57 thoughts on “What Do You Do If Your Ex Is Talking To You Before No Contact?”

Anonymous

November 8, 2017 at 1:49 pm

So im on day 7 of my NC period. It’s our second breakup, that too over the phone, via texts.
    So here’s my question , when we guys were together he wasn’t that much into social media but as we broke up, I’ve noticed he’s active, a lot, on Facebook. What could be the reason? Is there some other girl or he’s just trying to divert his mind? I don’t think it’s some other girl but then you never know! Please help!

November 8, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Hi Anonymous,

he’s probably trying to divert his mind.. you should be active in improving yourself and in posting.

Chanelle

September 23, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Hi Team,

My boyfriend and I just broke up last night. I broke up with him because he can’t express his feelings and is always so neautral on the surface even though he’s told me before he loves me deeply but can’t express it because it’s hard. I broke up with him over text stupidly thinking that he would stop me and I would get a reaction out of him. He got upset but even after I broke up with him and we called he said “you broke up with me, clearly this is how you truly felt” even though I told him I didn’t mean it and thought he was going to stop me. We’ve dated for half a year and are long distance. I was supposed to visit him next month.

He still wants to continue talking to me because he said he still loves me and he even ended the phone call with I love you. I told him that I was going to cut contact with him off for good but he got hurt and said he didn’t want to do that. He wants to keep talking to me as though we’re dating but doesn’t want to date. He wants me to still visit him next month which is exactly in 4 weeks. We have two months before I won’t be able to visit him anymore (we had plans to live together next year August). I’m afraid of doing the no contact rule and turning him off and ruining my chances of seeing him in person as well as making him think I’m no longer interested or love him what should I do?

September 28, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Bey

September 11, 2017 at 3:00 am

So I’ve been dating this guy (it’s been about a year and a half) on and off. When we first started talking, I didn’t really like him that much and we eventually stopped talking after a few months. A couple of months later, he reached out to me again and we went out a couple of times again but we just sort of fell out. After a few months (earlier this year) we started talking again but he made it a point to tell me that he wasn’t going to be talking to anyone else and that he was just going to focus on me. I still didn’t really like him that much but I continued to talk to him and I grew to like him even more. He used to ask me to be his gf but I always refused since I didn’t like him, but after I started to, he didn’t ask me anymore so I asked him why and he said that after some thought he realized he wasn’t ready for a relationship yet because it takes a lot of work. I was a little frustrated by that but I tried not to push the issue so we were just really exclusively dating but after a couple of months, I wanted a little more because I felt like it was just an excuse to not be official (he wanted me to meet his cousin and introduced me to his parents and sister via FaceTime) and I thought were doing all the things that a relationship pretty much involves so why not be official so I told him that I would give him time but eventually if we didn’t move forward I would start talking to other people and he asked me to be in one about a week later. Well we lasted about a month before he called me and told me that he didn’t want to necessarily break up but he wanted to “postpone” the relationship because he doesn’t want the relationship to crash and burn if he’s not fully being committed because he wanted to focus on his family time and his job but he also felt like I liked him more than he liked me and he doesn’t want me to get too invested and it doesn’t work out. So I said that was fine but the next day, I see him on snapchat at a party and his ex (who he was with for 5 years and engaged to) was there. That wasn’t a problem to me since I know they have the same group of friends but I didn’t like that she was so comfortable to grab his phone and post herself on there like it wasn’t a problem. I asked him about it and he said that she just took his phone and that he didn’t know she posted it and he deleted the snaps. I was starting to think that he “broke up” with me because he knew she was coming back in town but he said he didn’t know. He also said that they had tried getting back together before but it didn’t work out and that was over a year ago before I came in the picture. He hasn’t lied to me before but I find it really confusing on what to do because he’s not really an emotional person and idk how to read him. I don’t know if he’s subtly telling me to move on or if he actually wants to focus on work. He’s even said how he would understand if I wanted to talk to other people but he wasn’t going to just because he doesn’t have time. I’m not sure what I should do. I don’t want to wait for him but I also don’t want to talk to other people if there is a chance that’d we’d be back together. Should I just give up or start with no contact?

September 14, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Hi Bey,

Have you done nc? If yes how many? If no, try it first and do at least 30 days

Lisa

July 17, 2017 at 7:43 pm

I broke up with my ex 5 days ago, today is his birthday and I accidentally Facetimed him (an honest to God accident). I clicked after 1 sec, but it obviously went through. He called back, but I didn’t answer. How does this affect the no contact rule?

July 18, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Hi Lisa,

That means you have to restart the count.

Shorty

July 10, 2017 at 7:26 pm

My fiancé just broke up with me and wouldn’t tell me why. He just kept saying ‘I gtg’. But the last conversation we had a few days ago he said he loves me and admitted he loves me a lot, and said he’s a lil afraid to lose me. I don’t understand can you help?

July 14, 2017 at 9:07 am

How many times have you broken up?

Melissa

July 8, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Hello I have a question my situation is a little different. I’ve been dating a guy for 10 months. He doesn’t want to be exclusive. I’ve done the no contact rule several times previously and broke it. He now says that he keeping his options open and still wants to be fwb with me. I’m so confused right now, but I can’t continue to play the back up person for him. So will no contact work if I stick to it, or is it a waste of time?

July 9, 2017 at 7:24 pm

How many times have you done it? Because the more you do it, the less chances of it helping you

Sally

June 26, 2017 at 6:28 am

Hi Team,
    You may remember a post I sent before but I’m back to square 1 and need your help.
    So a while ago my partner dumped me. I went straight into no contact and did so well, improving myself along the way. However, there was a work outing and he came and spoke to me which then ruined the whole thing for me and I tricked myself into thinking that it was now time to start contacting him. What a mistake!
    So for a couple of weeks I sent the type of texts you recommend and it looked like it was working until he brought up something I said to someone else about him. He did not like it and has caused a rift once again. We have spoken and he has said that due to a few key factors he does not see us getting back together. These key factors weren’t an issue at a start. They are age (19 years apart) and religion (although I am now on his wavelength he doesn’t feel comfortable about my family).
    I am hoping that the fact we were together for 2 years goes in my favour. Would he really put up with me for that long if he didn’t like me? I have noticed things that he would overlook now started to irritate him. However he still incredibly loving and caring. He continues to talk and loves the attention.
    So do I stand a chance if I already had a go at no contact and failed? Last time we split I did everything you shouldn’t and managed to get him back. But I want to show I’ve matured and respect his wishes.

June 29, 2017 at 6:56 am

Restart nc.. And stick to it this time..if it doesn’t work, then at least you can move on after doing what you can

1 2