80 thoughts on “Will My Ex Regret Breaking Up With Me?”

Nani

February 5, 2019 at 9:49 am

Hi Chris!

We finally broke up last week, he told me he couldn’t do it no more. We were having this issue few times, and everytime he had this thought, he said he cant love me and hes not in love with me. But he’s willing to try. And last week, he told me, he had enough. He dont want to this anymore. He said, all this while he was staying was just because he pitied and feel guilty towards me. But he’s been giving false hope like meeting my family, do nice stuffs and showed how much he completely care for me. Before the final break up, he was caught up cheatinv with his ex. But he begged for me to stay. After two weeks, he changed his mind again. And when i begged him to stay, with that frustrated face, he said no. He lash out and looked so very pissed. I think he was annoyed.

So Chris, do you think he will ever be regretting of going back to his ex? He said he always have doubts when he was with me. And now that he said he was very sure of what he wanted which was going back to win his ex again. Will he be happy then? Will he regret leaving me?

Lissa

January 13, 2019 at 4:18 pm

Was in a three year live together relationship. Got into an argument about 2 months ago and he left to stay at his parents for a few days which had now been 2 months. All along he’s been saying he just doesn’t know about us anymore and can’t give me an answer either way. So saying we weren’t broken up but not sure if he was ready to come home. We still texted the same, he still visited and occasionally spent the night. Then last Friday, he broke up with me. He’s said the words before so I didn’t take it seriously, especially when he tried to show up to sleep over that very same night. A few days passed and I got wind he had been seen out with another girl. She’s my ex’s ex! So I confronted them and he and this girl both told me they are just new friends with no intentions of anything else. We text battled all week and he said he was coming Thursday to pack some of his stuff. Instead he showed up Thursday asking to not pack and not talk but just hangout. We did, I foolishly let that turn I to him spending the night because I thought it meant he changed his mind, we laughed and had an amazing night just like we always do when he’s actually home. He showed up the next day with boxes being really cold saying he already told me we were over. I was so hurt and confused. So we talked for an hour, he had to go and texted me that he needed a week to really think things through. And he wanted the week to be completely apart and even more distant than it’s already been for two months. I’m so lost in what I do from here. Please help!

January 13, 2019 at 11:04 pm

Hi Lissa!

So things are still fresh and I know its rough. But are going to get thru this. Best to have an ex recovery plan to help you thru all the post breakup decisions you will be making. People feelings are vulnerable and easily bruised after a breakup so No Contact sometimes helps you get the space you need to start some healing.

Felicis

December 27, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Hi! I have been in a relationship for 4 years and about to 3 months ago my bf broke up with me.
    He took me for a ride and all of a sudden he told me that we should no longer be in a relationship and told me that I am a nice girl and he doesn’t want me to change for someone. Until now I don’t know the real reason that took him to make this decision and for 2 months we didn’t text to each other.
    Initially I beg him to not break up with me and then I just saw that I would need some help so I went to a psychologist and had made some improves to myself in order to feel better. I change my haircut, I did things that never have the courage for and I saw my real friends. I know that I am a different state of mind now.
    About 1 month ago, I went out with some friends and I found him. He came to greet me and I noticed that he touch my arm and couldn’t make eye contact with me. On the same night he was talking very loudly and my cousin just told me that when I went to the bathroom he asked her where I had gone and if I was okay.
    The nest day he break the no contact rule and sent me a message saying that he was fine for seeing me well and that one day he liked to talk to me without any kind of intentions. I told him I would like to take that opportunity to talk to him but I was not prepared.
    I don’t know what to think, he is a very racional person and I think that the real problem was in is mind, I always imagine my life with him, he just have the fear of commitment and went to a existential crysis, the 30 years old crysis.

December 27, 2018 at 8:34 pm

Hi Felicis!

First of all, 4 years is a good amount of time together and that results in roots being put down and traction. This could help down the road. You should be proud of yourself for some of the changes you made to feel better and the new state of mind. That can take you a long ways no matter what happens.

