3,807 thoughts on “Has He Moved On? How To Get Him Back If He Has A Girlfriend”

Esraa

July 18, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Hello,
    I have been in a relationship for two years and a half and I broke up with my fiancee 11 months ago, he started a new relationship with a new girl two months ago. He was in contact with me and all my friends and family during the first 9 months and he wanted to come back but I was still not sure I want to be back with him. And now I feel I want him badly but not because he is with another girl but our breakup was a mistake. Do you think he is in a rebound relationship after 11 months? And do you think I still can get him back? How? I tried to get him back when I knew he is with another girl but he refused and he told me to forget about him and to go on in my life without him

July 19, 2013 at 2:04 am

I am going to be honest with you. I don’t think it’s a rebound. Too much time has passed. However, why didn’t you take him back? Now he thinks that you don’t want him back.

Esraa

July 19, 2013 at 1:52 pm

thanks for your reply .. he still ask my friends about me and he expresses that he is not happy in general and till 2 months right before he has the new relationship he had hope that we could get back together ..my question is: is there any hope of getting him back ?

3. admin

July 19, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Right now… it’s not likely.

However, if this new relationship plays out and ends quickly then I would say you have a shot.

heather

July 18, 2013 at 5:44 pm

So my husband and I have been together 8 yeArs married 5. We separated 2 in a half months ago, a week After splitting he got a new girlfriend. We have a daughter together and he’s seen her twice since the split. Both times I slept with him, dumb I know. I was desperate to get him back. I’ve pleaded begged and just been desperate and obsessive. I recently heard they are talking about moving in together. Right now she lives 200 miles away and they see one.another once a week for a couple days. He says they are.in love and never fight and are happy. I want him back and Im on day two of no contact. I tried about a week ago went five days then had an emergency with my daughter and had to contact.him. I want us to Workout and Im willing to change myself for the better. Can you give me any advice reguarding my situation?

July 19, 2013 at 2:02 am

UGH those stupid new girls.

No contact will help but I think you would benefit more by playing a little hard to get. Desperate girls aren’t exactly a turn on for guys. You offered him free sex and he took it but he had no intention of coming back. Right now, the chase is going the wrong way. It should be him chasing you, not the other way around.

denise

July 18, 2013 at 10:48 am

me and my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up a moth ago and he already has a new girlfriend we don’t talk at all and when he sees me he just puts his head down and can’t even look at me but on face book he likes my pictures and statuses and I love him and really want to be back with him what do I do

July 19, 2013 at 1:56 am

Natalie

July 18, 2013 at 7:11 am

My ex-boyfriend/best friend and I broke up 3 years ago after a 5-year relationship. I was completely blindsided since we had a solid friendship and relationship, but he broke up with me because he no longer wanted to be in a relationship.

We managed to remain best friends over the years and felt like we were still emotionally dating, but after finding out recently that he is “dating” someone new, I knew the time had come and I could no longer be friends with him anymore. He wants to have me in his life as his best friend AND also date this new girl. Sorry kid, you can’t have your cake and eat it too!

I feel like I’m going through a second breakup, except it hurts so much more the second time around. I’m trying my best to initiate no contact, but it has been so difficult since I’m used to contacting him nearly daily. This guide has been helpful not because my #1 motive is to get him back, but I really just want to get myself back. I’m tired of being held down by the actions/emotions/decisions of someone else. But the hopeless romantic in me can’t help but wonder if we’re really through. People tell me that we’ve been broken up for too long for any chance of reconciliation, but I just can’t help but wonder “What If.”

July 19, 2013 at 1:54 am

Hi Natalie,

Let me ask you something. What are you doing during your no contact to better yourself?

P.S. doing stuff during NC helps you heal TRUST ME!

Shelly

July 17, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Thanks for such a great website!

I am unsure whether he has a new girlfriend or not, but hoping you might be able to offer advice on whether I should give up all hope, or continue to have faith we could get back together.

We were childhood sweethearts who reunited years later (first dated at age of 15, then reunited at 45). I’m single, he is going through a divorce. We dated for 8 months and it was WONDERFUL. Then he started to become distant, and claimed he was overwhelmed with emotions and the divorce process was more than he thought he could handle, and he wasn’t ready to be in a relationship. We broke up, 3 months ago — his choice, not mine. I thought giving him space (no contact) might make him feel comfortable enough to come back to me… or at least connect as friends (we promised we would always remain friends). He regularly “likes” photos on my facebook page, and sometimes even comments on my facebook posts, be we do not speak at all in “real life.” I’m not sure what to think. I’ve sent him 2 texts over the last three months … both of which he answered… but the conversation dies there. I don’t want to chase him, but I’m confused by his facebook interaction. Does he still want to be in my life? Is there a chance for us in the future? I would think if he had truly moved on that he wouldn’t bother visiting my facebook page at all. It’s like he’s playing some sort of mind game, and it’s breaking my heart.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Shel

July 17, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Whats up Shelly!

I would say this, someone going through a divorce is all messed up. He may very well want to experience the single life for a while. With that being said, I think he still has feelings for you for sure.

Try going NC for a little bit and then make sure you control any texting conversations you might have. Shoot for doing this after your texting interactions “did I leave him wanting more?”

Shelly

July 18, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Thank you for your reply! I’ll go completely NC for awhile… here’s hoping maybe he’ll reach out to me. Fingers crossed.

Cat

July 17, 2013 at 7:11 am

My boyfriend & I broke up 2 months ago it was both our faults. I realized the mistake I made in over reacting I guess it was too late though cuz he said he’d had enough I called him a drunk a**hole because he chose to go drinking instead of sticking to the plans that we made earlier to see each other. Fast forward 3 weeks later & after sending him endless text mssgs pleading, his ex called me saying he’d been cheating on me w/her. She left my ex 4 years ago to marry the man she cheated on him w/& I’ve been w/my ex for over a year and a half she now calls herself his girlfriend & is now divorcing her husband & said she & my ex are in love & always have been. They have a son together as well & I guess that’s what she used to get him back. He’s never said anything to me about her until 1 night I drunk texted him asking him to talk which he said ok I winded up sleeping over though nothing happened I have texted him apologizing for my part & his reply was he didn’t think we’d workout anyhow & he missed our sushi nights. I told him I was grateful for his response & how I thought it might’ve worked cuz we made a great team. I’m a good loyal person & never cheated he was always so insecure I mean what can I do ? Is he her fallback guy is she or he a rebound ? I love him so deeply due to the connection we had & I’m lost & torn w/how to feel. Is there even the slightest chance to try & win him back ?

