2,484 thoughts on “What To Do If Your Ex Boyfriend Blocks You”

Jazmine Roland

June 11, 2020 at 11:58 am

My boyfriend & I broke up after 5 yrs the day my mom was rushed to the hospital a stroke put in ICU!! He wanted to go to a gathering hangout and not be supportive or be with me and my family. When I tried to talk to him he had nothing but excuses never apologized and said I was unreasonable. Then he blocked me.
    The relationship ended from this. He blocks me thinks he is right and I’m wrong. But he is saying the gathering was more important than supporting me and being there when my mom was put in ICU!! Not right!!!
    He was dead wrong.

Kate

June 8, 2020 at 10:33 pm

I’ve been dating a man for 6 months from another country. We have fallen in love and things have been good with a lot of open communication. He have had some fights and have been able to talk through them well. Last night we talked on the phone and things were good. This morning he woke me up with a phone call, telling me he needed to talk to me about something serious. Half asleep I listen as he told me that at the beginning of our relationship he was still flirting with another girl. He stated cheating, then said he was just flirting and it was for a couple of months. He told me he loved me very much and he’s only been with me since he stopped talking to her. I was shocked and didn’t know how to feel. I told him I needed to think. A couple hours later I was about to call him when he sent me a discord message. Basically telling me that he was sorry he didn’t make me happy and that or good and that he really really sorry for what he did. He said it was weighing heavy on his shoulders. That he’s a human being and needed to fix himself and be better than that. He said it wasn’t personal, he wanted me to be happy, told me not to be mad but he knows I will be but that seems like a good way to change himself. Signed it with all my love then blocked me, blocked me in the games we play together, then blocked some friends of his who play the same games. I have no way of contacting him except one game which I sent him messages asking to talk which he saw before blocking me there. I don’t know what to do or feel. I want to talk to him and fix thing if possible. I don’t know why he did this when he was the one who did something wrong. Not giving me a chance to have closure end breaking up with me in a message. Will he unblock me? He is breaking my heart right now and I know he still loves me very much.

Britt

June 1, 2020 at 1:57 am

So this is the third time he’s called off the relationship, he broke up with me and I was spending time with a mutual friend of ours and went to a nude beach with the mutual friend; well, after he said he didn’t want a relationship he comes running back again. So I was honest and told him what had happened. This was also after a relationship full of derogatory comments and threatening to hit me or actually choke me. Well he just recently blocked me after ending it again!! All I want is my happiness and life back!! I do still care about him and love him but I can’t handle the wishy washy or craziness!

June 1, 2020 at 10:09 am

Hey Britt, from reading what information you have given me I would suggest that you work on moving on from your ex as neither the relationship or him sound healthy which is not what you want to do if you want a happy life. The threats and abuse is not okay on any level!

Nancy

May 26, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Hey!
    So my ex and i had been passive aggressive to each other for the last couple of days. He said something that upset me and i threatened to block him, he then proceeded to block me. He completely blocked me everywhere!! We don’t have mutual friends. I want to go over to his house and just talk to him about everything we had both been passive about. I know i made him upset when i threated to block him but i feel like if i went to talk to him we could just talk it through

Arlene

May 25, 2020 at 8:30 am

I did the NC right aftwe i begged and pleaded.. Then after 3 months i chat him on messenger just an inquiry if he’s okey.. Then he block me on messenger and facebook.. I was shock.. He was the one who cheated on me.. I dont stalk him but after he block me a mutual friend of ours sent me a screenshot of his post 2 days ago before i message him which says that the one he chose over me chose someone else. I dont mean to provoke him..