Its a good thing that you are exhibiting your personal power, showing him how you are processing all of this. Time will tell if he was stuck in his head. So when you proceed with meeting up with him in the future….take it slow. Try not to hash it all out. Just get to know each other again and enjoy the moments together.

Donna

November 7, 2018 at 3:29 am

I was dating a guy for a few months (no title, but exclusive and both on the same page about not seeing or sleeping with other people). He’s a bit younger than me and has never had a girlfriend. The longest he’s even kept in contact with the same girl was 3 months.
    I am the first girl he’s ever felt “this way” about, longest in his life, and we speak about marriage, children and the future.
    Our feelings grew quick and strong. When this happened, he freaked and tried to end it. He regretted his decision hours later and came to ME for reassurance. He admitted that he doesn’t know how to handle how strong he feels.
    Things continued to grow (both of us on the same page and communication about NOT being ready for a relationship and just enjoying the flow). And he then decided to take a break. I gave him his complete space and no contact. It lasted 1 week before he came back, saying he really missed me and really knew he liked me. I really continued to go with the flow, not expect “boyfriend/girlfriend” actions, and we spoke every day.
    Lastly, I wasn’t feeling well one night when we were together and I didn’t communicate this with him because I didn’t wanna be a “burden” or girlfriend type asking for help. I was quiet and not myself and he noticed. He kept asking what was wrong but I went home without explanation. We didn’t speak for 2 days and I was sad and confused and selfish thinking “he doesn’t care that I’m not myself”. I finally reached out, he reacted by wanting to “breakup” and I simply told him I didn’t believe him. I finally explained why I wasn’t feeling well 2 nights prior. He completely regretted saying he wanted to end it. He explained that my 2 day silence turned into his insecure assumptions about ME not being interested in HIM anymore, so in order to NOT get hurt he tried to end it first. He was in disbelief about how confident I was when he tried to end it (so was I) and thanked me for continuously fighting for us.
    We progressed, started having phone conversations (this is how SLOW we were really taking things!) and I left for 2 weekends back to back for family vacations. I felt our connection stronger while being away.
    When I came back, he wasn’t initiating to see me yet we spoke every day even on the phone. My anxiety was growing and I was confused. I bottled up these emotions for a few days and then I exploded. I exploded in the sense where I vented to him about his distance and how I deserve 20 mins of his time (just to see him in person and hug him) especially that I don’t ask for anything at all. He was quiet “I didn’t see it from that perspective, I’m sorry”. I was on the verge of tears and fed up. “I guess I’m not doing a good job” he said lastly before I went home.
    I knew I was harsh, I knew I didn’t communicate properly. The next day, I apologized again and he ended it saying “I just need to tell you this is getting too serious for me” and “this is what I meant when I said I didn’t want commitment”. I called him, we spoke and he kept saying he didn’t know, maybe HES screwed up because he never had a girlfriend, he doesn’t know how to care for someone and has never received “caring” from anyone. He tried to casually end the conversation by asking about my day etc. In respect of myself, before hanging up I asked him “is this a yes or a no?” And he said no. Then he said I just wanna be alone. We hung up and it’s been over 3 weeks of no contact.

We both have never felt this way with other people as we do for each other (I was previously in a 4 year relationship). He’s insecure about what his next career move will be and he’s lost about his direction in life for himself (he’s expressed this to me numerous times). I truly know I was never one to ask for much and our conversations and time spent together have always been amazing. I truly believe in him and in us and I don’t know what to do. I have a hard time believing he may have moved on and has forgotten about me. It’s hard when I didn’t get a concrete answer as to “why”.

Do I fight for this?

November 8, 2018 at 3:21 am

Hi Donna!

I think you would regret it if you didn’t turn over all the stones. My advice is to take a look at some of my ex recovery eBooks as I crystalline the information such that your game plan is more clear and detailed.

Lisa Fourqurean

October 24, 2018 at 1:50 am

Hi Chris I am really going through it
    10 days ago my boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me. He stated that he is not happy with where he is in life and that he feels himself slipping back into depression. He stated he would see counselor but refused to take meds. Hos sister said he is having a hard time. He hasnt contacted me yet.and I have not contacted him either

October 24, 2018 at 3:18 am

Hi Lisa!

