3,807 thoughts on “Has He Moved On? How To Get Him Back If He Has A Girlfriend”

Kj

August 17, 2019 at 8:09 pm

My guy and I were in a so called relationship for about a year and a half. We did have lots of fights but we are just two very opinionated people. We always came out on the other side. We would talk, text and FaceTime more than once a day, everyday. We were pretty much even living together. He always said he didn’t want a girlfriend but we had the unspoken no dating other people rule. A few months ago I took a new job which has me based on the other side of the country but I’m able to and do fly home every week for a few days. A few weeks ago he went on a 2 week backpacking trip and ended developing feelings for the girl he went with. He told me that we had grown apart and that I left. But that’s not true. Things were still working up until the last week of his trip. He told me he’s invested in this new girl and trying things. I know that couldn’t have been the end for us and I know things would work if we got the chance but I’m at a loss of what to do. He’s pretty much blocked me from all his social media and life. Please help!

NH

July 30, 2019 at 6:46 pm

So my ex and I broke up almost 2 weeks ago. He said it was because of the distance 3 hrs. Before we broke up he said he wanted space from things so I tried but he kept messaging me and I would respond and sometimes attach to hard when I don’t think he was ready. Finally I got upset at him one night when he was being short witty me and he broke up with me. He kept saying distance and the space i didn’t give him. Well I found out 2 days after the break up he was going on a date . I asked him about it and he said he had only been talking to her for a few days before we broke up. We have talked 3 times since the breakup the last time being him completely saying he hated himself and karma was going to get him and he was so sorry he hurt me but he couldn’t try anymore. I love him so much but with this new girl I know he’s dating and everything I don’t know what to do! Help please

Amee

July 28, 2019 at 9:41 am

I met a European (divorced) guy online (I’m from Asia) through a professional site. He reached out to me, introduced himself and said he wanted to get to know me. We have known each other for two months. At first, I was just answering his questions (if I had a family, what my hobbies were, etc.) I was sort of going with the flow, but eventually, our conversations went deeper and romantic. We did not not have an actual labeled relationship, but we exchanged messages like that of lovers. Until he said he has already fallen in love with someone else – same nationality as his and same age. He said he wants us to stay in contact, as friends. But I want to get him back. After all, he was really interested in me before he met that girl. Is there a chance that I could win him back? Is it a good idea that we stay friends in hopes that he would come back to me when things don’t go well with the girl?

Unknown

July 10, 2019 at 12:29 am

Me and my so called bf,were together for 5 years,we never had sex,in 2017 somewhere we were planning to get married but then one of our friend ex came in picture to be friend with me,but then it was me my bf and her hanging put together,my bfs mom passed away last year and that is the time i believed they both had sex and they were seeing eachother since then behind my back, and this year he left me for her still keeping me in dark, and they are living together, and he is ready to marry her..due to religious and otherwise I preferred and waited to have sex with him after marriage but this girl took the advantage as we both were fighting and he was in a weak position..but he insulted me alot last year and was somehow trying for me to leave him by myself without knowing the truth, despite all this i still love him! But he is scared of that girl…sometimes he give me mixed signal i tried no contact,i just dont know what to do….i really want him back, he is living with her, aswell as working at the same place..i did all the wrong things at first,then applied no contact and now we were in contact again, but again he is not the one chasing me..and he is not ready to lose her….but at times he does say if she wants she can leave him……i didnt wished him birthday and when i talked to him he mentioned that how upset he was and that he kept telling that girl that i will call him but i didnt, after a month it was my birthday and he did same thing,but i went to holiday by myself, and later when i came back i called him to get some of my money back that he borrowed and then again we got in touched,and that is when i mentioned about my trip he was shocked..we met after that he kept holding me and saying how things would have been different and that he might come back…he is the one who cheated and lied left me, and i am still the one begging i want him to chase me and want me and realise what we had was special.