Gray

May 24, 2020 at 8:16 pm

I broke up with my ex 5 days ago, I feel I might have made the decision so soon… I miss him so much and I really do love him. We were going to be 3 years on the 26th of this month. We got into an argument, it was a very little issue but he said a lot of hurtful things about I, my family, he’s insecurities and my past. I was so hurt I broke it off. I just noticed he blocked me on all his social media application. What do I do? I really do miss him

June 1, 2020 at 11:25 pm

Hey Gray, you are forced to do NC while you are in a hard block, but you need to complete a 45 day NC where you work on yourself in that time. Then prepare for your reach out at the end of your NC hopefully by then you are unblocked, or you are going to have to try an alternative method of reaching out

Leila

May 22, 2020 at 7:13 am

I broke up with my boyfriend about 2 weeks now, I even changed my number. I must admit I do miss him even though the breakup was really bad. I still don’t understand and don’t know why since it was really from one day to the next things just changed. Anyway I tried reaching out through Facebook but message got delivered but not read. A couple days later I had a few drinks to where it led me to text him! I was very upset at myself when I sent the text and said to myself “why the hell you changed your number for”?. Of course he didn’t even reply so I left it alone, later the same night I endup checking the messages on Facebook just to see if the messages were read unfortunately is when I noticed I’ve been blocked!! Sad to say that even tho this isn’t the first time we break up I feel that now is really over between us. Everyone tells me he doesn’t deserve a woman like me because I’ve done so much for the relationship to work and he doesn’t make any effort so why bother to keep trying. Should I just let things be and move on?!!

June 1, 2020 at 10:47 am

Hi Leila so no one can tell you to move on or keep trying, apart from yourself. If you want him back then I would suggest that you start following the program but also look at your relationship and ask yourself were you happy and felt loved. As you say you did so much to make the relationship work. Try and pro and cons list regarding your ex and the past relationship. If there are more cons than pros then consider if you want to be in that relationship with this person again. Take some time to think about what you want in a relationship and a partner and if he meets those expectations

Shell

May 16, 2020 at 10:22 pm

He told me he was done, to move on & that I was crazy as i told him I think his talking to another girl as I saw something suspicious.
    I replied back with yeah your probably right I will move on as I can’t deal with this hot & cold behavior it’s not fair on me Iv stood by you and you know it.
    I then went to sleep and he tried to call me I didn’t hear it. I then noticed he blocked me on WhatsApp and Instagram BUT hasn’t blocked me on Snapchat and has viewed my story why has he done that? I haven’t reached out as I’m still pretty upset by everything.

Carla

May 14, 2020 at 5:23 pm

My ex and I broke up almost 2 months ago.
    It was mostly initiated by him, but he was passive so I pulled the trigger.
    It ended very kindly and respectfully, both acknowledging our part.
    We exchanged some nice text messages the following day, alluding that we would check in on each other at some point.
    We’ve had no absolutely contact in 8 weeks. I wanted to give both of us space, and he indicated that he wasn’t in a good place, so all the more reason to give it time.
    I notice that it looks like he blocked me on what app. We never used that as a platform for communication.
    Needless to say, I’m perplexed, especially given the way things ended and the fact that neither of us have chased the other person.
    Thoughts?

May 20, 2020 at 5:49 pm

Hi Carla, if you want to try and get your ex back then I do suggest you read some articles about the texting stage, while also working on your Holy Trinity. Him blocking you on Whatsapp may have been a way to stop seeing your activity on there, as with the recent changes he could see your image and your stories etc. Or he got into the dreaded habit of checking your last active.

I would suggest that you attempt to reach out with the style of texts that Chris explains through his articles to try and open a form of communication

Nokuthula

May 2, 2020 at 6:18 am

Hey Chris thank you so much for taking time and unlock this am one of the people who’s facing a challenge my boyfriend blocked me after an misunderstanding and it’s been three weeks in hell for me, am not a person who goes to his apartment without his invitation so I tried.using another number to text him.but he never responded. Am hurting but I try to be strong.