Hang in there…it will get better with time and with a focus on your own healing. It seems that he needs some space and a counselor to talk with. Meanwhile, you should get up to speed on my program. Visit my home page to tap into resources I offer there.

Ging ging

September 28, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise..I recently discovered that my ex has someone new and they slept together maybe in couples of months. I already had a suspicions . he changed abruptly towards his treatment on me and our relationship. I finally proven his cheating. Without any harsh words after confrontations though he totally denied his cheating but through the defensed he sent in his texts or his messages he also was caught on it..so after I nicely confrontated him I stepped back and applied no contact rule…in my 3 days of implemetations he texted me and frantically called me….his last text seems shows jealousy…but I didnt entertained him because I truly have a goal to complete the no contact rule period. Everytime I feel sad I only pray the Lord…In my 5 days now in my no contact I feel something happening in me …Yes , pain is still there but no contact rule motivates me so much for my healing….recovery …and determination to get my bofriend back.

September 29, 2018 at 3:46 am

Hi Ging!

I know this is painful, but you will get through this an No Contact principle if practiced properly can do a lot in the healing department for you and the relationship. Consider picking up my very special topic 247 page ebook, “The No Contact Rule Book”. I cover it all and focus a good deal on the all important personal recovery element as well.

Claire

August 29, 2018 at 7:49 pm

This page has helped me a lot I’m 32 and he’s 37 I was in a long term relationship for 5 years and engaged got a house togther last Feb and even a dog last June we’ve never gone through any rough patches just always got on. He would often tell me how much he loves me and looking forward to our future togther. Even told his mum how lucky he was to have found me. He was the one who was keen to get engaged as he was even the main wedding organiser. Our friends (2 couples) wanted to go skiing earlier this year but I opted out due to saving for the wedding and looking after the dog plus not massive fan anyway. One of our friends decided to bring their recently divorced best friend along to the holiday instead. I wasn’t thrilled but 100% trusted him as had no reason not to he wasn’t a ladies man and after all we’d just bought a car togther and planning a wedding and super happy. We were in contact through the holiday and telling me he loved me etc but when I picked him up from the airport he was fine but a bit grumpy. I put this down to travelling. It was valentines and he cooked my favourite meal bought me flowers but was a bit distracted I asked him if he was okay and he said fine but continued to be a bit distracted. 7 days passed and I had a feeling in my stomach so I asked him honestly what was wrong then a admitted he fancied this person and “couldn’t stop thinking about her as she was hot” I was heartbroken – friends told me they flirted on holiday and warned him it wouldnt be happening if I was there etc (she threw herself at him) he assured me nothing happened and even said he wished it had as these feelings were not logical in his head. I moved out to stay with friends but since found out he’s went up to see her 2 weeks later (she lives 3hrs away!) 4 weeks later he took her to a wedding we were supposed to be to be going to. His/our friends and family are completely shocked and no one saw this coming as we were the perfect couple! It’s been 2.5 months now and doing my best to move on she’s just a direct replacement of me! And completely opposite to what he likes – it’s gut wrenching. He’s thrown everything away for a holiday romance he is desperately trying to make work – surely it can’t last once honeymoon period is over?!

August 30, 2018 at 1:22 am

Glad for you Claire…glad its helping you. Lots of content and resources here, so feel feel free to explore. I think your personal healing and recovery should take center stage.