July 17, 2013 at 7:16 am

Hmm… honestly, I think he is lying. I think something did happen between them. I am not saying that to upset you I am saying that because I don’t want you to be naive with how you move forward. He may be telling the truth but it’s a little sketchy.

Anyways, the best thing to do is go NC immediately. Thats just my two cents.

Allie

July 16, 2013 at 6:23 am

Loving your website…just sucks that it has to exist at all! So…do guys get “snakes in their head” after a breakup? 😉 I started Dating my ex-boyfriend soon after he got out of a 14 year marriage. The ex-wife was the only other woman ever dated. It was a nasty divorce. They got married at 19 only because she got pregnant. When we first met, I apparently blew him off (I actually am not so good at picking up on men flirting with me). He’s smokin hot (sadly, his ego got bigger & bigger as we dated-Ever hear of men reverting back to their teenage years after a divorce?). This was also a long distance relationship. Anyway…it intrigued him that I’d blown him off & why I was single. Guess you could say I was the “ungettable” girl you describe. He said I was unlike any woman he’d met- I’m eight years his senior, had been focused on my career, traveling, and basically enjoying my life with or without a man. We both had an instant connection, and it was much more than physical. We were very happy and genuinely in love. His family and friends loved me, said I was the best thing that ever happened to him and they had never seen him happier. Several months into our relationship, we began talking about marriage. As I said, it was long distance so it would’ve involved one of us moving, and we weren’t in a big rush since he’d just been divorced (it was to be in early 2014). Well, 11 Months into our relationship, I found out I was pregnant. I’m ashamed to say I did not take the news very well, but after the shock wore off, my ex was thrilled about the news. He had children from the previous marriage & contentious relationship with his ex & didn’t get to see his kids much. We then just decided to move up the wedding date. Crap. I didn’t mean to get into such depth on here…I know you’re swamped. I’ll cut to the chase for now & will email other questions if that’s ok. So we had been on a SLOW breakup (details in email, but no cheating that I’m aware of) Since New Year’s. We had a short period of time and space at the beginning of the year, then I gave birth to our child. Things never really got back on track… Who are we had a big fight 1 November, and he felt like he lost the connection that he had with me, But says he has been trying to get it back (Apparently, just by sitting around and thinking about it) & wants to. We “officially” Broke up in April, but we continued to contact up until three weeks ago. He’s said I stay On his mind, he wants back what we had, he’s been out on dates and has absolutely no interest, no attraction, missed me, wanted to lay eyes on me, I stayed on his mind now more that we were broken up and when we were hanging on, and I stay on his mind the most when he’s really trying to “move on.” He sent flowers for Mother’s Day. He never even sent me flowers when we were dating! Says he knows I’m the one that got away but doesn’t know how to fix what was broken. Prior to us breaking up in April, He said that the previous few months, he could not get the wonder of single life out of his head because he never really been single. He was worried if he did that and dated others that he would ruin his chances and not get me back. It’s almost like he wanted to sow his wild oats yet expected me to wait for him to “finish”that part of his life. (My assessment, not his. He has very little rekationship experience & Sometimes seems like he is behaving more like a teenager dating than a grown man) We did not have a fight three weeks ago and he wanted me to stay in touch because he didn’t want to cut me out of his life. He felt like our son was our thread and our bond with each other and (I think) Hopes that in time the romantic connection will come back. The last time we spoke on the phone. He said that there’s still a lot between us and that the romantic connection was all that was missing right now and he doesn’t know how to fix it. He has said that he feels emotionally numb, and that he does not want to work hard enough at a relationship right now, and he’s not emotionally attached to anyone other than our son. Says he just wants “easy”. Not like slutty…like “no pressure or responsibility.” Yes…he’s got a child…he likes it for now that he’s not vulnerable to anyone right now so he can’t be hurt. We spent a few days together a month ago. He seemed almost awkward or nervous around me (hadn’t seen ea other in 4 mo). We finally had the very emotional face to face part of our breakup Dang…I’ll try to wrap this part up. So, There is a white trash freak show in his hometown that it’s been after him like a dog in heat for many months. She just divorced her husband last summer and seems has pretty much set her sights on my ex since then. He knows her family well and they worked together some. If I was the “ungettable” girl when we met, she is my polar opposite in every way. Basically, she would wipe his butt if he told her to and he knows that there is no challenge there. I know that he has gone out on dates with a few other girls, and now it seems that those two are seeing more of each other. She’s been posting crap about them on her Facebook page for a while, but he always deletes off of his page if she tags him, yet he’s started liking or commenting on some of her pics and posts. A mutual friend posted me and the picture of another guy friend on Facebook, but it could just be taken as a friendly photograph as well. I blocked him on Facebook so I would not be tempted to look at his page, but he could’ve heard about it through other mutual friends. Oh…& I’m three weeks into no contact. Aside from when he blindsided me at New Year’s that his feelings were changing, I have not been at all desperate or needy or clingy. Right now, I’m so pissed I don’t really want to contact him. The last time we spoke, it was a good en suite conversation. It seems like for the first time he had hope in our future and I didn’t. He said he would leave it up to me to contact him because he didn’t want to look like a stalker. I asked why he didn’t want to cut me out of his life, and he just replied “I just don’t.” Speaking of stalkers… So the dog in heat I referred to earlier has many of the same possessive, clingy, jealous traits as his ex-wife. His family and best friend even picked up on that based on her Facebook postings. He has said that she will do anything to be close to him, or she’s easy to work, but that’s not where his interest lies… Yet now he has gone out on dates with her. So as a chick, I have a hard time understanding this, but do guys ever hang out and go out on dates with girls that they have no intention of being in a relationship with just because she’s there and available? She just came out of a marriage, he came out of an intense relationship with me,(& Seems to have some kind of feelings left for me). She makes meals for him, buy clothes for him, have puffed up his ego nonstop, etc.…guess my question is… How long will it take for him to figure out she is a bunny boiling stalker? Even if she didn’t need a straitjacket, there is NO challenge there, & he’s admitted that. When will this implode? 3 weeks into NC, is he angry at me at this stage? (four days after we got back from our visit, he called on Wednesday, left a voicemail Saturday and a text Saturday before responded to him on Sunday. He reminded me that I had said long-ago he would lose sleep over not hearing from me one day & that up til the previous week, I would’ve responded within a day or so. Also asked if I hated him). Should I be encouraged that he has said he is emotionally numb and does not want to be vulnerable… So he wouldn’t be with the dog in heat? I am beyond ready for that dog to have her day!!

