“How can I be reasonable? To me our love was everything and you were my whole life. It is not very pleasant to realize that to you it was only an episode.” W. Somerset Maugham
It is said that when one goes through a breakup they go through a withdrawal period. Similar to that of a drug addict. It is also said that some breakups can be so devastating that you can feel a sharp pain in your chest. Similar to that of an heart attack.
Here’s my point.
Going through a breakup is not easy. Which is why I make an active effort to help out as many people as I can through this website.
That’s where McKensie comes into play.
You see, McKensie is fresh off a very painful breakup and finds herself at a point where she just wants answers for what the hell happened in her situation.
And that’s what this episode is all about.
Providing her with those answers!
I prepped for this episode for an hour before recording it because I really wanted to have something insightful to say since McKensie’s situation is pretty complex.
Video For Episode 58 (Why He Really Broke Up With You…)
How are the videos coming along in your opinion?
Slowly but surely the “Ex Recovery Headquarters” is coming to fruition. If you couldn’t tell we got this epic glass dry erase board with our logo etched into it,
Plus a pretty awesome logo sign so we have a more professional look around the office,
Honestly, I can’t wait until it’s done!
But enough of that. You probably want to hear about McKensie’s situation!
- She is currently on day 9 of the no contact rule
- She dated her ex boyfriend for a total of 9 weeks
- Both of them were 28 years old
- They got serious very quickly
- She was the first girl that he had ever introduced to his family (not sure I buy that completely)
- A few weeks after introducing her to his family he started acting weird
- He started saying “things just aren’t right” and broke up with her
- He removed photos of them on Facebook but left a few of her where she was tagged in but didn’t actually appear in
- Two weeks into dating he picked up two new roommates who were 22 and 23 years old
- He recently tested positive for a heart mutation
- Also, his workload is crazy
What We Talk About In This Episode
- The role of him testing positive for a heart mutation played in the breakup
- The “roommate factor”
- Why his workload is an important aspect to look at
- Taking Facebook pictures down is a common practice
- Not to read too much into the Facebook pictures
- Becoming the best version of yourself
- Do things that make YOU feel good
Important Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World
- The Grass is Greener Syndrome
- Ex Boyfriend Recovery PRO
- Our Podcast
Transcript For Episode 58