Aly

April 27, 2020 at 12:39 am

My boyfriend of 6 years ended things with me at the end of February. A few weeks went by of him still telling me he loved me and that it was hard on him but then about a month ago he started dating someone new. I’ve tried my best to not contact him but unfortunately we lived together and had a dog and two cats so it’s very complicated. I need to reach out in order to get my things and it’s been difficult trying to clear it all out because of the pandemic. He’s been very kind throughout most of this. He deleted me off Snapchat about two weeks ago but still answers when texted or called. I watched our cats over this past weekend because he was away. He’s frustrated that I haven’t gotten all my things out (and I get it, I just want to be done too) and I am officially getting it all tomorrow and will no longer be talking to him. Today he blocked me on Facebook, I’m assuming because he’s angry from our convo and that I haven’t been able to get everything and cut ties yet. Do you think there is any hope at all…

May 2, 2020 at 1:36 pm

Hi Aly, I would say that if you want to get this guy back that when you have removed all your items that you stop all contact, following a full 45 day NC and then start following the being there method. If anything I assume his frustration is that you are still around when he is trying to have a new relationship with this other woman. This is hard for you to be around so following a no contact is going to give him a change to pass the honeymoon phase and you a chance to work on your holy trinity and become ungettable before reaching out to him again

Anonymous

April 25, 2020 at 4:05 pm

We have been dating for almost 3 years and he has blocked me everywhere except mail. I chatted with a guy I knew from class. It was just a friendly chat but I didn’t tell my boyfriend about it. He often feels insecure because he thinks he isn’t enough for me. He said he didn’t like the fact that I hid things from him. So we had an argument that lasted for 20 days after which he broke up with me via chatting on Facebook and blocked me everywhere else. When I asked a mutual friend about him he said that he has a new crush on someone (which is a total lie to get back at me I know). He has access to my social accounts because he has my passwords. Should I change my passwords? Or keep letting him stalk my account? I know that he still cares and my instincts are not letting me give up on him yet because we’ve been with through a lot of hardships together. What should I do now? Should I let him go or keep waiting?

May 2, 2020 at 11:21 am

Hi there, first YES you need to change your accounts thats one thing you do not want him to have. He can view your accounts if you post things publicly, he can view them that way. You do not want to give your ex access to social media accounts where he can essentially post what he wants with your name. If you have not started yet, start following the advice for the No Contact Rule, – Holy trinity work, becoming Ungettable, working to be the best version of yourself. Do not attempt to look at any of his social media, or email him for at least 45 days.

Marie

April 21, 2020 at 2:46 am

My boyfriend and I have been arguing a lot lately. It was a lot for me to handle so I needed space from him. I went back to my parents’ house and didn’t tell him. We were on the video call all lovey-dovey and notices I’m not home, he hangs up, tells me to stay at my parents’. I apologized to him saying I didn’t tell him because I was scared he’d get mad, but he blocked me on everything.

Its not the first time he’s used the blocking tactic, but this is the first time he’s gone full-out on everything. It’s been 4 days of being blocked and I’m scared that this is the end.

He’ll usually say he wants to break up, but then a couple hours later will act like he didn’t do it. Before he blocked me, he was “breaking up” with me for at least three days in a row. I don’t know what to do and I just want him back.

April 21, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Hi Marie, it sounds as if your ex is in control of the situation where you need to change that. You need to then follow a 45 NC and an active one at that. Where you are working on your Holy Trinity and when your ex unblocks you and reaches out again like nothing has happened you do not reply unless it has passed your 45 day mark. This behavior is not acceptable to anyone and you should realise you deserve to be treated better than this

Shell

April 16, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Im feeling pretty down in the dumps right now and would love some advice.
    My ex has just gone and blocked me on WhatsApp.
    My ex text me out of nowhere and basically from what I red it didn’t sound too great at all and thought that was us done so I removed him off my Instagram didn’t block just removed. He got upset that I removed him and said that he was trying to say he wanted to try work on things. I honest didn’t know this I mis red the message completely I asked if we could have a phone conversation and he didn’t take me up on that offer. I left it 9 day before I reached out again and I apologized for the honest mistake I had made and that I hope him and his family were happy, healthy & that I saddly have lost my grandad due to covid / dementia.
    He red that message then few hours later decided to block me on WhatsApp. I really wasn’t expecting that at all. I feel his holding a big grudge against me and not sure what to do?
    He hasn’t blocked me on Instagram I have checked. Not sure sending him a message on there would be much good?