July 17, 2013 at 7:13 am

I don’t know why Allie, but I really like you. Like seriously, I am sure if you and I met in another lifetime we would be best friends.

I was literally laughing when you were just laying into this new girl (and hes not even officially dating her unless I missed something.)

I love it when people actually read my site. And the fact that you mentioned the “ungettable girl” makes me like you even more. So, here are my thoughts on the situation with this new chick. Now, I am going to be brutally honest here with you and probably a tad inappropriate but what the heck.

All guys rate women on a scale of 1 to 10. EVERY SINGLE ONE I don’t care how nice of a guy he is that is just the truth.

So, I find it completely unattractive if a 1-8 is super clingy, etc, etc (like the girl you describe above.)

However,

If the girl is a 9 or a 10 then I flat out don’t care. Thats completely shallow but this is how guys think. I think honestly that your ex won’t start a relationship with this girl (and if they do it won’t last) because she is psycho like you say. However, if she is high up there looks wise. He may do the “deed” and feel good about himself but I would be shocked if a long lasting relationship comes from it.

Allie

July 18, 2013 at 7:50 am

We’d totally be besties!! You’re very helpful, detailed oriented, and a smart butt, & will speak the truth even if it sucks. You like me because I use periods and other punctuation in my postings & use actual words & not grade school slang. Bless your heart…hey-can you explain the cartoon about how the guy got his girlfriend with bite wounds? I didn’t get it.

So, I wasn’t offended & sorta understand the rationale. Unless he has developed a physical attraction for her since she came around, I’m not sure how he’d rate her. She’s a skinny redhead with a long, horsey face, crooked eyes, freckledy redhead all over & seems to have gotten a *&^% job (I know he can’t stand that-says its fun to look at but didnt want to feel hard, fake *&^%s when he’s with a woman & wonders what else was fake about her-all that in opinion before she came along). Anyway, he said last fall she didnt have a pretty face up close (UNderstatement) & may has well have had a (*&^ for as little attraction as he felt, but she did have a happy, fun personality to help sell his products-she volunteered herself to be a “spokesmodel” to sell his hunting supplies. He believes chicks sell stuff more than guys. His friends & family don’t think she’s at all cute (call her a fence post with a wig, pippy long stocking, other guys wondered to each other if he couldn’t get someone better looking. He thought he could twist my arm for that silly job. I have more class in my pinky than she does in her whole body & an actual career where my professional reputation matters, as does my self respect. Anyway, guess I COULD be wrong about her being a stalker, but evidence seems to support it. She has kids but my ex is all over her FB page & if any mention is made ANYWHERE else on FB, she’ll comment. She made herself best friends with some chicks from Alabama (they’re in Ark) she met thru him on FB. Most of her FB people are ones she friends if he does, etc. she’s taken up his hobbies, set up a display in their bait shop (yep, bait shop) to sell his products, calls herself by his last name, etc. he’s let her get away with all of it & she’ll take any little crumb he tosses at her. He’s just recently begun engaging in her FB posts regarding him. Like I said, he knows she’ll do anything to be close to him & associate with him, knows to a certain degree she’s a stalker, attention is flattering, he’ll take the “benefit” from entertaining her but is looking for something else. He’s gotten access to prime family hunting land & a lot of free promotional materials for the company bc of her. I’d like to tell him he sounds like a high priced call girl!!! Ugh. She & I are total opposites (although I’m also a redhead)-she behaves like she crawled out of Honey Boo Boos TV show. Filthy language, crude humor, threatens to “whoop” people that get in her way, allows pics of her butt (clothed or bikini) to get posted & likes the crude comments. Guess you could say she’s a fame whore & SHE believes she’s an 11 on a 10 scale!! She has an obnoxious confidence based on external stuff. My confidence comes from other traits. Although my ex was mesmerized by me when he first saw me & pursued me. She’s been the one pursuing him all along. I think he just hasn’t discouraged it so he gets his free crap & a big ol ego boost. We live 750 mi apart, so I can’t be with him daily to ease his loneliness & to love on him & encourage and boost him as I would’ve liked. Maybe she’s filling that void for him (yuck) bc there’s no work involved on his end? He did say he just wanted something easy, someone to take care of him but hes not attached emotionally to any of them (other chicks chasing him, too). Outside of me, he wouldn’t Care if they were hit by a bus because he has no emotional attraction to them (said he wouldn’t give a shit if they were hit by a bus). Three weeks ago he told me that he has not had the feeling of love when he touched another woman or was around another woman either before or after me. She’s been a “known quantity” for almost a year now.
      if he were to develop actual feelings for her, wouldn’t he have done that sooner?
      If he wasn’t initially attracted to her, would kissing his butt & chasing him make him attracted to her?
      Is she a bandaid for the loneliness? It sucks, but a little part wishes he would go out with Her a few times, the bunny boiler would come out & she’d be exposed & he’d run far, far away. Weird thing is she’s posted koo koo crazy stuff on FB if think was stalking or even harassing, but she’s still around (Although some of those posts get taken down). This week I’ve decided I can’t hear about any more of those posts. It only makes me more upset. I kind of think he believes that he is in control of that situation and he can use her for her family ties, when in reality she’s the one that is manipulated him from very early on. She knows he likes that ego stroking and provides it nonstop. Hoping that’s all she strokes…ugh. I’ve wondered if he is just not feeling the emotional fallout from the divorce, and likes the constant ego boost to make himself feel better afterwards. He hasn’t seen his kids and almost a year, we are up in the air on custody for our son, and his dad shocked the family when he has said he visited a divorce lawyer himself.