Sarah Matthews

August 22, 2018 at 7:29 am

I was with my ex for 4 months and he broke up with me becuase he hasn’t fully dealt with his divorce and is finding it hard to give me what he feels I deserve (I too have gone through a nasty divorce). Our relationship was going well, we got along really well, no arguments, fun nights out etc. We were about to go on a second short holiday and I know he gets grief from his ex about their daughter which he finds incredibly stressful and so he ended things just before we were going. I know he hasn’t handled things well but I had fallen for him and handled the end respecting his wishes and with grace and dignity. Once I did this I immediately had some kind words back from him, an offer to meet for a ‘friendly drink’ down the line and bizarrely a selfie of him with his newborn nephew. I have undergone N.C. since and it has been 3 days. It’s hard to think how to self improve as I had to do a ton of this since divorce anyway and I’m pretty sure nothing I did contributed to the ending. I’m finding it really tough and am obviously wandering if he’s even thinking about me at all. I can see now that I was probably a rebound relationship but I still feel we had so much going for us if the circumstances were different. I’m worried the N.C. scenario might not be right in this case becuase he has a lot of stress in the background and am worried how about how to deal with any further contact from him in the near or distant future which I have a feeling will happen as I really don’t think he was 100% about ending things but couldn’t cope with the extra stress in his life. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks

August 25, 2018 at 12:15 am

Hi Sarah!

You might want to pick up my eBook, “The No Contact Rule Book”. It gets into self improvement and recovery intiatives in some detail as well as how to best implement the no contact rule. Its a pretty extensive book, 247 pages…nothing quite like it on marketplace. It gets into how you can adapt NC and make it work for you and how to modify the period of NC depending on certain developments and past history.

Jasmine Welch

August 22, 2018 at 1:07 am

So me and my boyfriend happen to be in the same friendship group and we were best friends before we got together. In the past few months, he’s finished things twice. The first time he was so certain he didn’t want to be in a relationship until he saw me a week later and begged for me back. The second time( which is currently happened) happens after an argument at a party, he decided he couldn’t do it anymore and a few days later went away with his friends to xante (where is he now ) and ended up having sex with someone else. He is still on holiday and claims ‘ if he wanted to be with me he wouldn’t of done it’. Will this change? What can I do to make him want me back? And is he just showing off?

August 22, 2018 at 3:17 am

Hi Jasmine!

Your ex sounds a bit immature in how he is managing things in the relationship. I think implementing no contact would be the best medicine and having an ex recovery plan so you understand all the ins and outs will be helpful as well. You can go to my site’s home page to learn more about some of my resources.

Megan

August 21, 2018 at 4:30 pm

I am going through a really tough breakup at the moment. My ex and I broke up almost a month ago now after a few explosive arguments, I just couldn’t take it anymore and asked ‘is this it?’ We kept in contact for 2 weeks, we met for dinner and he basically said he wants to work on himself and his growing business. I then asked for no contact as it was all too hard for me. He wasn’t willing to fight or try and work on what we had, he said he didn’t feel any emotion. My ex suffers from depression, he stopped taking his medication around 5 months ago. In the last few months of our relationship, he became an unrecognisable person to me. He showed no interest in me, he was always irritable, low mood and wouldn’t look me in the face for the majority of our conversations. I often suggested he go back to his GP and get medication for his depression and he would fly off the handle and tell me to stop moaning. I’m the only person who knows about his depression, any time we were out in company he would act like a completely different person than the person I always got to see. He has now however went back on his medication since our split. I have stuck to no contact, which I know will be a shock to him as I was the one who was willing fighting for us. He blocked me off Instagram the other day, which I didn’t react to either. I’m just curious as to what he’s actually thinking? Was it just the case that he didn’t want to be a with me and didn’t know how to end it? Or is he genuinely just lost and overwhelmed by his work and depression? Any kind of help to ease my mind would grateful.

August 21, 2018 at 10:23 pm

Hi Megan!

I am so sorry you are going thu tough times, but time will help mitigate this along with a strategy to focus on your personal recovery. That is key. I think sticking with No Contact will benefit you and optimize your chances going forward. Having an ex recovery plan is important so go to my home page and look at the resources I have there!

