393 thoughts on “Legitimate Reasons You Should Get Back Together With Your Ex Boyfriend”

Lisa

June 8, 2015 at 12:01 am

My partner and I were together for 11 turbulent years, producing two kids, and on my part at one point a nervous breakdown. I spent a lot of time feeling unhappy with how our relationship was going, his lack of involvement with the kids, his focus on the business and not us as a family, we argued and the arguments got more and more frequent. I felt so unhappy with him and he with me. 11 long years, a lot of it not good, not a great deal of positive memories, we split for six months, all my family and some of my friends were glad of this, that I was well rid of him, that he’s not good for me, brings me down etc. A lot of this was true. There is a large age gap between us and at times he becomes quite overbearing and there were a hell of a lot of problems with communication and bad patterns and essentially we got to the point where we just did nothing with our lives. i was sick of this. we ended it, i moved into my own house with the kids, he stayed at his old flat. Obviously, we have had a lot of contact with each other because we have kids and he has made no secret of his desire to reconcile, but I was sure that this was finally it, I was going to move on. And I did. I started dating, he quickly realised this despite efforts to conceal it and became beside himself with the realisation that finally it was over. He sunk to depths of self examination and came out the other end saying he realised how much he has taken me for granted, not cherished me etc and we have rekindled our relationship A month later so far so good, we’ve been having good times as a family and everything is working out nicely. He asked me to marry him again, and I said yes, and perhaps in a hurry because he wanted to marry before his birthday, we have set a date in a month. So we will have been reconciled just two months. My friend is saying this is going too quick, how do I know things will be different, and it really is a fear of mine. We’ve set a date now, booked the church, bought the dress, everything has moved very quickly, and doubts are starting to set in. Not because of anything he has done, but because things went wrong so often in the past. What if he gets complacent when were married? Reverts back to old habits? I haven’t even told my family yet we are back together. I feel in a bit of confusion, what should I do?

Nikki

August 21, 2015 at 12:24 am

Lisa… DO NOT RUSH into this. Live together for at least 6 months before you jump into such a big commitment again. Why feel the need to marry again anyway? Read what you wrote and relive those times and remember the heartbreak it caused. Take your time. If he really loves you and is understanding then he will have no problem with waiting for however long it takes. Good luck

akriti sinha

May 8, 2015 at 10:57 am

i was in a relationship with my ex boy friend from the last two months..in starting everything was going on very well.he always make me feel gud and always wants me to be smiling and happy.but as our one moths gets over he started changing he said i am not giving u 100% and u wont be happy with me. and its better to be alone if am not caring you. nut me says that he still love me and dont want that if in future we broke up so i will hurt more. and we had so many times breakup and he says always u say sorry even if there is my mistake but i dont want you to bear everything..and recently we had an argued and i decided not to contact him ever…now dont know what should i do..either i should not talk to him a month or i should wait for his message…?

Dana

May 2, 2015 at 10:03 pm

I’m really confused and cannot think anything else. He broke up with me 4 months ago. And texted me in this 4 months at least 2 or 3 times that he misses me, he was happy with me and we really must think again and when we are ready, we may make a fresh start. Since I was upset with his not-so-reasonable break up(I am really not sure what the real reason is, bu he said he thinks we don’t want same things out of a life and somethings about me being selfish sometimes) , since I was upset I was neutral, but approved that we miss each other and love each other still in these conversations. But after just a couple of days when I texted him back, he was so cold and I feel panicked. I said I wanted to take a decision now, because I was tired of these unstabilities(It was a wrong behaviour I know). When I drive the conversation in such direction, he said we should move on for now, or at least we should think and live as we are not going to come back together and move on. This was the same guy that said “Sometimes I think why we are apart when we love each other” just a couple of days ago. I really don’t know how should a handle such post-breakup situation. Do you have any comments on the male side please?