Perhaps she is like a bottle of whiskey that helps numb the pain for
      him? His ego has got to be like his own drug. I think he has forgotten that there is more to him than his looks, but skank feeds that ego monster. He just seemed to have turned into a more hard hearted guy after the kids got taken, I got pregnant, his business took off & he got TONS of attention, horse face started chasing him, now his parents are having marital problems…

do you think he puts up this arrogant, egotistical weenie front because he’s hurting & is trying to keep From being vulnerable or feeling any attachment anyone so he doesn’t get hurt? He has really started behaving like an irresponsible 15 year old “jock”. That is not the man I met and fell in love with, and every now and then I’ll see little glimmers of the man that I knew.

Do men act the opposite of how they feel? Push away a woman they care about because they are scared to death to actually get what they always wanted?

Dang…wrote another novella. Sorry pal!! We’ll have to get together for a “pretend” lunch! Haha! Thanks for all your work!! Toodles poodles

3. admin

July 19, 2013 at 2:19 am

Tell you what, just email me.

Allie

July 23, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Will do. BTW-I found out that my ex’s best friend called her “Swimfan” in a FB comment thread. She replied back & asked what he meant by that. He told her (& everyone else in the thread) to look it up on Netflix. Even his best guy friend thinks she’s a psycho stalker! WTH?

5. admin

July 24, 2013 at 4:14 am

Thats great news for you!

Allie

July 18, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Dang. I should’ve proofread that. Sorry…it was like 3 am. I wish I could shut off my mind!! In addition to addressing the above questions, may I run his “mixed messages” through your dude brain for evaluation? It’s very helpful to have your take on his thought process… I know you’re swamped with comments all over the site & I don’t want to abuse your time & advice. If so, would smaller chunks of info in bullet points help? (You seem very organized & to the point…& I can “list” stuff in the interest of time even though I keep getting wordier in these threads!!) would emailing be easier for you? I’m not sure if they are officially dating. She gives the impression they are pretty much engaged or living together (texted that to some other chicks in another state that were working a show for him. His best friend said he really looked surprised & told the girls he’d gone out with her a few times & was crazy & ignore her. That was a couple months ago & I know he’s since gone to her friend’s lake house for a weekend, he’s taken her fishing (as we would do when I was out there), they work out together, etc. BUT…I know he’s gone out with other girls, he met up with me & our son for a few days a month ago, he tells me very intimate things (& is sometimes brutally honest about his feelings & what he’s been doing). We did sleep together. Don’t drop you jaw. :). The last time we had seen each other, I had just had a Csection. We’re too far apart & I wouldn’t do FWB. I initiated it…we broke up in April over the phone, so I guess one could view it as breakup sex. There was part of me hoping it would draw us together emotionally. Sorry! It doesn’t seem like I’ve written that much!!! I don’t want to take advantage. So…is emailing better for you? I can list info & a few questions at a time.

Is it possible I still have what’s left of his heart no matter who he tries to fill his time with?

Have a great day!

Allie

July 17, 2013 at 12:24 am

Btw-he said when he saw me in person & in pics that I look better than ever & still catch his eye. I’m 20 lb lighter than when I learned I was preg.

8. admin

July 17, 2013 at 6:49 am

Allie, AWESOME just AWESOME. It always makes my day hearing stuff like this.

Allie

July 18, 2013 at 6:29 am

You’re sweet! I wish I could say it was because I was hitting the gym, but honestly it’s a combination of being too busy to cook like I used to since I’ve been abandoned by the baby daddy, stress & “happy” pills that have appetite suppression as a side effect! Hey…I’ll take it where I can get it! ;). And yes-I need to tone up since I lost baby weight plus 20 lb in less than 5 mo. Funny you discuss physical improvements…as I was “preparing” to see him last month, my girlfriend said I needed to be like Sandy in “Grease” when she goes from being the sweet girl to the chick in Spandex at the carnival to sweep Danny off his feet. That movie is on right now!! Sadly, I didn’t have the same effect as Sandy did. 🙁 I looked the best I could (& he told me I looked great) but there was still a lot of tension, awkwardness & hurt feelings on both sides. The Indians would’ve shot him for all the mixed signals he was sending! Grrrr.

10. admin

July 19, 2013 at 1:48 am

Grease is awesome and Sandy is HOT! And if I think she is hot then other guys will too!

LAVENDER

July 16, 2013 at 3:56 am

i just broke up with my ex boyfriend a month ago, iam the one who dump him coz i get bored after 3 years. 2 weeks after that, he got a new girlfriend. later, i just realize his kindness and everything, but unlucky me iam too late to realize. i ask him to comeback to me and apologize because i dump him, but he says he can’t coz he has a new commitment rite now, with a new girl that i heard crazy about him alot. he still care about me, but he says we cant be a couple again, coz he has a new gf. just please.. please.. 3 years is too long, i really want him back. help me..

July 17, 2013 at 6:41 am

Sounds like he is in a rebound relationship. I can’t promise you that but that’s what it looks like to me.

Go NC on him and let time heal old wounds.

LAVENDER

July 18, 2013 at 2:23 am

iam in the middle of No Contact him now, it’s been a week now, ..so wht am i suppose to do after a month no contact him? i mean.. everything gonna be easier if he’s single, but he has a new one rite now. and he is a really nice guy who can’t break someone else’s heart.

3. admin

July 19, 2013 at 1:39 am

Well, you can contact him after a month and try to get back on good terms with him.

LAVENDER

July 20, 2013 at 11:37 am

so wht do u think? is text your ex back content can help me to get my ex back when he has a new girlfriend rite now?… i just can’t wait see the whole content… but i can’t.. every part of the module takes at least 2 days to open.. the e book says it is for a good way..in order makes the reader follow the every step and not jump.. do think the content can help me in my situation?

5. admin

July 21, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I think the content can help everyone because it is a unique look at male human psychology. Honestly though, I am working on something that is going to blow text your ex back away (and you will not have to wait two days for it to open up.)