Soledad

April 6, 2018 at 10:33 am

SO, per Chris’ request, here goes a shortened version:
    I was wih my bf a little over two years, we clicked instantly, had great chemistry and connection in every aspect, we fell deeply in love, I’m 34 he’s 29. He has a very unhealthy relationship wih his mother, she smothers him 24/7, sends him texts constantly, even though he lives alone, she goes by his house almost everyday and cooks for him, buys him clothes, etc. Sometimes he doesn’t like her invading him but mostly it doesn’t bother him. She intrferes in every aspect of his life, he cannot make a decision without asking her, he tells her absolutely everything and in his eyes she can do no wrong, but she tretas him as if he where a 5 year old, its a case of enmeshment (I believe that’s what its called), as a result, he’s super insecure about everything in his life and has low self esteem.
    So at first I got along with her fine (Aforgot to mention she’s seriusly delusional, she has psychiatric issues), but the whole relationship with my now ex bf bothered me, eventhough I never asked him to change that. End of last year, she meddled with something very important of mine, private, lied to her son about it and he sided with her. I knew I would loose him to her the moment I confronted him about it and thats what happend, after a few arguments, and several tries, he broke up with me; our connection and chemistry were intact until the end.
    Its been a month since the breakup, I’ve been doing NC for about two weeks, but I am afraid he will take it as a rejection, since he has a very sensible and sensitive personality. He said he didn’t want to stop talking to me…recently he told his father that he is really confused and needs time, but what I wanna know is: does he miss me, does he think of me, is there a chance for us? It could never be whatnit was, but I dont’t want to not have him in my life…I thought I had found the one, despite everything…

April 7, 2018 at 4:54 am

I think the best bet here is to kind of not give in to your fears and give the nc rule a try.

I know you are scared he’ll take it as rejection but you know what…

That’s how I want him to feel.

We need to create a sense of urgency and a fear of loss.

This will be a great starting point to do that.

Soledad

April 7, 2018 at 3:30 pm

Thank you Chris! I know I’m doing the right thing doing NC, specially since a few days after the break up I texted hiim “I miss u” and he lashed out at me, telling me absolutely everything I had done wrong, and several times I asked him to admit that he too had been wrong, his response? “I know I’m not perfect but enough is enough”. His disturbing relationship with his mother has completely destroyed him and his self esteem, if you so much as raise your voice at him, he thinks you are attacking him, but he has a kind soul (I’m not idealising him, dont worry!)
      Again, withthose last few texts we exchanged, I was the last one to write, so the ball is in his court, so to speak. And I’m trying to convince myself that those angry texts he sent are better than nothing, if he’s angry, he must feel something…maybe I’m wrong, dont know really.

Thank you for answering personally to my post!

April 7, 2018 at 9:48 pm

One thing I hear almost no one out there talking about is the important of timing.

Sometimes if the timing isn’t right you can do everything right and still fail. The no contact rule kind of helps that process along.

Soledad

April 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm

It´s me again…I´ve been going crazy, really, today marks one month since the break up, a little over two weeks since no contact. My ex father in law texted me and said my ex had told him he´s confused and needs time (don´t remember if I had already mentioned this)
      The thing is, and again I cannot emphazise enough that my ex is not like any other guy, his sensitivity is through the roof, that´s both what makes him a wonderful guy, but it´s also one of his biggest flaws combined with the low self esteem. Just wanted to comment that he did not break up with me once, but three times, first one I begged him and he agreed, a week later he broke up with me again, but the following day asked me for time, because he didn´t know what to do, until he finally broke it up for good four days later (every time HE bawled his eyes out, cried non stop). And then he wrote those angry texts I mentioned earlier. Am I naive to think his feelings haven´t changed eventhough he said they had? The way the break up unfolded was weird, he seemed to go back and forth not knowing what to do, now he tells my father in law he is confused….am I reading too much into things? I cannot stop thinking about him, thinking all we could have done differently (hindsight is 20/20 I know) and I keep obsessing over everything! should I just give up, accept that it´s over and move on? Because I don´t want to keep holding on when maybe nothing changes…(I am working on myself, therapy and group therapy, excercise, work)
      I´m determined to maintain NC though…but like I said in my previous post, don´t know how he will take it…I do know it will give him time to process everything.
      I´m going nuts Chris, really…

April 11, 2018 at 12:25 am

Hi again. I know if feels crazy for you now, but it will get better. This may not be over yet! You just need a blueprint of some kind to help you along. Consider my ebook, “Ex Recovery Pro” which you can find in this website’s “Product” section. Just click on my Menu to find your way there! It is chalk full of strategies and tactics!

