365 thoughts on “EBR 024: Using Social Media To Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back”

anon

March 27, 2015 at 9:53 pm

my ex blocked me on fb saying that he didn’t block me but he had to block himself from seeing my profile because he feels tempted to talk to me when i’m online and now he is with someone else. I think is the ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ excuse and he probably hates me but didn’t want to say. He has 2 fb accounts, the other account is for work and he never added me so now that he blocked me if he lurks at my profile must be using that job account. The problem is that my facebook been always limited, I share my posts only with friends. If I start sharing public now he will probably think it’s for him. I also can’t update my profile picture because I look horrible after being dumped, I became depressed, lost a huge amount of weight, my hair is thinning and I got a skin allergy due stress. My life is pretty much over. He made his instagram private so I can’t see his pics anymore. I thought about making an instagram but what is the point? I don’t have friends and there aren’t cute guys here where I live nor places to go , can’t take pics hanging out with friends or a new guy to make him jealous or see that I’m having fun. My life is pathetic lol. Can’t posts pics of me looking hot because I look bad after the breakup. I can’t do anything on social media to make him interested or make him miss him. People say that success is the best revenge but I can’t do anything. I wish I could do something

1. admin

March 29, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Did you listen to my blocking podcast and read my blocking article?

You can start there.

Jennifer

March 27, 2015 at 5:39 am

My ex broke up with me about 3 weeks ago. We were dating for almost a year and I thought for sure wed get married. I have never felt that way about anyone else. Anyway, he was the first to suggest facebook relationship changes when we started dating, and unfortunately when we stopped. I noticed today that he deleted the pic of us from his profile pics. It was 2nd after the one he changed it to the day after he broke up. Is this a bad sign? We have not had contact since he texted me to ask how my weekend was a couple of sundays ago.

Sunny

March 31, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Chris – I am curious what you think about the situation above^

2. admin

March 31, 2015 at 10:57 pm

What about it?

ArmyGirl

April 8, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Do you think that is a bad sign? ^

M

March 24, 2015 at 5:19 am

You know, Chris, JUST when I gave up hope of trying to get him back, you post this podcast which gives me just a little more spark to try again. Thank you! Your podcasts give me so much hope

1. admin

March 25, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Super glad to hear that from you.

Anything else I can do to help?

Courtney

March 24, 2015 at 12:48 am

So, what do you do when everytime you text your ex, he responds for awhile but then stops answering mid conversation? I know you said that I should be the one to end the conversation first, but literally every time i text him, he either does that, or says goodnight first if its late at night. I feel like hes playing me at my own game… Lol

1. admin

March 25, 2015 at 8:02 pm

You need to find a way to end the conversation first on him.

Courtney

March 24, 2015 at 12:54 am

And i also forgot to add; Im always the one to text him first!

felicia

March 23, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Hey Chris, great podcast as usual. On the subject of facebook, i refriended my ex in january after months of unfriending him. And while slowly but surely (last convo we had he was a bit of a jerk though..2 steps forward 2 steps back) we’ve been in contact, and he’s liked a few of my photos. i had to deactivate my account due to privacy concerns and also i need to finish up the semster and get good grades. Now im afraid he might think im a flip floper, but at the same time maybe disappearing for a month might make him miss me a bit? IDK.

1. admin

March 25, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Thanks Felicia!

Don’t worry about the flip flopper thing too much ok.

Just focus on the semester and the grades.

Olga

March 23, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Hey,

I know my ex kinda stalked me on instagram (he doesn’t have an account) cause I said something about my ipad and he knew I had got one (I only posted a pic of it on instagram). But I’m so confused with him right now and since you wanted me to keep you updated…
    Last time we talked and I was worried because it took him long to respond, I replied to him and then he just cut the conversation by ignoring me. Today I was a witness of a situation that reminded me of something we saw together and I texted him about it (I do it via facebook now, it seems to be safer) and ofc he read it but still no response. I know he’s not home (don’t ask how) but I’m afraid I’m being ignored again and I’m wondering how much more of it I can take.

1. admin

March 25, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Give him until the end of the day.

Sometimes men just take a while to respond.