Anna

May 2, 2015 at 2:47 pm

If anyone has any advice for me…

This Tuesday gone, the (34 year old) guy I was dating for 8 weeks just broke it off, via text, the day after I asked where we stood in terms of defining a ‘relationship’. This conversation came up because I’d just started a new job, and the girl I was working with asked if I had a boyfriend. I paused – then said yes – it’s really the only terminology I was aware of for what this guy and I had.
    My question to him was more about the terminology of the whole dating scene, as I have no idea about any of that stuff (My last ‘partner’ was a 6-year relationship where we just used the catch-all ‘partner’). I was genuinely just asking how I can refer to him. This, apparently, freaked him the eff out and he dumped me for it.
    While at first he didn’t want to talk about it at all (part of the text read ‘It’s best if we don’t talk, as it’s not pleasant for anybody’ – how convenient for you, sir!), he finally called me back and we agreed to meet in a couple of weeks to ‘hang out as friends’.
    His main reasons were:
    – he assumed that my level of affection for him was ‘at least 10 points higher’ than his on a scale of 1-100, and he predicted the ‘upward trajectory’ of my feelings as being more intense/accelerated than his (yes, he basically quantified our emotions and explained them as lines on a graph… he’s a HR manager who loves statistics) (also, ARROGANCE MUCH? ‘you obvs like me way more than I like you… even tho I’ve been the most clingy/affectionate dude you’ve ever met…’)… I can actually imagine him with a whiteboard and coloured markers, drawing it up with a ruler, with headings and a legend.
    – he thinks I may want kids in the future and he doesn’t think he wants more (he has a daughter) – we haven’t actually discussed this in any kind of detail other than some vague comments from both of us
    – we’re not on the same page sometimes when he has to explain an obscure joke or comment (a ‘pet peeve’ apparently).

For 7 of the 8 weeks that we’ve been dating, it’s been absolutely lovely. He’s repeatedly told me (both drunk AND sober) how ‘enamoured’ he is/was with me; he introduced me to 2 of his closest friends on separate occasions; he INTRODUCED HIMSELF TO MY PARENTS (without being invited over) after 2 weeks of us seeing each other. He’s bought me several small but meaningful gifts, we’ve played some epic video games together, and basically been in an intensely cool ‘non-relationship’ (apparently) for the last two months. We have similar educational backgrounds, similar goals, and a lot of shared interests. We’re compatible in so many ways, and it was going so smoothly.

Why, then, when I say ‘so, can I call you my bf if anyone asks?’ does he then promptly end it via text in his lunch break at work, as if he were writing a cold but cordial email to an employee who’s about to be fired? I’m guessing he got freaked out at his OWN feelings, and knee-jerked the breakup.

The truth is, I like the guy a lot. We get along REALLY well, and while I’m far from being head over heels with him just yet, I can see it going places, in the middle-distant future. Even if we don’t work romantically, he’s still an awesome guy, and I’d like to continue hanging out & sharing some nerdy nights in with him and a few beers.

When we do finally meet up (I might delay it for another week after the fortnight… just to spite the coward), should I suggest we ‘start again’, but at a much slower pace? Should I try to explain, or just let him set the tone? I’m afraid that if I just keep quiet, he’ll assume (arrogant so and so that he is) that he’s right about all his previous reasons; but if I go on a monologue about why we shouldn’t break up, it’ll come across as desperate and as an attempt to ‘convince’ him to take me back.

Help!

ps… forgive me if this is a bit bitter. I’ve passed the ‘mourning’ stage and am now just incredibly pissed off at a person I didn’t imagine being such a scaredy-cat. Any advice/comments appreciated.

Julie

April 23, 2015 at 2:08 am

My boyfriend, well ex- boyfriend, and I have been together for the past five years. The first three were as close to perfect as you can get. We took things very slow and we were each others first for everything. In the past two years we have had two huge break-ups and some minor break-ups that were quickly resolved. As of right now we have been broken up for about three months. We still talk everyday, and we talk about eventually getting back together. We have both tried to be in other relationships but we cant seem to stop thinking about one another, yet when we are together we just get mad at each other (moreso me getting mad at him). It is just things are very simple and familiar with him. I love being around him, even though his memory sucks and I want to slap him on the head a couple of times. I guess what I am trying to ask is if people experience this feeling more than once with different people. You know, the love of your life feeling. Not wanting to wake up to anyone else beside you in bed than him. I know I love him, with everything I have. Will I ever be able to feel this way about another guy, or is this the man I need to marry?
    -J

