So the more time you spend investing in yourself the more he is going to regret losing you. Reach out to your ex after the 45 days NC and start following the being there method, but do not take him back at the first request you need to make him work for your time and attention

Jemma

April 24, 2020 at 12:13 am

I’ve been single now for less then a week after he broke up with me, saying he doesn’t see a future when three weeks prior we were discussing moving out together in August, marriage and he was telling me he really wanted children. We are both late 20’s. After the exchange of items a few days ago, we haven’t communicated. I’ll continue it for the 30 days and hope for the best but his birthday is coming up in two weeks. I don’t want to seem unthoughful… How does NC rule work with this? I don’t plan on posting all over his wall, but I thought I could send him a small private message that just says “Happy Birthday. I hope it’s a good one.”
    What’s the ideal solution here?

April 25, 2020 at 11:06 am

Hi Jemma, we do not recommend that you reach out with a birthday message. Stick to NC and follow the program

20. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

April 20, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Hi Michelle, no one can force you to follow the advice given in the ex boyfriend recovery process. But NC and the lighthearted text has been proven to work time and time again. With many different situations and personality types. It takes away the emotional pressure on exes when they hear from you again. He is not going to hold it against you for not reaching out on his birthday, he is just going to wonder why you haven’t reached out to him. If he sends you money, then you may reply a simple “thank you” or along those lines, short and polite but no further conversation

1 2 3 4 5 148