Soledad

April 8, 2018 at 2:09 am

Yeah, I’m determined to maintain NC…..and in the meantime work on myself, getting stronger emotionally.
      Thank you again, Chris!

Soledad

April 5, 2018 at 7:22 pm

Forgot to mention, I was with my bf for a little over two years.

April 6, 2018 at 12:08 am

I don’t mean to delete your comment but do you think you can shorten it a bit for me. I’m almost out of gas answering today and you said something in there that I’m not allowed to let be on this site.

Emotional In… you get the picture.

Soledad

April 6, 2018 at 7:27 pm

Chris, thanks! I wrote the comment again this morning from my ipad and it said it was awaiting moderation, but now from a pc the comment is not showing, any way that you have it somehow on your records? I dont want to have to type it again.

April 7, 2018 at 4:57 am

I got you all taken care of!

Soledad

April 6, 2018 at 10:17 am

Ah, ok! Sorry about that.

Shelby

March 23, 2018 at 2:09 am

Hey there! So my boyfriend broke up with me about a month and a half ago. It was very unexpected and a little messy because we had been drinking the night it happened. We were pretty serious to have only been dating four months. I really thought he was it for me, we just got along so well and had so much in common. Both of our families thought so too. He had invited me to go on vacation with his family in April and taken me to look at a house he was thinking about buying. Even asking me if I could see myself living there! He had told me he loved me (drunkenly, I will admit). His reason for the breakup was that “he didn’t feel like he should about me”. I personally think he got cold feet because he slowly started acting weird after we saw the house(his idea). He always talked about the future and then BAM, it was like a switch was flipped and he changed his mind. I did really well with no contact and didn’t talk to him at all until after the 30 days. Even though it almost killed me. We actually had a fairly friendly short texting conversation last night when discussing him coming to get his things but I don’t want to get my hopes up at all. I still want him back after a month and a half of being apart. I will be seeing him in two days for the first time to give him some things back and I just don’t know how he will act. How will I really know if he is interested in getting back together? He’s the quiet thinker type, not one to express his emotions much…I truly think he got scared. If it is just fear of commitment, is there anything I can do to get past that wall? I feel like he just wouldn’t let himself love me completely. We had a real connection. The type you don’t just find every day. And I’m not just saying that because I’m heartbroken. NC has really given me time to get it all into perspective and improve myself and my frame of mind. I’m at peace with the breakup but that doesn’t mean I don’t think we were great together and could be again. Thanks for your help in advance!

March 28, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Ashley

March 14, 2018 at 5:52 am

Hey!
    My boyfriend and I dated for 6 months and broke up. Well I did the no contact and over 6 months of us being broken up he came back. It was everything I ever wanted. We forgave each other and worked through things. This time we’ve been together 8 months and we started arguing over past things. But finally found common ground… so I thought. He gave me a card saying how he was so sorry for our rough times and he loves me so much and hopes we figure life out together. Well days later we got in a dumb fight. Said hurtful things. I left to cool off and not even an hour later he moved everything out of our home including his sons things. And he refuses to speak to me. It’s been almost a month since he left and only 2 weeks since we haven’t spoken a word. I’m trying no contact but I’m not sure what to do. Please help me.

March 15, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Hi Ashley,

That means you have to take it that he broke up with you and start the count of nc from the last time you initiated and replied. How active are you in improving yourself?

Danielle Spradbury

March 12, 2018 at 9:44 pm

Its been nearly 3 weeks since he broke up with me and at first i was devastated but now i am getting my finances sorted i can see light at the end of the tunnel we had a phone call today and he was telling me hes dating other woman and i said thats ok now cos i dont want to be back with you and said i will be going out myself and he said be careful cos there are idiots out there which made me feel that he did care

Hallie

March 9, 2018 at 8:59 am

Me and my depressed unemployed ex Fiancé broke up a month and half ago. The day we broke up he close off himself and told me he wants to die and I feel helpless. He also said that he has no affection for me anymore. Hence, I broke up as I gave up after trying so hard to support him. But later regretted bcos I love him so much.