Julie

April 24, 2015 at 1:51 pm

We have been talking for about the past month a lot. We have went out to eat a couple of times together. We are taking steps to try and be together. But we do have a lot of problems that we have to resolve before we can get back together. Like last night I spliied all to him. About how I felt, about what I wanted in life, and where I wanted me and him to stand. Unfortunatly he had fallen asleep considering it was 2 AM. When I checked my phone this morning he had read the meassage at 6:30, but there was no response. I was assuming he was busy so it did not really bother me until I saw where he commented on one of his family members post not even 10 minutes before I checked. This is why we can not get over our problems. It is stupid stunts like ignoring me that just does not seem fair. I know later he will give me an excuse as to why he ‘could not’ respond. Is this something that I am taking too far, is it even a big deal? Or is this really low of a guy to purposely ignore me?

April 23, 2015 at 1:00 pm

First off, he is not the only guy in the world you can fall for I am sure of that.

Secondly, have you taken any steps to get him back yet?

Sarah

April 12, 2015 at 10:04 pm

My boyfriend and I have been together almost two years and have been living together 9 months. After our honeymoon phase of moving-in together things started to get a little rocky with the division of household chores and taking time to spend with one another that wasn’t sitting on the couch. My boyfriend started acting distant around me and stopped wanting to have sex. One night after an argument about how bad things were in the relationship, he decided to pack up and leave. He came back the next day and said I he was sorry and would try to make things work. For the most part he was positive around the apartment but still didn’t want to spend a lot of his spare time with me. Last week I came back from hanging out with my girlfriends and decided to ask him how he thought things were progressing in the relationship and he said, “Not great, I just don’t feel the same way I used to. We should break up.” He left that night and stayed away for a few days. We had to meet to work out some things with the apartment and I told him, “After a certain period in a relationship, you have to work to keep the flame alive. It’s normal if you aren’t as attracted to me as you once were, it’s just something we need to work at.” He said he’d think about it, then came back a few hours later apologizing, saying I was the one he loved and that he wanted to be with me. What I’d love is for some kind of sign that he will not get grumpy and decide to leave again but I’m not sure how to bring up the conversation without it sounding like an ultimatum.

Celine

April 4, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Hi there.. Me and my boyfriend, well ex boyfriend were together for 2years but in the last year we have been fighting a lot over stupid little things and big things. We were basically growing apart because of circumstances and we can’t take the relationship to the next step like moving in or getting engaged because I’m in my second last year of school and he’s 3years older. We don’t do stuff together like we did when he was with me in school and we don’t communicate anymore..We really loved each other and we were an epic couple but we offically broke up last night because of all the fights and disagreements… Please help I already miss him so much, everything reminds me of him and I reeeeaaally want it to work but I don’t know how anymore..

Hayilie

April 16, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I totally understand how you feel about the situation. I was in the similar situation, and boy! It was mentally exhausting. Years of being in a relationship is no joke, it takes effort and lots of love. However, if things aren’t working so great and you guys are fighting over things and not getting a solution and ended breaking up, here’s my advice to you: First, have pride and self respect. You’re a woman with dignity, dont go chasing after boya, let them come to you. Second, FIND YOURSELF! What do you really want to do? PRIORITIZE YOURSELF! Love and value yourself, don’t let a guy define you. Third, HAVE FAITH. This is very important, now youre saying you really love this guy, are you willing to get married with him? To be forever comitted with him, and build a family with him? If yes, do you think you are ready to be a wife, a mother? If not, then focus on bettering yourself, enhance your spiritual, emotional, and mental health. Last, PATIENCE! Ive been living on the saying: What is meant for you will never miss you even if it buried under the mountains, and what missed you was never meant for you even if they were in between your lips”. You need to trust God. You need gotta be patient. If he is meant for you and he realizes that he really love you, then he will find a way to get back to you. If he doesnt get back to you, then it is better that you guys ended your relationship early. STAY STRONG! Distract yourself from thinking about him. Think about yourself. Think about God!