Shiloh Seglin

July 8, 2019 at 9:05 am

Hi I started the whole thing. I told him he had to do something or leave. Then I went to work. I cant be on my phone at work. He texted me a few times but I cn ouldn’t really talk/ And I was very mean to him but I still expected him to be there when I got home. well he wasn’t. He had moved out. I was mean to him when I texted him because I was so hurt he left.. Accused him of cheating. He stoped responding to my texts. I went to his work. He te. xted me said he had started dating a girl at work. She had started morking there in the past few weeks. He has given me the silent treatment before for days so I was agin hurt and surprised. He does live about an hour from me. I went home and cried myself to sleep. As it turns out I missed a few texts from him when i wokeup but he wouldn’t respond. A few days later there was a picture of the 2 of them. I was so hurt I blew up his phone then he blocked me every where except his phone. I continued to blow up his phone. Finally he sent me a text saying he loved me but was not in love with me anymore. He had moved on and I needed to also. Plus he said it hurt way to much to read my messages. I have sent him more texts he ignored two . other times. This happened 5 or 6 weeks ago. I have been pretty sucsessful for the . few week with the NC rule. I have since relized he did not block my son. He has posted a few things he wanted me to see. Hurtful stuff directed at me and he never puts stuff up. The crazy part is we would have been celubrating our 2 year annivursery in a few days. They haven’t even known eachother 2 months! Should I continue with NC or what?

worried

June 24, 2019 at 5:54 pm

My ex and i were together for 15 years. In 2012 he left me and went to live with another women. We got back together but the trust was gone. Since then its been up and down. We bought a house together a couple years ago. Then he started all the same tell tell signs he did in 2012, and i found out he was doing it again. when confronted he moved in with her. Part of me wants to see him rot in hell. Another part still loves him, but the worst part is the house, i need his financial support to keep it and now im stuck. Is there anything i can do?

Kristin

June 23, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Hello Chris,
    I’m Kristin me and my ex were off and on for a year and a half, I broke up with him for lack of consistency, then sometimes he would be hesitant about getting back together when we spoke of it saying we fight allot, so they had a festival that came up and he knew he hurt me and decides he is going to announce in front of family and friends that I’m his girlfriend which it was a bad time due to us drinking and I was still mad at him from our previous conversations so I said no I’m not! He got embarrassed and walked off but that didn’t stop him from pursuing that night

June 23, 2019 at 3:02 pm

Hi Kristin….sounds like you might want to consider No Contact for a period of time. Check out my Program – EBR Pro Bundle for a complete approach to how you should navigate through all this.

Alyssa

May 16, 2019 at 1:02 am

To make this long story short, my ex boyfriend and I were friends for years because of mutual friends. We ended up dating and dated for 2 years. We lived together from day 1 but we had a very rocky relationship after the first few months. I moved back home after a year of living together because he kicked me out. Anyway, my ex boyfriend lost his father and ever since then he took his drinking and sometimes drug use to an extreme and took it out on me. He would verbally abuse me and go on serious benders for days and not remember anything. He even got himself in some legal trouble. I did everything I could to help him but he pushed me further and further away no matter what I did. There was cheating incidents on both sides but we both just let them go or until a fight happened and it would be thrown in my face even though he did the same thing. I know you’re reading this thinking why the hell would I want this relationship back and it’s because I know who he is and this isn’t him. The person I fell in love with is there somewhere I know it. He’s just going through something serious and refuses to aknowlegde the severity of it and get help. I’m actually afraid for his life now that he pushed me out of the picture. Regardless, the night we broke up, he asked me to move back in with him and then two hours later we got into a huge blow out fight (typical of us) and he ended it with me. He told me I do nothing but bring him down and he has to figure his issues out and can’t be in a relationship with me or anyone. I don’t get how I bring him down because why would you ask me to move back in with you not even two hours earlier. In reality I should have broken up with him. I stayed through everything he did to me. The breakup was horrible to say the least and he told me he never wanted to be with me ever again. A month later he called me to ask a question he could have figured out on his own and we had a civil conversation. The conversation then led us to text the next few days and we hungout twice. I even slept at his house both times. We had a really good time both times but he randomly decided it was a mistake seeing me and blocked my number. I then found out from mutual friends that he has a new girlfriend who has the same name as me and they’ve been talking for a month and a half. Everyone’s like that’s why he texted you because he thought it was her. Like first how crazy is it to be in a relationship that soon even after you said you can’t be in a relationship with anyone and with someone who has my name. Not to mention if they were dating for a month and a half already then he cheated on her with me twice. And if the texts were meant for her wouldn’t you think he would realize when I showed up and not her. He still calls me and texts me randomly but I can’t respond back since I’m blocked. He can contact me but I can’t contact him. I don’t know what to do. I’ve done the no contact and I am blocked anyway so I have no choice to do it but I just want us back. Is there even hope, is this girl a rebound, should I just give up? Clearly it’s not the best relationship currently but when we were good we were great and I have to believe this is just an issue he’s going through. Suggestions?