April 23, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Hi Shell it sounds to me that hes used this as a way to pass guilt for ending the relationship. The fact he blocked you after you asking how he is seems that he is not ready to speak to you civilly yet. Stick to a 30 day NC and then attempt to reach out again

Kay

April 15, 2020 at 10:40 am

Breakup took place on March 20th. Didn’t contact him again the 23rd. (The day he gave me back my stuff) The 23rd felt like the true breakup day. I was sobbing horribly and somehow got him on the phone and talked for an HOUR to get some reasons out of him. However, each relationship I’ve been in I never made it my SO’s responsibility to be in charge of my happiness and they are NOT my life. Men are not my PLAN A, they are an OPTIONAL plan. Each breakup I usually go through some physical transformation and sometimes learn from it. This is my first time I want an ex back. I did a no contact 22 day period (21 day orginally we had a short-term relationship and scored above average when I took the test. Wasn’t sure if the 30 day for me) On the 23rd of March I did sadly black out and send TONS of text messages that day. I didn’t call his phone off the hook or send more texts or reach out to him any shape way or form during the no contact, I even woke up in some days feeling like I really didn’t need him, but breaking the contact on April 14th I called and learned my number was blocked so I used the *67 rule and he picked up instantly gave him a quick 7 minute call and he actually cared if I was safe or not and heard what I had to say because the problems we found I saw were fixable. We have nothing but good memories and only had 1 “argument”. The argument didn’t have any yelling, name-calling, physical abuse, interruptions when one is speaking. It was his first relationship so I can’t bash him much. But learning he blocked my number though not on social media… I do think I maybe made the grave mistake of calling him asking “I want to get back together.” and the classic “Come back to me with an answer soon.”, instead of easing in first by contacting him with my unblocked area (Instagram). Of course I will respect if he never get’s back to me, men have selective hearing after all who knows if he listened to me and I loaded alot on him during that quick 7 minute here are the resolves to those problems we had. Though I’m worried…is there any way of saving this shot gun to the chest “Accept me or..well nothing is going to happen to you it would just be cool if you did?” Do I try to contact him via social media and try to test the waters with texting?

April 24, 2020 at 7:07 pm

Hi Kay after contacting him and being emotional I would suggest that you take a 45 day no contact where you focus on your emotional control. And then yes reach out with texts that are about his interests, not emotional at all and definitely not about getting back together. Just try to open the window of communication

Carley

April 7, 2020 at 9:54 am

My boyfriend aged (50) has split up with me for the 2nd time in 2 years because I hung up on him one night when he was paralytic, he text me in the morning which I replied back and in the evening I missed a call from him. He then blocked me on WhatsApp, so I sent him a messenger message asking why he has blocked me and he replied saying he isn’t playing my games anymore and then blocked me on Facebook and messenger. He is a heavy drinker so I’m actually not sure why he got so mad for me missing his call. I still have his key and he has stuff of mine at his house. I feel very upset and angry that he has done this. I don’t understand it and he always said he loved and idolised me to be then treated like this. I should move on shouldn’t I? But it hurts and I miss him. What should I do? I can’t contact him at all.

