Making a long distance ex commit to you is pretty tricky.
You know how these things go.
- The ex has preconceived notions about long distance relationships.
- Mary being the optimistic ex girlfriend has romanticized notions.
- The ex doesn’t want to play
- Mary leaves heart broken
So, as I was listening to her voicemail and I started reminiscing about my own experience with a long distance relationship and I have to say that I learned a lot.
In fact, I learned so much that I am willing to pass it on to Mary here!
- He broke up with her because he didn’t get accepted into a grad program
- She wants to convince her ex to be in a long distance relationship with her
- Things seem to be going pretty well recently every since he eventually did get accepted to a school
What I Talk About In This Episode
- I am not sure I buy into his reasoning for the breakup
- Sales theory
- Interdependence theory
- Scarcity, urgency and fear of loss
- Satisfaction, alternatives and investment
- Is long distance even viable for Mary’s situation