Alyssa

May 16, 2019 at 12:56 am

To make this long story short, my ex boyfriend and I were friends for years because of mutual friends. We ended up dating and dated for 2 years. We lived together from day 1 but we had a very rocky relationship after the first few months. I moved back home after a year of living together because he kicked me out. Anyway, my ex boyfriend lost his father and ever since then he took his drinking and sometimes drug use to an extreme and took it out on me. He would verbally abuse me and go on serious benders for days and not remember anything. He even got himself in some legal trouble. I did everything I could to help him but he pushed me further and further away no matter what I did. There was cheating incidents on both sides but we both just let them go. I know you’re reading this thinking why the hell would I want this relationship back and it’s because I know who he is and this isn’t him. The person I fell in love with is there somewhere I know it. Regardless, the night we broke up, he asked me to move back in with him and then two hours later we got into a huge blow out fight (typical of us) and he ended it with me. He told me I do nothing but bring him down. Which I don’t get because why would you ask me to move back in with you not even two hours earlier. In reality I should have broken up with him. I stayed through everything he did to me. The breakup was horrible to say the least and he told me he never wanted to be with me ever again. A month later he called me and we had a civil conversation. The conversation then led us to text the next few days and we hungout twice. I even slept at his house both times. We had a really good time both times but he randomly decided it was a mistake and blocked my number. I then found out from mutual friends that he has a new girlfriend who has the same name as me and they’ve been talking for a month and a half. Like first how crazy is it to be in a relationship that soon and with someone who has my name. Not to mention if they were dating for a month and a half already then he cheated on her with me twice. He still calls me and texts me but I can’t respond back since I’m blocked, so he can contact me but I can’t contact him. I don’t know what to do. I’ve done the no contact and I am blocked so I have no choice to do it but I just want us back. Is there even hope, is this a rebound, should I just give up?

Sarah FY

May 5, 2019 at 2:10 pm

I have been in a 9yr long relationship. Apparently, he slept with someone else he called his “bff” that I had my doubts on and then later dumped for I asked him to stop talking with her. He also have cheated on me a lot many times but I ignored as I loved him a lot. But he continued to manipulate me to get rid of him. I tried NCR but all in vain. We met up while attending a marriage and then spent 2 days together. I tried talking to him to mend things and that we patch up but after returning home, 2days later he dumped me again. I was destroyed and heart broken and then stopped being in contact with him untill two weeks before, I met him and then we slept together but then I reached home and he started distant again. Later I came to know that he has been seeing someone else for the last 4 months but he has the nerve to sleep with me. He now doesn’t want to talk or meet me. What should I do? It’s been such a long time with him that I can’t move on at all. I don’t know what’s going on in his mind. I tried asking him but he doesn’t speak up. I love him a lot and I want him back what should I do? Please help. I am in hell lot of pain.