LAVENDER

July 19, 2013 at 3:57 pm

i just bought the ebook “Text you ex back” today. don’t know the full content yet, coz the material can be open during some days, step by step, of course u know it rite?.. i just hope there is a content about my case in there.. coz my case little bit different.. i mean it’s quite difficult to make my ex boyfriend back when he has a new one already,, eventhough iam the one who dump him.

7. admin

July 19, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Very cool! I am actually in the process of writing my own E-Book for this site Lavender. It may take a while but I plan to make it even more comprehensive than TXB.

LAVENDER

July 19, 2013 at 4:42 am

how about his new girlfriend christ?! by the way.. the one thing that i curious, when iam doing the no cantact rule, no call, no text..but i still check and stalking his twitter and his facebook., is that allow?

9. admin

July 19, 2013 at 6:29 am

It’s allowed but it’s not recommended cause it will make you go crazy hahaha.

priah

July 15, 2013 at 1:13 pm

PLEASE HELP
    HI I HAD A RELATIONSHIP OF 2 AND HALF YEAR ,MY BOYFRIEND LOVED ME ALOT BUT WE REALLY HAD MAJOR FIGHTS,BUT WE NEVER CHEATED,ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS SINCE THE BREAK UP AND NOW HE IS DATING ANOTHER GIRL. I HAVE HEARD HE STILL CARES FOR ME BUT HIS GF HAS ORDERED HIM NOT TO KEEP ANY CONTACTS WITH ME NO MESSAGES NO PHONE CALLS.NOW WE DON’T EVEN EXCHANGE SMILES WHEN WE SEE EACH OTHER.

July 15, 2013 at 11:36 pm

WOW, YOU REALLY NEED URGENT HELP BECAUSE YOU ARE WRITING TO ME IN ALL CAPS. I THINK I WILL DO THE SAME THING.

SOUNDS LIKE RIGHT NOW ALL YOU CAN DO IS WAIT IT OUT AND LET THIS NEW GIRL DIG HER OWN GRAVE.

priah

July 16, 2013 at 5:33 am

Hi
      Thank you ! i was really scared & nervous , and yes i am waiting !the worst part is his family is very close to me, all his cousins love me.I tried talking to him like a month ago,but he was really rude,we even mentioned that i should move on.Its really hard for me to digest that he could ever say anything like that! i broke up with him , and then i realized how important he is to me, i even said sorry did everything that i should have done,our relation had too many ups and downs and i have always forgave him!I feel its like a revenge (my assumption). This girl is his family friend, she always liked him since we were dating and he knew this fact.The way he is behaving is really hurting:( ,we were so much in love!3 months and he loves someone else?that also 2 months we were in good talking terms calls text just this started from the very 1st of June.i dont know what to do ? thank you so much !!

3. admin

July 17, 2013 at 7:01 am

It’s not a popular answer but the best course of action is to calm down and go into No Contact mode.

sarah

July 15, 2013 at 4:39 am

Also….before this happened he wanted to drop the past because he did some mean things and I did drop it.so today after he tells me about these women he starts listing everything I ever did wrong from day one. Almost like he was justifying to himself and I the crazy quick change of heart.I wanted to work it out because I love him deeply and we have a baby together. But the ultimatum I gave him was to prove to me that my son and I would come first and he let me down again. What should I do? What are your thoughts on the quick change of heart and all the other women?

July 15, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Sarah, you signed the death warrant on your relationship the minute you gave him an ultimatum. THEY NEVER WORK and only hurt the relationship.

You have a kid together so that will always connect you no matter what. If I was you I would go no contact for a while. Let him work out whatever this new girl thing is. Try to focus on yourself and figuring out why you had all these fights. Was it because of him losing HIS temper or you losing yours?

sarah

July 15, 2013 at 4:28 am

So my ex and I were together for fouryears. It was an on and off relationship….more so on. When we would break up it was always stupid when we were together and broken up as far as I know he never messed with anyone in between and neither did I. We got back together then two weeks later I found out I was pregnant we stayed together the whole time and whenmy baby was 6 weeks old we got in a very dumb fight over. warminga bottle.he got so mad he left and went to his mother’s. Not the first time he did that butsince I had been prego yes. So I called him said now that we have a baby if you don’t come back tonight I’m done. He wanted a break…since I said that he moved I with his friend the next day. He would come over and visit my son one day a week. He managed to convince me to get back so we did. Well since he had left and moved with this dude so fast I couldn’t get it out of my head that he did that to me and his new baby. So I broke up with him when I had a rush of emotion one day.my son was4months old. We did the whole court deal. He did a lot of nasty things I dropped for my son.he tried getting back with me one month after we were speaking again. I wasn’t sure but had sex with him like a dummy. Then I agreed to work on things. We got I agreed a small disagreement and he just left my house so again I told him I can’t deal with it it’s done. He tried to come back but after he was already home. I don’t think he should have left at all. So the other daythings happened and he said he thought it was true love. We had issues with him choosing friends over me before and I didn’t care if he hung with them just not all the time. So the day he said that I said if I told you I wanted to work on things would you ditch your friends for me. He said yes I planned a lot to fix the issues he had with me and I had with him. Well he didn’t ditch them for me. Of course I got crazy mad and told him if he didn’t that was it I wouldn’t normally ask but it’s something I really need from him to get over a few things and move forward. So the next day he txt me real nice. We got into conversation and he told me he had a date that day two more this week and is meeting a girl from high. School he feels is the one what got away….I didn’t get mean stayed very nice and wished him luck but it broke my heart.I have no idea what to do. The day before he tells me one thing and the next day I’m yesterday’s trash if this helps…I’m 27 and he is 36. I need advice so bad at the moment I don’t know what to do. Sorry so long….sidnt know howto make it shorter.

debra

July 14, 2013 at 6:46 am

me and my ex were together for a long time, and he loved me more than anything else and did everything for me. But his best friends were jealous and corrupted his mind, and set him up slowly with another chick while I was outta town. Then, they created fights amongst us and got the other chick to “comfort” him. After that he started generating feelings for her and eventually called me saying that his feelings for me ” decreased” and he wanted a break up. He didn’t say anything about the other girl. Later his friends corrupted my mind telling me how he cheated on me and what a jerk he was, we had agreed on being friends but after hearing this I didn’t even want that. Much later I found out he never cheated but he just started dating her after his best friend tried to ask me out.
    and I want him back now. we had serious fights and he thinks I’m an immature bitch.