Olga

March 24, 2015 at 11:29 pm

Every time he doesn’t respond I come here to express my frustration to you and tell myself I’m done… and then I get a message. And today he was surprisingly eager to talk again but I think he’s playing the same game as me haha. I mean, I wanted to end the conversation prematurely by simply not responding and after a few minutes of me doing that he said he was too tired to talk and still had something to do and “byebyebye” (why so excited lol). Of course I didn’t write anything back 😉

3. admin

March 31, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Haha PROGRESS!!!

Progress is good.

Olga

April 3, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Yeah progress… I texted him again today (maybe I should do it more frequently, what do you think?) and it was in the morning. It’s late evening and still no response, though he read the message and showed online. Why does he always take so long to respond?

Olga

April 6, 2015 at 7:53 pm

It’s Monday and he hasn’t replied since Friday…

M.

March 23, 2015 at 8:30 pm

If your ex likes a photo of yours after a very long time but at that time you learn after that he has a gf what that means?But after that ignores you and stops pressing likes at other girls..

M.

April 22, 2015 at 6:35 pm

The point is it’s a year we broke up now,I think I don’t have any hope at all!He’s posting now photos of him and her kissing etc…. I just can’t watch that anymore..every time I post something then he posts something like that..Should I just give up hope and delete him ??

M.

April 17, 2015 at 5:48 pm

??

April 20, 2015 at 8:41 pm

What’s up?

M.

April 16, 2015 at 5:35 pm

???

M.

April 14, 2015 at 6:22 pm

6. admin

March 24, 2015 at 9:20 pm

It means he was probably thinking about you.

M.

March 27, 2015 at 6:33 pm

If that is true then why is he still with the other girl??

8. admin

March 29, 2015 at 2:35 pm

B/c you haven’t done enough to get him to ONLY think of you.

M.

March 31, 2015 at 6:17 pm

But how to do so? I post photos of me,I have many guys like them,I show off some skills,but nothing Works!he just started posting photos of him and his gf now..

10. admin

March 31, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Patience…

Sometimes you just have to be super patient.

Also, don’t put your life on hold from him.

M.

April 1, 2015 at 6:15 pm

The point is it’s a year we broke up now,I think I don’t have any hope at all!and I don’t know if I should make clear i’m dating a NEW guy or not..I don’t want to ruin my chances if I have any!What do you beleive?

becca

March 23, 2015 at 7:53 pm

What if we dont have each other on social media anymore. When we broke up we deleted each other but I created a new Twitter account as I couldn’t remember my old password. My ex is a geek so I think if he wanted to he’d be able to find me on there and see all my things (which is where I’ve put great pics of me and my freinds and a few things that they peek his interest so he’ll keep coming back to see) I can see his but do you think he’s found mine? He has got a new girlfreind but I honestly just dont see it lasting. She ended her marriage after 7 months and now my ex and her have been together around 8 months.. I do think it’s a case of the grass is greener – yes, I’ve read all these articles, so thanks for that 😀

1. admin

March 24, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Do you have any other way of getting in contact with him?

becca

March 25, 2015 at 7:28 am

Not really, not without it being weird. I’ve tried texting but I think hes changed his number, a new one is online but I see it as a business one so it’d be weird if I had it. If I suddenly added him on Twitter he’d freak out and know that I’ve seen the whole profile.. to be honest, nothing is really on there about his new relationship but I know he’d know I’ve been looking at it.
      I’ve tried to stand my profile out to him by liking similar things but believeable things just incase he does see it and doesn’t believe it’s me, I’ve done it so he’ll stumble onto my profile if he hasn’t already. does that make sense?

3. admin

March 31, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Yes that does make sense.

Pretty clever actually.

becca

April 3, 2015 at 5:01 pm

So really, what do I do now? How do I get him to come across my profile and feel like he has to contact me etc and realise that he’s better with me than his girlfriend who hes been with for 8 months, after she was married for 7 months.. :/ please help!

becca

April 2, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Thank you! My freinds agree with what ive done as they can see how much it means to me having him back in my life. I just need him to see my profile and be like woah, wonder what she’s doing etc I’ve even posted things like “hanging out with my man” using no names, and it isn’t exactly a lie coz I’m hanging out with my 8 month old nephew.. so really, I’m telling the truth.. Haha 😉 sneaky eh? Thank you for all your work you’ve done for us girls 🙂 I appreciate it! 😀 x

becca