After a month of no contact, he texted me “Hey.. How are you doing” and then he said he still wants and love me and took him long to straight himself out. He also ask “If I want you back.. U want it? Just asking” and I told him we can discuss together if we want to talk about r/s. He said should meet up soon but not now because he is in lost mood? No idea what that means.. Then he ask if i was sleeping with anyone and I told him that it is none of his business. And he got mad. I don’t know if I should put my hopes up. I was ready to move on and this is holding me back.

Will be seeing him on Monday as he has a short class at my training center where I work. Not sure what to do. Should I just ignore him throughout or approach him to talk abt our r/s?

March 12, 2018 at 5:11 pm

Hi Hallie,

If he didn’t change, do you still want him back?

Catherine

March 9, 2018 at 8:19 am

I recently was in a 1.5yr long relationship where my ex and I did everything together. I am a very strong and independent woman and he has been hurt by past ex’s, but also he cheated on his previous relationships. During our relationship I never once stayed at his home without invitation. At the time we finally broke I was staying 4-5 days per week, doing all the cooking, cleaning, laundry and making sure he was happy every night after work. I massaged him several times per week and pampered him to the hilt. Throughout our relationship he indicated that he would never tell another woman that he loved her, but he would show it. He truly did show it our entire relationship. He had a new house built and I shopped for all his furniture with him, I decorated his home, I purchased items that he has all over his home. We shopped together, spent massive amount of time with his family and had an incredible sex life whenever he wanted it. He asked me to bring my clothes over and had a drawer setup for me. This was not an act and I truly loved giving him this treatment. One day I had an incredible feeling that I needed to look at his phone. Never in all the time we were together did I ever do this and I trusted him 100%. I found a girls name on facebook that he was looking at. Within the next week or so we had a very minor disagreement that I felt we needed to talk about. I always walked on egg shells with him and this was the first time I stood my ground with wanting to discuss this. He immediately said he wanted to take a break and I immediately responded,”I think we should”. I then left his key and took my belongings and left a note with my feelings of love for him and wishing the best for him. This was 12/28, note that he broke up with me the year prior on the same day. Later that week was New Years Eve and he changed him profile to single 30 minutes before midnight. I immediately unfriended him. We went a whole month with no contact, then I started texting him. I was completely hurt by his coldness and he would not respond, but would always read them very quickly. One day I had to stop and pay a bill at his work and drop off his items and I made a point of talking with him. He seemed very depressed, but after our talk he seemed in excellent spirits. I msg him that it was nice to see him and he said the same thing. Then he went cold again. After several days of txting him I told him that it was not right for a woman to pursuit a man and that I would let him be. One day I called him after several days and we had an excellent conversation. Then I asked if we could possibly have a chance again. He said he did not love me. I thought that was so strange because his actions were nothing but of love. I ended the conversation and did not send anymore messages. 1.5 months went by I realized that I had left several items at his home. I asked if he would bring the rest of my items to his work and he responded. He brought them to his work and I went and picked them up and made a payment and left a check for money that he loaned me (he never thought it a loan) and I sent a msg to make sure he got it. We started talking and he said that he would contact me later because he was with someone. This was on 2/15. He made a point of telling me that we would talk soon. I told him no problem. I actually needed to ask him something so two days later I sent him a txt saying that I needed to ask him the question about a bill we shared. He started talking to me and we had a great discussion. I thought that was awesome. So the next week I had a devastating day found out that I have to have a surgery immediately that would put me out of commission for close to a year. Plus my engine in my new car just took a tits up when I was parked at the park. I asked if he would come during his lunch and talk with me. He agreed and we had a wonderful conversation that was supportive and uplifting. He also inquired about a guy that I was talking with and the status. I really thought we would get back together after that. The next day I txt him and asked if we could talk that night over the phone, he asked,”what do you want to talk about”. I said that I wanted to talk about having a friendship, but by his response he seemed hesitant and I was wondering if he was pursuing another woman? And that I did not want to be a wedge between them. He indicated that he was hesitant because he is seeing someone. I immediately figured that’s what happened when we broke up and responded with, “Oh ok, that kinda shitty”. He immediately responded with that he never was with anyone but me during the whole relationship and he wanted me to know that, and that he knew I wasn’t with anyone. He said they had only been together 2 weeks. I apologized and immediately was crushed. I then responded with why he would move on so quickly when he said we should take a break. I then sent him a lengthy message about everything I thought about our breakup and how his acts of love did not match up to his words that he did not love me. I told him that was the last communication I’d send him, said I was sorry for my part and wished him luck. The next day he went to my friends work and told his close friend that he was dating another woman, knowing his bragging was going to get back to me. 2 days went by and I was walking my dog and out of the blue I thought of the name I saw on his facebook search and knew where she worked. I walked in and asked for a haircut appt. Later that day that girl contacted me and grilled me about him and wouldn’t leave me alone, she knew everything about me. I told her that I connected the two and that I knew he was a cheat, which made everything make sense. She swore that they were not together when we were together and she seemed worried about me wanting to get back together with him. I told her about the meeting at the park and how he cheated in the past. I was pissed. I txt him and called him a fucking cheat and to never have his women call me again. I told him, “NEVER EVER FUCKING CONTACT ME AGAIN”. She bugged me till 3:30am and read all the txt that him and I shared and informed me of that. I blocked her from msg’ing and facebook. Now I love this man deeply and I believe that he is scared to commit and found the first girl that seemed greener. He is 54 and she is 37. I am 44. She does not seem too intelligent while conversing with her, I am highly intelligent as is he. I am wondering why he would be conversing with me while in this relationship with her and I am wondering how his little relationship is going now that she is paranoid about me and his other infidelities. I am now going to do the “no contact” approach with him. He has always told me how much he looks up to me, how smart I am and that I didn’t do anything wrong in the relationship and that he really liked me a lot, he just doesn’t love me. That never sat well with me and seemed like a hokey response full of holes that didn’t match his actions. Suggestions are very welcome here.