July 15, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Well, your ex needs time. Time to get on an even plane with you again, and time to figure out if this new relationship is what he really wants.

Veera

July 14, 2013 at 3:58 am

Okey, I send my ex an e-mail couple days ago and after couple of days i got an answer. My e-mail was kinda funny, and i told him how i suddenly remembered him. He answered nicely and even recommended me a phone that could be good for me. I thanked him and ask has he bought grill that he planed. No answer yet. So what do you recommend, if he doesn`t answer when do i make my next move?

Veera

July 14, 2013 at 11:00 am

okey, Today I accidentally met my ex on the street. He was like, i didn´t recognize you, we talk a while and when i asked how he was, he kinda didn´t tell me anything. he didn´t look me in the eyes. i told he looked good but he didn´t tell me that back (and i looked good). He was very arrogant. Whats should i do next? please help me!!

2. admin

July 15, 2013 at 6:01 am

He could just really be scared of you b/c of a painful breakup

Veera

July 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm

maybe. but only time he looked very happy, was when i told him he looked good. am afraid that one day he takes me for granted, that i will be there for him. i was very flirty, when we met, and he was jealous, maybe i should do that again? be the one he fell in love with.

4. admin

July 15, 2013 at 11:41 pm

YES, but what caused you to lose that girl? during your relationship I mean.

Joanne R

July 14, 2013 at 2:48 am

Hi my boyfriend of a year an two months ended it because I borrowed money from my ex an I accepted a phone from him for Christmas which I told him my brother bought it for me he said hurtful things to me like he regrets being with me an with only a month apart he has someone new who he introduce to his parents an they all went out together what do I do

Joanne R

July 15, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I think I want him back is that wrong my chest fells like its crushing sometimes I can’t breath

2. admin

July 15, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Well, before you try to get him back make sure you try to cool your emotions off a little bit. Going after him when you are emotionally this much affected isn’t going to go well.

3. admin

July 15, 2013 at 5:59 am

Right now all you can do is implement the no contact rule and work on making yourself a better “version.”

Please help

July 12, 2013 at 7:32 pm

My ex and I were together for a year and a half. We got along great and barely had any fights. We broke up about 3 weeks ago, and it’s been really hard. He gave me reasons for the break up, that I didn’t talk to his family (we always hung out at my place), and near the end we got really boring. I didn’t want to do things he wanted to do, we just watched movies everyday.
    Anyways, over the past 3 weeks I hate to admit it but I have texted him almost pleading with him to reconsider; that I can change everything that was wrong in our relationship.
    I just found out however, that he already has a new girlfriend. He said he had feelings for her while we were together near the end, but never did anything. So literally the day after we broke up they starting talking and were official less than a week later. He promised me that there was no one else, but there was the whole time.
    I’m scared because I feel that I do not stand a chance.. From what I can see they are very happy, she gets along with his family (they work together at a family business).
    I should also mention that I was his first girlfriend (we are 19 now). We were very happy together except for the last little while of our relationship. I stopped showing him affection and giving him attention. When he broke up with me he cried quite a bit, which makes it hard for me to understand seeing as I have only ever seem him cry once before.
    I did react badly when I first saw he had a girlfriend (I found out online), and I called him. We met up and I gave him back all the cute things he gave me. I did cry, but I did not speak badly about her. Everytime I hve tried to talk to him he says something like, “I’m sorry but this is how I feel, and nothing’s going to change it”.
    Is there any hope for me?
    What should I do?

July 13, 2013 at 2:16 am

Right now all you can do is wait it out.

Please help

July 13, 2013 at 2:41 am

Should I just obey the 30 day rule? Then initiate contact, and follow the text message examples you gave in an article? Right now I don’t want to consider not getting him back an option..

3. admin

July 13, 2013 at 2:43 am

Yes, I would say do that exactly.

If you email me later down the road I can help you with the texts. However, it may take me a while to respond b/c I get an insane amount of emails every day.

Please help

September 1, 2013 at 12:13 am

Ok so I have not contacted him in almost 2 months and he has not reached out to me at all.. All I ever hear is how happy the two of them are together, they are constantly together and are even planning to move in together within the next 8 months. To me it looks as though he has completely forgotten about me.
      Should I even try contacting him? Or is it too late for me?

5. admin

September 1, 2013 at 4:50 am

Why not. You have nothing to lose.

Please help

July 13, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Thank you for your help. Considering all your experience in this area does this situation sound hopeless? It feels hopeless. Does this new girl sound like a rebound or is she the real deal? He said he started to fall for her after the fight we had.
      Thank you for listening!

7. admin

July 15, 2013 at 5:33 am

Well, Let me tell you that every situation feels helpless. Usually the women with the most success though are able to keep their emotions in check and be extremely disciplined.

I would say that the situation looks like a rebound to me. However, the issue is how long will they last?

Please help

July 12, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I should also mention that we did have a fight a week before we broke up. I had said that he holds me back, I was drinking and did not mean it. He said that that was our turning point. But other than that there were no warning signs. He was still at my house every day leading up to the break up, and he seemed fine.

Judy

July 12, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Hello,

My ex and I were together for five years. I loved him dearly and still do, but the last year of our relationship we sunk into an unbearable depression. We were both miserable. It showed in how we treated each other and how we treated ourselves. He didn’t want to be around me, I was sad most of the time, and both of us stopped caring about our physical appearance and lost all ambition.

Let me back up and explain how we got there. I fell in love with this guy the very first time I saw him. We met in a professional setting. He was in a position where he couldn’t date me without being fired. But our attraction for each other was so strong we started dating secretly. I made the first move. On our first date he fell asleep in my arms and I whispered that I loved him. On our second date, the following day, he told me he wasn’t asleep and that he loved me too. So the first year and a half of our relationship was a secret. Then I went somewhere else and we started dating out in the open.

I suffer from depression and social anxiety. Due to other cases of mental illness in my family as well as a bad experience with a therapist I saw briefly in high school I was afraid to seek help. So I had my problems entering the relationship. He, on the other hand, is an extremely social guy with millions of friends. He likes going out and being the center of attention. He seeks out companionship and thrives on connecting with others. That’s one of the things I liked so much about him. Opposites attract right. I saw how he was in life and wanted to be like that too.