Love and Peace,
      Hayilie

Aquarians girl

March 14, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Hi, my boyfriend of 10 months broke up with me. We were having trouble becoz he started a new post grad course 2 months ago. We met once in this time, and he’d almost be silent on most days and rarely text (we used to text each other a lot). What confuses me is that just 3 months ago he looked into my eyes and said he loves me and wanted me in his life. What could have changed so drastically! I am slightly bitter about it though I didn’t say anything when he said we must take a break from the relationship (that too over text). What’s going on in his head? He texted me the day after, and I dint respond until 4 days later when I told him I was sorting my issues. He has not gotten in touch since. Pls advice

1. admin

admin

March 15, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Check out my latest article.

I think it may have some answers for you,

Mara

March 6, 2015 at 7:45 am

My ex and I broke up almost 2 years ago after a 2 years relationship cause of long distance and Also because of me. I know I hurt him so bad! We stop talking for a couple of months after the break up and then we contacted each other again. I was dating someone else he was as well. Then he got into a relationship but we never stopped talking. After 6 or 8 months I realized I was still in love with him but I thought he moved on. Before we started dating we were best friends and so we tried to save our friendship. So we were talking every single day that we weren’t together even tho he was with this girl. Couple months after I realized I was still in love I told him and as I was expecting he said he was waiting for me to say it for so long but I didn’t so he started dating this girl.. And now he couldn’t just say hey goodbye cause it was unfair. We kept talking he got confused we even treated each other as if we were together. He is the best guy I’ve ever met. So respectful. He’s really good but I understood I hurt him he couldn’t just leave her cause nothing guaranteed that I wasn’t gonna leave him again. Time passes we kept talking. He told me his problems with her. I helped. He told he was in love. It hurt but I didn’t say anything cause I was the one saying “hey we are best friends tell me everything” “he said I don’t think its ok doing so” he met again this last December after 2 years. He had a long distance relationship with her as well. And so after almost a year they met again. So did we. After we saw each other he broke up with her. Realizing that all the trouble they had was because he actually wasn’t in love cause he is still in love with me. I’m living in Switzerland and he lives in the US but in Valentine’s Day we met again and we got back together. You guys can’t imagine how happy we are now. He even proposed to me. Of course it was a rush thing to do we know. But I said yes. Cause I truly believe he’s the love of my life. I wont say it’s easy cause now that we are back together we wanna spend everyday together and since we are far away it’s like impossible. I want you guys to give me some advices. Cause sometimes I just remember when he said he was in love with her and I feel jealous. Something that I never was. We decided to tell each other everything and so try to solve all the problems together. We understand that long distance requires a bit of attention and more in our situation. He has being so nice. And we talked about everything that happened afterwards. All the things that could’ve matter while breaking up we have changed of course but we realized that still we want the same things and that we wanna grow older together.

V

March 1, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I suppose my ex has got a new girlfriend now after the breakup 1.5-2months. Is that a rebound?

angel

February 24, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Hellow, my ex and I being together in 6years, we started dated on 22 July 2006, that’s his birthday date. until to 2013 we didn’t break up as real, we have a fight between our two families, our families didn’t want us to get together, and also about people gasp stupid stuff, that’s why he goes to another girl, but he still has a heart with me. we love each other, but for past 1yrs he still text me and mail me we’d update each other on our lives but he got married last year on June 21, 2014. the month he is getting married, he called me and cry and said, he love’s me very much, but he don’t know what to do, he wants to run away.
    but the sad thing he said the girl was pregnant. I ask him is it yours or someone else? he answer me, yes its mine.. and I am so confuse because only 1yr he met her and now having a baby.. I can’t believe.. but now I find out his not her real daughter. Every time I think about him. I don’t know what to do. Does he still love me? what can i do???