rose

March 8, 2018 at 8:25 am

My ex broke up with me 2 weeks ago and since then I keep begging. I was toxic in our relationship and he has his faults as well. Our trust is completely broken. My last message to him was he is going to regret what he did to me. I am so angry at him for dumping me but I want him back. I need your help.

March 11, 2018 at 11:00 am

Alex

March 6, 2018 at 10:34 pm

Hi,so i got my ex back ,but not When i tried to do so(it didn’t exactly worked out,we got together but very quickly he said that he stands by his previous decision) but when I tried to recover and move on.He told me what a mistake he made and he wants to rebuild our relationship.I agreed.Its have been 2 months but I have a major trust issues that he is going to leave me again and I can’t really engage in our relationship,I can find myself trying to not be so attached to him anymore.Sometimes I have a little breakdowns that he wants to leave me and it’s all in my head because he is not giving me any reasons for that.There are times that this situation is making me feel very anxious.What can I do?I know that this behavior is destroying what we want to build.I’d love to hear your advice.

March 10, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Hi Alex,

Have couples therapy and your own personal therapy. What new personal routines have you started since you got back together? Like going out with your friends once a week, or volunteering alone or joining a workshop?

Tara

March 5, 2018 at 3:50 pm

My ex and I️ broke up about ten days a ago. When we parted he said he was extremely depressed and needed time for life to kind of fall into place for him. He also texted me and told me he loved me and this wasn’t forever. Then he texted me again and sent a bunch of mixed signals. I️ stopped replying because he said he needed time and I️ agreed to I️t. I️ was very positive and tried not to act desperate while still letting him know I️ cared and would rather be together but that I️ understood. He started to be resistant so I️ just stopped responding. He texted me a couple more times and I️ did not respond. Finally he asked for one of his items and was slightly snappy about I️t. However, I️ have a ton of his stuff and he only asked for one thing. So do I️ take him all of his stuff or just the one thing? I️ don’t want to come off as harsh or to be mean or seem uninterested in any chance of being together in the future.

March 10, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Hi Tara,
      You can ask him of he would like to get other items too..

1 2 3