Rebecca Bacon

May 4, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Me and my ex boyfriend were together for 8 yrs. We tried living together and did for 3yrs. He kicked me and my daughter out back in November but we would still see each othe. He broke up with me February 23rd of this year because of my anger, attitude, and insecurities. We did fight a lot but it was mostly about his son….who doesn’t like me. I have done so much for him and put my life and happiness on hold for him. On April 6th he told me that he had hung out with someone else and would probably do it again. He said he told me 4 or 5 months ago he was done which is not true. He has been seeing this new girlfriend for about 2 months I guess. They are spending the night together and together all the time. He recently started posting pictures of them on his story on FB. They both have me blocked. I still have some bigger things at his house and try to get stuff while he is not home. I ran into the other day at his house and he cussed me like a dog for no reason. I have been going to therapy for all my issues because I want me back and I can change but he keeps telling me I can’t and throwing it up in my face about the way I talked to him. He is being so mean to me and I try not to talk to him or be around him….and we work together. I still live him and care for him but he told me he really didn’t like me and hasn’t for a long time, he just tolerated me. Help me please!!!

May 5, 2019 at 1:35 am

Perhaps employing a form of limited No Contact might be the right medicine.

Jessica

April 8, 2019 at 5:15 pm

My situation is my ex and I been together more than 2 years in a long distance relationship,but he always has a school vocation and come to visit me 2months per year. Anw, we got too much memories but just sometime we fight and broke up like 3 times during this 2 years but we still end up getting back together. But this last time we broke up like only 3 months he already in a relationship with his new girl. But the things is even we break up we still chatting with each other and being friend, in this meantime I always ask him if he see and found other girl yet, he said he doesn’t he want to stay alone. And when I ask him if he still love me , he said he still love me. We still keep meet each other sometime. But in the last time I saw his comment with his new girl is a couple conversation, then i ask him what is this why you have been hiding me and why you don’t tell me the true then he said he doesn’t want to hurt me. What is I wonder is why he keep meet me and say he loves me while he got his new girl. Is it a rebound or what ? Can u give me an advise for this? To be honest I still love him so much.

Sylvia

March 30, 2019 at 8:40 am

Hey so i have a difficult case…i was with my husband for almost 6 years but for the last year we ended up getting a cps case against us and i left for that year to get our children back needless to say i was also pregnant and then when i was shipped off to my last program for 1 year he got deported so its been a year and im barley finding out that the entire time hes been deported and ive been sending him money and phones and clothes hes been with one of my ex friends for the entire year!!! So she takes him drugs every now and then but he tells everyone else hes only with me for our girls but to me he denys denys denys being with her…i want him back i want my old husband back who loved and cherished me…i know he still loves me but the drugs are consuming him..he tells everyone he is also just using the girl but ..i cant be to sure…i dont know what to do im being consumed with so much anger and rage..but i still love him…what do i do?!?! Im back up between the sword and the wall …ive been loving a lie for 1 entire year…what should i do..i still love him

Hannah

March 7, 2019 at 11:32 am

I was with my ex for 3 years, we have a 2 year old son together. We both had problems towards the end of the relationship and I developed severe anxiety. I broke up with him 3 months ago because the only way I could heal was to have time and space alone. He had a hard time with the breakup. Now I feel back to myself again and want to try and work things out. The only problem if that he has just told me that he’s been seeing someone for 6 weeks and that it’s going well. This has broken my heart, my anxiety and panic attacks have come back, I just don’t know what to do. I feel like I have no right to feel like this because it was me who ended things.

Angelique Nazareno

March 7, 2019 at 9:47 am

Also, my ex and I have so much common interests. While, he said, the girl he used to date during our first break up, they have very very little common interests. I have also met his whole family, even cousins, and almost always present in their gatherings when we were together. But the girl never met even his parents.