Nina

February 23, 2015 at 12:21 pm

I’m really confused. My ex and I broke up 7 yrs ago. We met right before I started college and broke up because long distance was tough. We were young but thought we really loved each other. But for the past 7 years he has ALWAYS contacted me. He would call me or text me out of the blue and we’d update each other on our lives,hang out (hook up occasionally) and then I won’t hear from him for another 3-6 months. No matter if he was in a relationship or not he would always text me a “hey how are you” or “let’s get a drink sometime.” I don’t know why he contacts me in this weird pattern and I’ve never gotten down to the bottom of it. But every time we hang out I get a flash back to when we were young and had so much fun together. Does he still love me? Should I pursue anything?

Lisa

February 24, 2015 at 2:35 am

I am in a similar situation where my breakup was 5 years ago, and the guy has kept in contact with me as well.

I think your ex probably still loves you but that doesn’t necessarily mean you should pursue anything.

One thing that sucks about all of this is that keeping him “updated” makes him feel like he still “has” you in many ways. Does he? Is his contact with you preventing you from pursuing relationships with other guys?

I mean, it depends what you want with him, but that’s the trouble of keeping in touch with exes.. if yall are both single it’s confusing to think about what “could be” …but deciding whether or not to pursue him is really tough, and it depends on your situation/what kind of person he has grown up to be.

He is probably a very different person than the one you knew and made you so happy back then. You are probably different in a few major ways too. Would your current self be compatible with his current self? Sometimes it takes re-dating the guy to figure out. If I were you, I would just make sure not to think that it’s “meant to be” or “a sure thing” at this point. I would just look at it like, “I have a new boyfriend,” or “I’m dating another guy,” since yall are both adults now, so he is practically a “new” guy even though yall have a history.

Best of luck to you. Most importantly, it’s vital for you to know that your life can be wonderful and full of love regardless of who’s in it at the moment. Lasting joy, in my experience, comes only from God. 🙂

Dani

February 22, 2015 at 8:07 am

I am really stuck.

I dated this man for 1 year and we broke up over 2 years ago. He was the love of my life. We broke up as we fought all the time about stupid stuff, and was ready to move in with him but he said yes to start with and then changed him mind 1 week before I was due to move in.

He emailed me a few days ago and is saying that he regrets that we broke up, and he wants to give it another go.

The only problem is he lives in Christchurch and I live in Auckland. We did have a lot of fun together but towards the end we were nasty to each other. My friends hate him for what he did to me, as I had to go on anti-depressants for 6 months because he broke my heart.

I don’t know what to do. I didn’t think much about him and now he emailed me all these feelings are coming flooding back.

Any advice??

Lisa

February 26, 2015 at 11:34 am

Hi Dani!
      My situation exactly. Now very important, please listen closely. Do not jump into this. My ex left me for another woman then came back 2 years later and I took him back without that much effort from his side. All it took was some pleading, saying he was an idiot and bang! I was back in his bed 2 hours later. I loved him very much even after 2 years. What followed was a year full of agony as he didn’t have to make an effort any more. I played it cool for a while but 6 months later realised he was just giving me enough to keep me interested. I was constantly waiting by the phone. We started fighting. I suggested we moved in together and he said yes, then changed his mind, which I couldn’t forgive. Two weeks ago he dumped me again and I’m totally devastated. Mostly because I allowed him to treat me like that after everything he had done to me in the past. So my advice give it a go but take things very slowly. Don’t go visit him,let him come to see you, don’t sleep with him right away. Don’t be afraid to say you want to take your time. It will only make him respect you more. Good luck! I hope you work things out.

2. admin

admin

February 22, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Yes, do you have any other means to communicate other than just an email?

Belle

February 21, 2015 at 8:19 am

I met dis guy wen I was in high skul… he’s a twin nd we fell in love. though m a class above im,, we so had dis connection. it was lyk we were meant 2 b. d sme lyks, dislyks. we both used glasses, if sumtin was rong wit any of us, we’d know b4 we even saw each oda. but suddenly dis gal cam btwn us nd we broke up. we stopped talking 4 abt 3 months nd not too long ago he broke up wit her. he said he realized dat he wanted 2 b wit me all dis while. he felt happier wit me nd he was sorry he eva hurt me. I love im too nd I don’t care wat ppl say. I want im bak but of recent he just seems 2 b avoiding me… I dunno wat 2 do.. pls I nid help. nd can u pls inbox me at my email…

1. admin

admin

February 22, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Hi Belle,

Is it ok if I just answer you here?