Most of the time I could keep my depression and anxiety in check, but at other times I couldn’t. Not a few months in he started to realize how “shy” I was and did his best to help me. I became friends with all his friends. He encouraged me to do things I’d never have done before. But on occasion I just couldn’t be that social person he wanted me to be. He’d try to help me along in social situations when he’d see I was uncomfortable. He’d give me pep talks while I badmouthed myself. I began to imagine that he was embarrassed of me. Completely untrue, he was just trying to help me. Also, because the first year of our relationship was a secret he didn’t see me function as his girlfriend in social settings, so my “shyness” got worse with time not better.

Year three is when things got really bad. Let me give you an example of some of my behavior. For Thanksgiving he invited me to his parents house, who are such wonderful, loving people, to have dinner with a large portion of his family (about 25 people). I freaked out thinking that they wouldn’t like me, they wouldn’t think I was good enough for their son, that I would make an irreversible mistake, etc… So I lied and said I was having dinner with my family. I told my family I was having dinner with his family. I spent Thanksgiving alone. Being the wonderful guy that he is he kept calling me to make sure I was having a great Thanksgiving. I didn’t answer the phone because I didn’t want to lie to him again. Worried, he called my father. My father told him I wasn’t there. He drove over to my house later that evening (2 hours away). His mother packed up a Thanksgiving dinner for me, and he sat with me in the middle of the night and forced me to have a Thanksgiving. I can remember him holding my hand and talking to me about my problems while I ate that delicious meal. I think that was the first time he realized how serious my problems were.

But my depression and anxiety went in phases, so for months everything would be fine. We’d have fun. I’d go out. We were perfect. Then I’d get into a depressed phase and things would go downhill. I don’t think either of us recognized these cycles. We’d just either be the happiest people on earth or be fighting and spend a lot of time at home instead of going out.

So my reclusive behaviors continued to happen. He’d invite me to hang out with his friends, go to parties, etc. And I would make up some excuse not to go. For him it was almost as though he didn’t have a girlfriend during those periods. That’s when he cheated on me. Year four. I found a text message on his phone by accident. He was in the bathroom and his phone went off. I picked it up to give it to him and saw that it was from a girl and she was asking about tickets to see something together. I asked him about it. He said it was nothing.

He started acting weird after that. He became distant and defensive. I looked at his email and found emails from this woman. I never thought in a million years I would ever invade his privacy. I just wanted to understand what was happening. The emails were pretty innocent, so I told myself I was crazy for thinking those things of him. But the emails also told me she was working with him. One night after going out with a friend I stopped by his work around 11:30pm. He was there with his boss and this other woman hanging out. He introduced me and my friend to her and we hung out with them for a little while. She was really cool and I convinced myself again that I was crazy. They were obviously just friends.

(Side Note: Another issue with our relationship was that his boss was also his best friend. This friend was really hurt when they found out we had been dating in secret. They hated me for a very long time, so I did not feel comfortable being involved in the work side of his life. It was hard to support him and get involved in the things he cared about. I also knew that he and this boss had some sort of relationship together that was more than friends at one point. Anyways his boss/ best friends hated me. And it was really apparent whenever I tried to be a part of his professional life. Which is difficult because we both work in the same field. Already being insecure, that made me feel bad about myself too and caused several fights between us. I thought he should have stuck up for me more. And sometimes he didn’t invite me to work things if this boss/best friend was going to be there.)

Back to the story of the other woman…The following week there was a party at his work. I went with him. We were having a good time until I saw the way she was touching him. I waited until the party was over and we were walking back to our car to say anything. In fairness to him, I sort of attacked him and demanded to see his cell phone. He throw his cell phone. I went and picked it up out of the street. He broke his car door because I wouldn’t get in the car. We almost broke up. But right on the spot we made up. I told myself the other woman was just a friend. Then one night he came over to my apartment and before we went to bed he placed his cell phone behind my bookcase. Odd behavior. So in the middle of the night I got out of bed and looked at his phone. There were seductive pictures of her on his cell phone. She was practically naked. I woke him up and we fought. He said she was interested in him, and she was sending those pics without his prompting. Then he admitted he made out with her one night after work but that was it. I still don’t know if he slept with her. I decided it didn’t matter and I forgave him. He didn’t do anything like that again.

Our relationship continued over the next year. We still thought we were going to marry and live our lives together. His mother told me at Christmas time they were looking for a ring. But, I had told him not to ask to marry me until I graduated from college. He asked me to move in with him. I said yes and then chickened out at the last second. We were still having problems. I had trust issues now. I was still falling into reclusive behavior, which increased because of these trust issues. He began to work more and more. We still loved each other, but fought all the time. He spent much of our time trying to instill self-confidence in me and dealing with my problems. My depression was the worst it had ever been, and I was no longer willing to be truthful and share that with him. I became suicidal and he didn’t have a clue I tried to take my own life. We were unhappy. Our relationship was poisoning us both.

After a year of living like this I broke up with him. I felt in my heart that he wanted to break up too, but was too much of a coward to hurt me. So I let him go and started to work on myself in a serious way. We remained in contact for three months after. Then all contact stopped for two months. I emailed him six months after the split that I missed him. He told me he missed me too. He said he agree that breaking up was the right thing to do. That we both had things we needed to sort out. That our relationship in the last year was extremely unhealthy. He told me he still thought we were soul mates and that I was the love of his life, but that that doesn’t mean we get to be together. But he also made me believe we were going to try to get back together.

During this time, after our split, I got help for my depression and social anxiety. I am a completely different person now. I made a whole new set of friends and go out all the time. I went on a trip outside the country and have done a lot of traveling within the U.S. Things I would have never done before. I joined several student organizations at my university. I graduated. I lost twenty pounds (the weight I had gained in that last year.) I’m running a ten mile race soon. I’ve taken on several other challenges I would never have done before. For instance, leadership roles. I also came to the realization that many of the little things I used to complain about in our relationship don’t matter anymore. They weren’t important. My values have changed drastically. I am more clear on what is truly important in life.