Angelique Nazareno

March 7, 2019 at 9:43 am

Please notice me and respond.

I broke up with my ex boyfriend of 2 years last year in May. He begged for me to come back and I didn’t heed him. After a month, I learned he was dating a new girl. Even while dating the girl, he kept on texting me every now and then. But I told him to stop texting as it was going to be unfair with his new girl. But then, he would text me again and then I would initially ask him back but then he would refuse, and then I asked him again to stop contacting me. As I read through your articles that I should do that. And that went on until September last year. During no contact period, he posted this girl twiced on social media. I heard he was speaking ill of the girl though thru our common friend. Until December last year, we finally met, after 3 months of NC, in an event hosted by our common friend. I said a simple hi and smiled which he returned too. After the event, he texted me that it was good to see me and all, days passed and he said he wanted to give our relationship another go. So since I still love him, I gave him another chance. He left the girl for me. And so, when we got back together, which only lasted for more than a month (he broke up with me this February 17, 2019) because he said I was too possessive and I’m stressing him out and putting so much pressure on him. I told him it was just a phase because he had another girl during our separated times and that it will eventually wear off as time goes by. At first he understood it and bear with me. We would fight over and over because of my jealousy. But the last one was the biggest fight of all that led him to break-up with me because he said he was now unhappy in our relationship because of my consistent jealousy. He said he wanted to be single and focus on himself and that he didn’t want to have relationship with anyone yet. He also said that I shouldn’t wait on him until he’s ready. Until recently I learned that he was communicating again with the girl he got involved with in our first break-up. I confronted him and asked about it, he said he was just apologizing to the girl because he felt guilty of leaving her out of the blue. But that he has no plan of dating her again, he was just feeling guilty, that’s all. And that for now he wants to be single but he said he’ll tell me right away if ever he will meet someone that he would date when he’s ready. Thats stings a lot. I want him back for the second time, but I’m worried he might get back with that girl. What should I do? Please respond. I need your help! 🙁

March 8, 2019 at 2:36 am

Hi there Angelique…I know its hurts. I think before you make any decision on how to proceed, you should put your energy to some healing and recovery. You have tried NC and yet he has still not been a reliable partner….now saying he want the single life. Take NC for yourself and make it all about you. You can’t control what he “thinks” he wants or what he will do. Take some time just for yourself should help you with gaining some perspective of the entire life cycle of the relationship.

Kate

March 5, 2019 at 9:03 am

My ex and I were an opposites attract couple. One of the problems we had was that we had were that we too much that I wanted/liked and not enough for him. Based on what I see on fb, he and his new girlfriend (not sure if rebound or not) are a lot more compatible than we were, and she is more adventurous/kinkier in the bedroom. We have kids and see each other a few times a week and get along well. Am I delusional to think we can get back together?

March 5, 2019 at 10:54 pm

I don’t think so. This other girl could very well be a rebound a time will reveal that soon enough. But meanwhile, you should be making use of an ex recovery plan, so take a look at my Pr gram!

Shay

February 13, 2019 at 12:15 pm

Hi
    how can no contact be productive if my ex has clearly moved on and has told me he is in love with her? we get on great but staying in contact clearly isn’t working but wouldn’t no contact just make him feel much more at ease and go forth pursuing this person?
    Thanks

February 14, 2019 at 3:36 am

Hi Shay! Consider implementing the “Being There” method. I talk about on my site, but you an reach out using my “Contact Form” (link at very bottom of each website page) to get more info about how it works for your situation.