Sydney

February 17, 2015 at 7:59 am

So my boyfriend and I dated for 11 months straight, never once fought, never broke up, we were perfect. We shared so many interests, had the same friends, and we were just absolutely perfect for each other. But I broke up with him after 11 months because i started to feel less and less attracted to him and in all honesty, the whole time we dated, I wasn’t actually sure if I loved him, but he told me he loved me. We’ve been apart for a little over two months now and I miss him more than anything, and these last two moths have helped me realize that I really truly do love him and I need him. I cant stop thinking about him and I crave his presence. I wasn’t sure if I loved him before but I know now and I’m just not sure what to do about it. I feel like an emotional wreck without him. He’s my other half. I just really messed up.

1. admin

admin

February 17, 2015 at 1:08 pm

He is probably hurt that you weren’t sure.

I know that would hurt me.

Have you attempted to do NC yet?

minnie

February 16, 2015 at 10:36 pm

He is 22, I’m 20, were dating for pretty much 2 months, going out a bit longer, known each other since October, he was the one to start the flirting right when we’ve met.

He left me now. He said it was too much for him (I became very needy lately and i admit it, i apologized and promised to change it) especially last week and that he doesn’t want anything now. I asked him if he can give us another chance and he said no. Twice. Then we were talking more, holding hands, hugging, he kissed my forehead few times but he didn’t want to kiss my lips…. Though I apologized, promised to change the behavior he didn’t like and I asked him if he will think about it again and he shaked his head for yes. I told him that I know I was too much especially last week but that I took everything out on him after shit practices etc. he said also that it doesn’t mean we can’t go out again and i asked if that means starting from the beginning. Then he said “yeees and then I three weeks it’s gonna be the same… You gonna come at mine…” I promised not to. And I laughed that its impossible as I’ll be out of the country in 3 weeks. We laughed. I told him that it probably doesn’t help me but I just love him and I know he has feelings for me too. Before getting on bus I asked him if he’ll text me. He said yes. I asked him before why is that so easy for him and he answered that “it is not”. I saw his eyes and he was very sad I could tell.

He doesn’t use his phone often, he doesn’t like it and I was texting pretty much all the time, i wanted him to be available all the time, and he couldn’t have done it. I was surprising him at his place… like crazy. I admit.

Do you think n/c could work in this case? Is there any way I could get him back? I do love this guy and I believe he has feeling too. We were super happy all the time, no fight whatsoever. He was the one to tell me how much he missed me when we didnt see each other, he was the one to tell me how much he likes me and he told his friends about me. I know i did overwhelm him though. I really need help. I’m not crying, living without him now, living my life but i do want him back and i think he could be the one.

1. admin

admin

February 17, 2015 at 12:34 pm

I think NC can work in this case.

Go ahead and give it a try.

minnie

February 18, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I have a feeling we will get back together but I’m moving on for now anyways. Focusing on myself now. I only regret asking some of my friends for help, they do not support me at all, they just said he is an asshole (and i know he is not!) they don’t even know him… I just want him to get in touch with me and miss me as i do. It was too good to leave it the way it is now. My friends just told me he basically agreed to think about it again and told me that we can meet again just to get rid of me. well, he still has not texted me even he said he will but in my mind if he wanted to get rid of me he would of just continued saying that. I know I am probably overthinking but I don’t text him nor I am in any contact with him anyways. I am not even tempted to text him to be honest, obviously sometimes in the morning i would love to tell him i miss him but I don’t do it. I hope his feelings were real (even though we were not together for long, but we were super happy all the time and he admitted it while we were talking that night) and he will get back to me.

