132 thoughts on ““Can I Text My Ex On His Birthday?” Let’s End This Discussion Right Now”

Sofie

October 16, 2017 at 5:25 am

Ok how about on and off relationships ?
    I have done the Nc rule before and it worked.
    Now we are going through breakup number 4. His birthday is in few days. By the time of his birthday it will be 1 month of successful no contact.

I was thinking of actually sending a very thoughtful gift that means a lot to him. But send no text message. So basically just arrange to have the gift delivered and thats it.

Question: Do i break the no contact rule by sending a gift? ( i know i will receive a message from him and planning not to reply)

Question 2: will my move of sending a very thoughful gift show that i am very desperate and available ?

October 16, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Hi Sofie,

Don’t send a gift nor greet him and extend to 45 days..

Arya

October 13, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Hi Amor,

Thanks for your reply. I somehow got through the day and did not respond to his text. I hope i did the right thing. Now should i contact him only after the NC period??

October 14, 2017 at 10:52 am

Yes, only after nc

Arya

October 13, 2017 at 5:51 am

Hi EBR Team,

My situation is reversed. It’s my birthday today and my ex wished me but I’m on the 16th day of No Contact. He dumped me around two weeks back. Should i respond back? I’m quite resolved to complete my nc period actually. I’d like your opinion please. Please help me, thanks.

October 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Hi Arya,
      I hope you didn’t..

Arya

October 12, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Hi Chris, my ex wished me a happy birthday but I’m on the 16th day of No Contact. He dumped me around 2weeks back. Should i respond with a thanks? I’m quite resolved to complete my nc actually but I’d like your opinion. Please help me, thanks

October 13, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Hi Arya,
      I hope you didn’t..

Arya

October 12, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Hi Chris, my ex texted me a happy birthday but I’m on the 16th day of no contact.
    He dumped me around 2 weeks back. Should i respond with a thanks? I’m quite resolved to complete my nc period actually but i would like your opinion. Please help, thanks.

October 13, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Hi Arya,
      I hope you didn’t..

Jade

August 18, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Thanks for this. My ex’s birthday is next week and I’m currently on day 5 of nc. He broke up with me last year I did nc and he apologized on day 10, then he broke up with my again last week and I’m going back to nc, I really do hope that he does come back, but for now I’m just going to focus on being the UG.

Lissa

July 27, 2017 at 8:18 pm

It’s been 4 months since my ex and I have had any contact. I broke up with him. He wished me a Happy Belated Birthday. And, said I hope you had a great day. Why would he send a message days after my birthday?

July 30, 2017 at 5:04 pm

That’s hard to say without knowing the history but most of the time it’s either he missed you, or something reminded him and he just greeted you

Suzanna

July 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Hey I have started NC again as I text him last week to say I am thinking of him and goodnight (not spoke for a week) he responded saying he’s thinking of me, hopes I’m well and good too (was something we alway said before we went to sleep). Since then I text him the following day, nothing then the next day after wishing him a good holiday, nothing again. So I started NC and on day 4 his birthday comes round. He’s current on holiday for three weeks on his own in a place full of memories of stuff we did there together for every holiday has been there for 5 years. My question is why send a text saying he’s thinking of me and should I wish happy birthday as I’ve not been a gnat ex xx

July 25, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Hi Suzanna,

because that’s human nature.. he would really still be thinking of you, that’s why you need to utilize this time to be active in posting and to stick in nc.. nope, don’t greet him.

Komal

July 19, 2017 at 3:48 pm

It’s going to be 90 days of no contact with my ex since he broke up as it was all my fault and now before Friendship Day I wish to be friends again with him. I saw him staring at me in the gym for 2 days. Now when ń how shld I approach him?

July 22, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Do just at least 45 days.. And then initiate contact

Roxana

July 10, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Hey Chris my exboyfriend birthday actually is in my 30 day no contact, I couldn’t resist I told him happy birthday, he was actually surprised and told me thank you, and that he wasn’t expecting a happy birthday from me that he really appreciate it, he actually sounded really happy. I just answer with a smiley face. Plus im still going to do my 30 days, actually on my 9th, never been the person who is a gnat to there ex. So thats why i texted. But yea my question is, is that a good sign the way he answered me?

July 14, 2017 at 8:33 am

It depends on why and when you broke up