April 13, 2020 at 3:31 pm

Hi Carley, I would say this is very erratic reaction to someone not answering a call and then to end the relationship too is over reacting. I would suggest that you go with your gut instincts here, listen to your head not your heart as I think this behaviour is not going to change with this man

Norah

April 2, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Hy Chris, my boyfriend broke up with me infront of his friends and new gf and told me there’s no way we getting back together, we have a 2 and a half yrs daughter and im pregnant with his son, he knows about it and he told me i should terminate coz he won’t be involved in our son’s life, i last spoke to him the day he dumped me i haven’t contacted him yet but yesterday he blocked me on Facebook and i don’t know why, i love him so much we’ve been together for 5years, please help me

April 2, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Hi Norah as hard as these times are going to be for you, honestly, why would you want a man back who is treating you so badly, no respect and clearly doesnt care about his children either!! Heal from the heartache sweetie and look after you and your two babies they are all that matter. He will regret his decision one day but he sounds very selfish and immature

A.T

April 2, 2020 at 4:53 am

So, my boyfriend of 7 years ended things with me about two months ago because of my attitude. I Was all depressed because I’m about to turn 30, he felt I was judgmental, lost my drive to do things, and am not emotionally mature. Mind you I still live with my parents and he feels I want to be just like them which I don’t. So after the breakup I kept begging him telling him that I’ll change and that I’ll do my work and I even emailed him and he’s blocked me on everything and has been so cold towards me saying that he’s “moved on and has accepted it”, which I don’t believe at all. I truly love this guy and really would love to have another chance at our relationship.

April 9, 2020 at 8:50 pm

Hi AT so I would say that you need to work on your Holy Trinity, and then reach out to your ex after 30 days NC

Jane

March 29, 2020 at 3:48 pm

So, my bf and i have argued about something and he blocked me on fb. A week after i texted him and i asked for a break up. He refused and unblocked me after.
    It’s been 3 days since we started talking again and he’s acting like nothing really happend. But we are no longer friends on fb and he haven’t added me yet and it really bothers me .. I don’t know what’s on his mind..

March 29, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Hi Jane if you and your boyfriend are still together and he isnt adding you back on social media etc. I wouldnt over thing it took much. I know many people who do not list that they are in a relationship on social media as it is unimportant. As long as you are both communicating positively in person and through text, and you are getting better I would not let it effect how you rekindle your relationship after the argument

Lien

March 27, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Dear Chris, Dear Shaunna,

So I have been dating this guy for 8 months. We are both from different countries and both have completely different cultures. He is a Muslim as well, where I am a Christian. Despite our different religions and cultures, we have fallen in love with each other.

The relationship was great. We respected each other’s culture and we were willing to learn from one another about our differences. Everything was exciting and new for both of us and we really fell deeply in love with each other.

His family is traditional, and he knew that they will not accept the relationship. However, he continued the relationship with me in the hope that they will accept us. I have never met his family as we are staying and working in a different country. He respects his mother a lot and she is his everything. He has told me this countless times and I valued and respected the love that he has for his mother. He told his mother about me, at first she thought it wasn’t going to be serious and later our relationship got more and more serious to the point where he started talking about marriage with me.

His mother did not want to accept our relationship because I was not from their country, or had their cultures and I was not a Muslim. His father and the rest of the family was willing to accept me but not his mother. She forced him to end our relationship with me or she will neglect him.

I was very sad and I tried everything to keep him, but I didn’t want to put him in a position to choose between me and his mother. I told him that I will accept his choice, even if it breaks me and I am losing the love of my life.

I have followed your advice on the NC rule and it’s been 17 days now. I have been very active on social media showing him on my status that I am enjoying life and having fun. About two days ago, he unfollowed my account and muted me on WhatsApp.

I thought if I didn’t contact him and made him jealous through social media that he would come back to me, but now that he has unfollowed me, I feel he has completely cut me out of his life and there is no chance for us being together ever again.

I don’t know what to do. Should I just let him go, do I still have a chance with him or should I just forget about him and continue with my life even if I know I am losing the love of my life.

Please can you help me?

March 29, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Hi Lien it is difficult when someone who has a family who are strict with what they will accept into the family. Where he has told you that he respects and love his mother the most and she is against him being with a woman who is Christian it is unlikely he is going to go against her. So you could start focusing on moving on and making sure you are happy without him. Unless he decides to go against her wishes he is not likely to come back as he knows there is no future

1 2 3 4 5 50