Kim

February 12, 2019 at 9:18 pm

My ex and I have been dating for 3 years. We both always felt like we had a special bond and were each other’s best friends. Only I understood him and only he understood me. Everything was going great until I lost a lot of my close friends due to them having to move. About half a year later, in early 2018, my self esteem slowly began to fall, maybe because I didn’t have my friends around helping me. Then in the fall of 2018 I got so incredibly insecured with myself that I began bringing it into our relationship. My ex already had many many family responsibilities along with school and work, so I was just stressing him out more. I got so possessive, clingy, and got upset over every little thing. I would get mad at him and made him feel bad. He began to feel like he didn’t deserve me and felt like I would be happier with someone else. Then around December he started to develop a crush on one of his female friends. They had a good open friendship, meanwhile he felt closer and trapped in our relationship. This is what leads me to think that he only likes her because we lacked something in our relationship and he’s trying to fill up that missing piece. The girl he had a crush on actually had a crush on him in the summer or 2018 and when she confessed to my ex he didn’t feel the same way, in fact he felt it was best for them to stay distant until she feelings for him were gone. It wasn’t until we had problems in our relationship that he began to like her. The stress got to him and he broke up with me in mid January. It’s only been 3 weeks now but he’s already trying to be in a relationship with her. I’d really like to know your thoughts on this situation. It hurts so much because it’s one thing to lose a boyfriend and another thing to lose a boyfriend who was your best friend. And I’m currently doing No Contact! Any advice?

Tiffany

February 9, 2019 at 3:36 am

Hello Chris,
    My ex-boyfriend (29) and I (24) were together for 2 year with 1 year being long distance. We ended our relationship mutually and peacefully when we realized we were not going to live near each other anytime (I moved back to Illinois and he stayed in California) soon knowing both of us want marriage and children. We still have each other on all social media (Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram) and have not contacted each other since the break up 7 months ago. He is in a new relationship which began 3 months after our breakup. I personally have not thought out him during this time until his birthday on January 22, 2019 (Yes, I remember because it is in-between my brother’s and father’s birthdays). During our time of no contact, I have been doing a lot of self-care. I personally did the big chop in 2017 to go back to natural hair and working on my physical health losing weight. In 2018, I was 5’1″, a whopping 190 lbs, and waistline of 42″. Today, I have shoulder length curly hair (and growing) and now at healthy weight of 125 lbs with an hourglass figure (Bust 42″, Waist 21″, and Hips 42″). In addition, I have been given an opportunity to move back to California this June 2019, which would allow reconnection with my mother’s side of the family and college friends. A little background I was born and raised in California but spent my high school and post college days in Illinois because my immediate family and dad’s side of the family lives here. When I initially saw the first posting of their relationship, I was geuinuing happy for him to find a local girl who will love him. But creeping into the new girlfriend’s profile, as an ex would, I discovered she was single-mother with 3 kids and the complete opposite to me. I know I should not care but what I know from hours of our deep conversations about marriage, kids, and money I got a sense she was rebound until the relationship continued. He has stopped posting her since November 2018 but she posts about him (Yes, I creeped again to be accurate my comment). I thought in the 7 months of no contact I moved on from him and healed but really I just put my feelings on hold till I was at personal best (Hair, body, and financial goals). Now that I have reached my goals, I find myself thinking about him and us getting back together since distance will no longer be barrier come this summer. But I have not made any moves because as lady I will not be home-wrecker texting/calling him. If I put myself in her shoes and that would be a no go me if my man was texting/calling an ex. Yes, he still views my Instagram and Facebook stories every time I post but really could that mean other than him bored or just curious into my life post-him? I personally want to post my new sexy body on social media but that has never been style even before the weight. I also thought about posting my plans to move back but is 3 and 1/2 months so I don’t know. I want him back but I can’t tell if he wants be back after 7 months of no contact and his new girlfriend. Your thoughts of what I should do?
    Sincerely,
    Confused Ex-Girlfriend

February 10, 2019 at 1:06 am

Hi Tiffany!

That is a heck of a story! A lot going on. I have so much to say, but so little time. I recommend you dive into my 485 page ebook, “Ex Boyfriend Recovery Pro” as it hould help you in many ways whether you get your ex back or not.

1 2 3 4 66