I will stay in touch 🙂

ishita

February 15, 2015 at 9:06 pm

He like hnging out wd frnds n stop talking wd me dat much.our rationshp is so close.i m stoping mking calls more..he dnt want brkup but i feel he is cheating…je is nt ready to gv me p.w of his fb n not unblokng me he dnt want to meet more.he is saying to gv some time…i love hm i want him back …pls hlp me

ishita

February 15, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Hii..i m ishita…i love a boy very bdly.he also lvd me .till december.but suddenly he want space.we were talking day n night before but now he dnt want to talk he is saying dat he dnt like talking on phn.he got iritated now if i cqlling mny times.i had cut my hnds but it dsnt care…..earlier he care for me but now it cant happen…he gv excue n want to cut my phn..earlier in one n half year eelationship he never like this.earlier he hv prblm with my fb n watsapp dat y i m onlin for no reasn.but now he dnt intrstd in me.he is saying dat i dnt want to use phnes..i m beghing pleadin but hbut he is not changing.he dnt want brkup but he only want dat i dnt call n msg him continuously.three four days before i hd his fb p.w but suddenly hes dmore hnging p.w n blokd me frm hhanis acnt.he iss saying dat he lv me but he love m

Lyn

February 11, 2015 at 8:34 pm

My ex bf got tired of our relationship as there are always miscommunications and it Always lead to quarrels. He is always trying his way to salvage the situation such as talking to me about it and finding a solution to it but it doesn’t work at all.
    We broke up because of that.
    Initially he said he wanted to break up but after much persuading, I managed to convince him to take a month of cool off period but I know that he still want to break up so I decided to let him go.
    He says he still love me but he have to let me go because he is really very tired of this relationship..
    Do you think we have a chance back again?

1. admin

admin

February 16, 2015 at 9:51 pm

So, you two are technically still together?

Evelyne

February 8, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Hey,
    first of all I would like to apologize for my English, it’s not my mother-language.

I would really appreciate some insight on my problem.

I and my boyfriend were together for 7 months, we knew each other from before and were very good friends. He always liked me and I didn’t see that.
    Shortly after we got together, he had to leave back to his country, so we started 4 months of very long distance relationship and we had to completely rely on skype and facebook. He told me he loved me before he left and I told him it back.
    After that 4 months he got job, well not really closed, but better than before, to me. We were 5 hours by bus apart. We saw each other twice a month and I was fine with that, he didn’t seem to have problem with that either. Everything seems okay, he even told his best friend that I was a girl that he would married.
    3 months ago, out of nowhere, he started ignoring me, didn’t reply how he used to and got distanced. I didn’t know what was wrong or what I did. After a week, he broke up with me…over the text. He didn’t really explain why he did that but since than I was trying my best to forget my feelings for him.
    We messaged couple of times during Christmas, just small talks and few of my (definitely NOT proud of that) drunk texts.
    This weekend I saw him for the first time after our break-up. I thought I will just give him his stuff, get explanation and leave. We were talking for 2 hours. He told me that the reason he broke up with me was because he got irritated by my texts, he said that he didn’t know why but he just didn’t feel like talking to me. I asked him why he just didn’t tell me that we could discuss it, communicated and he said he acted impulsively and really didn’t think. After that he told me that breaking up with me was the biggest mistake of his life. He told me he love me and that if I am willing to take him back, he will happily get back together.

My problem is that I am scared to try to fix distance relationship, because I am not sure if I can trust him not to do this again and in this kind of relationship, you completely rely on texts, I had to learn how to recognize his mood from them and how to express my feelings and mood through them.
    Also, before I thought I will move to him after I will finish my school this year, now I don’t think I’d do that, definitely not this July.

Thanks for any reply 🙂

1. admin

admin

February 9, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Have you read the long distance article?

Evelyne

February 10, 2015 at 9:03 pm

I’ve just read it. The thing is that you more advice how to get your exboyfriend back then how to maintain it after break-up, but thank you anyway. Acording to the article, I should be cut for the LDR (except of sex-phone, I am better at sexting, but it’s probably because of our mother-language is different – his is english, mine is not). For that “sex thing”…as a guy, do you think that 2 weeks without sex is too long?
      I know you are not “fan” of LDR, but if you love someone you can help yourself, right? 🙂

3. admin