I know the saying is that people don’t change, but I really have. I seek out people now when I get sad instead of hiding away. My friends get me through the bad times. I don’t go it alone anymore, and the dark periods are shorter and less painful. My anxiety is completely gone. It took losing the love of my life and hitting rock bottom to change. I’m so much happier now. The only thing that is missing is him.

Less than six months ago I found out he was dating someone else. I made the mistake of calling him and asking him about it. After all, I was mistakenly under the impression that we would try to work things out. He had a long talk with me on the phone about how he thought I was wonderful and to keep changing and improving myself, but that I have to do it for myself and not for him. In an email a week later I told him I would fight for him. Then sent one asking to be just friends. He said he defiantly still wanted me in his life, but we both agreed we weren’t ready to be friends just yet. I also must admit I sent one drunken text a while back. He wrote me a very considerate email in response to it.

Two months ago this woman became his girlfriend. And through social media I have found out that he is doing all the things with her that I had complained he didn’t do for me in our relationship. It is very painful to see pictures of them together. When that happened I decided it was clear he was over me and I needed to move on too. He didn’t want me back. He was happy now. I fear he will always remember me as the sad, unhappy person I became in the last year of our relationship.

For the past two months I have been dating three guys on the regular. (Based on our recent communication, my ex thinks I have a boyfriend now too. I guess a mutual friend of ours saw me with one of these guys and relayed the info to him.) I however, want him back still.

I sent an email to him a few weeks ago explaining that I don’t resent him anymore for what happened, and that I saw the last year of our relationship from his point of view. I apologized for my behavior and apologized for not taking the time to understand what he was going through during that year too. I ended asking to be friends for real. He wrote back that he was very happy to get my email and that we should be friends. We are going to start by seeing each other in a group social situation. We haven’t seen each other since September. He wished me luck in the project I am working on, and says I have his support. He also recommended me for a job he’s working on. Last week I got an email from him saying we should meet for coffee and exchange our stuff. We never got our stuff back from each other.

So my questions are: Should I try to get him back? Or let him go because he seems happy with his new girlfriend? Do I even have a chance at getting him back? If he doesn’t want me back, do you think we can truly be friends?

Truth time:
    I have pretty much initiated all contact in the past six months. But he always responds in a thoughtful and caring way.
    He has introduced his new girlfriend to his family. They seem to like her a lot. Which makes me strongly believe it’s not just a rebound. That and the fact he also waited about seven months before he started dating.
    I have a secret fear that if I was to get back together with him. I might become that unhappy person I was before. I can’t go back to being that person. I hated that person.
    My family and friends think I’m better off without him.
    He once told me when we were together that all his ex-girlfriends end up wanting him back.

Sorry that was soooo long. I just wanted to give you the info because I think the next few months are make or break for me in this situation. I don’t want to lose him. I could really use your help.

Thank you. 🙂

July 13, 2013 at 2:42 am

Wow, that was long.

Honestly, if he is dating another girl then all you can really do at this stage is the no contact rule.

Eventually if you want to initiate contact then you can try out some of the stuff on this page.

But why would you want to go back with someone who makes you an unhappy person, or that you will have a fear of becoming an unhappy person again?

Samantha

July 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Me and my ex broke up a couple years ago and both started seeing new people shortly after and remained friends. Ive been the girl He Goes to whenever he has a problem that he needs help with. It’s been a while since we seen eachother so we hung out last night at his place and it felt like old times we talked about everything including that his and his girlfriend have taken a step back into an open relationship due to going away to collage but he still “loves her” but then while watching our favourite movie he pulled me closer to cuddle and kissed my forehead and nose and told me how he forgets why we broke up. He kissed me goodnight before walking me to my car when I left and I just don’t know how to get him to end it with her completely. He’s still the same amazing guy I was inlove with before.

July 12, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Yea…. umm…. hes trying to set you up to be a friends with benefits type of deal.

Unfortunately, the only way to get him to end it with her is if he chooses to do so and ultimately that is up to him.

selina

July 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Me and my bf of one year just broke up.we already had a rocky relationship due to my trust issues and him not putting much effort.though we would break up he would always come back to me really soon saying we’ll be ok but recently I found out he has been sending msgs n calling another number apart from my number while he was on a holiday in another country.I found out the number is his uni girl mates. She wasn’t happy to find about our relationship and they say they r just friends but he’s broken up with me because he says its too hard to go on.this girl n him live in th same city and I live in another.I made the mistake of begging. And he said he will contact me after a month.he said he isn’t talking to the girl anymore when I mentioned her and if everything is ok he wont ever talk to her.what should I do? Im afraid he could be lying to me and continue seeing her and me if they are more than friends

Mississippi!

July 12, 2013 at 7:11 am

Thanks for the article and ur blog is well worth a read. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 4years and couple of weeks back he dropped the bad news that he wants a break for about 3 months. He says he wants to date other women before he settles down. He said its not bcuz he isn’t sure about us, even if he was sure he wud still want to go dating. From what he said I feel he would come back to me after 3 months but how can I increase my chances. The 3months are going to be pretty much no contact. I said to him it’s upto him if he wants to initiate contact cuz the break is his idea. We r in good terms and we still love each other. I don’t see any major reasons as to why he wants to go off dating all of a sudden.

July 12, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Hmm…

Well, what I think you need to do is spend the three months making yourself the sexiest version you can! Get in shape, if you aren’t already, new haircut, new clothes the whole nine yards. Also, it’s ok for you to go on a few dates as well. If he catches wind of it he may get a little jealous and that isn’t a bad thing in this case.

Megan

July 12, 2013 at 5:19 am

Me and my boyfriend had been dating for 9 months and we both lost our virginity to each other so we have a connection. I never wanted to lose that connection with him but he broke up with me for a week and went off and kissed this other girl and then claimed that he was still in love with me and wanted me back. After many nights of him begging I reluctantly got back together with him. We date for another two months and again out of the blue he broke up with me. This time I had had it and was done. I started talking to this other guy but I realized that I still had feelings for my old boyfriend but now he’s talking to the girl he kissed and I want him back before he goes to her. What do I do??

July 12, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Hahaha No contact rule his butt!

1 62 63 64 65 66