2,733 thoughts on “How To Use Text Messages To Get Your Ex Back”

Heartbroken

July 20, 2013 at 5:14 am

I am following all your steps but wanted to ask your opinion as a guy.

My husband left after seven days of marriage. I admit, I let myself go. He has told me twice that it is definitely over but we could stay friends so I went into NC, telling him that we are not meant to contact each other for 60 days.

This is day 10 of NC but I was wondering is it really that easy for a guy to just walk away after seven years of marriage?

1. admin

admin

July 21, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Sorry for the late response.

At first when I read your comment it said “seven days of marriage” I was like that (*&^(*(*. Hahaha but I figured you meant seven years.

I think that the biggest problem in cases like this is when you are with someone and faithful for so long things can get a bit dull, its just human nature. However, I don’t think it is easy to leave someone you have spent that much time with. That is just me though.

Cata

July 19, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Hello Chris,
    I would just like to thank you, your site has been monumental in getting me through my breakup with my ex-boyfriend. Anytime I need reassurance and confidence as to why I am following the NC rule and that there is hope in reconnecting with my ex your site has done wonders. Thank you so much!

My story is one that still evokes a lot of emotion. I was with my ex for three and a half years. Our relationship was perfect, especially the first 2.5 years. To the point where our families would celebrate holidays together and spend weekends at his cottage. We were extremely close and we loved each other unconditionally. He was my best friend. Since November 2012 we had been having problems, his partying was annoying me he is 27 I am 23 and it seemed like over night I grew up and he didn’t. Much of what he did, his mannerisms and attitude what I found to be sexy and loved about him began to bother me. The biggest issue was his drinking and partying and the fact he began to neglect his health.. We had multiple talks about it and his reasoning was always Ill change when we live together..
    We went on a trip to Dominican in February 2013 (we always had a couples trip every year) and lets just say it was the beginning of the end for us. It was a disastrous vacation and By Easter 2013 we were on the verge of breaking up. Without thinking I left town and hopped don a flight to Vancouver without telling him or my family, I just needed to get away. Since March I had began to talk with my high school ex boyfriend, and what began as innocent within a month wasn’t as he expressed he still loved me etc and that is who I went to visit in Vancouver.

I come back and my ex boyfriend as well as both of our families are extremely upset but Dan loved me so much he was willing look past it.. We took a break but would still talk every day etc..By May we started going on dates and spending time together again and it was going well but one drunken night he took my phone and read messages I had with my ex from high school that were not good. My high school ex was professing his love talking about how he wanted to come visit me in Toronto and thing of that nature and I was reciprocating the messages..not to the extent of saying I loved him but I wasn’t pushing him away either.

After our mid-may explosive fight where my ex said he never wanted to see me again and that it was over forever I was inconsolable and a wreck. I realized that what I had done was terrible, I messaged my ex apologizing and doing everything I could to get him back (the wrong way) but my ex said he was still angry, humiliated and “sure as hell does not trust me” and to not speak to him again.

I gave him space (but still texted him once a week) and fast forward to mid-July we last talked 10 days ago and the conversation was positive. He said he would like to see me again and we reminisced a little about past times. However he made it clear that he is still hurt, embarrassed (my ex is an extremely proud person)and does not trust me. I’ve talked with his friends and they say he is really enjoying the single life and is happy.

Today is the 10th day in NC and I hope it works.. Based on our story (and sorry for writing a novel) do you actually think it is credible that we will get back together? A lot of the doubts I have is that he loves being single and “not having to answer to anyone” (the last few months of our relationship I can admit I was very naggy and just not my usual care-free self)I am also scared that I wont be able to show him that I am trustworthy again..(I broke that trust in a major way.) I have used the NC to better myself and have done a lot of self-reflection and I know the changes I have to make but I am worried its too late 🙁 I am just honestly scared I will loose the love of my life..

Thank you for listening and would greatly appreciate your unbiased advice 🙂

1. admin

admin

July 19, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Hello!

So, that is a sad story. It sounds like you guys had a perfect relationship until he started screwing it up with his partying ways which eventually led you to your old ex high school boyfriend.

What else are you doing during No Contact?

I think it is a real possibility that he enjoys the single life. However, I would compare it to a drug. Eventually he will come down off the high and be looking around for a girlfriend. You have an advantage because it seems to me he really has a lot of feelings for you.

EL

July 17, 2013 at 6:17 am

Hi there,

Thank you for setting up this website. It’s useful!

We broke up last month, reason is he don’t love me anymore, and he had a lot of dissatisfaction towards me which eventually lead him to decrease his feelings towards me. We had stopped contacting each other since 2 weeks ago. But I still miss him and care for him.

We are supposed to watch a concert this weekend. The ticket is with me. What should I do?

Thanks.

1. admin

admin

July 17, 2013 at 7:00 am

I’ll take your convert ticket!

No I am just kidding. Umm… that’s tricky.

I say see about the concert first and then come back and ask my advice.

Bri

July 16, 2013 at 9:39 pm

So me and my exboyfriend broke up and didnt talk for two days after we broke up but on the third day he texted me asking how i’m doing etc. do i text him first this time or wiat for him to text me next time..

1. admin

admin

July 17, 2013 at 6:47 am

Well, ideally you wait 30 days before texting him…

Darcy

July 14, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Hey Chris, love your site it’s so useful and so helpful.

I broke up with my ex a little over a month ago. I was doing NC with no issues when about a week before my NC was up, I got a call from my ex’s ex-wife. She called me asking for my ex and I knew it was her. I just said that she had the wrong the number and hung up. About a half hour after it happened, I texted my ex this: “Amy (his ex-wife) just called me. WTF?” He immediately texted me back: “Who is this? And why would Amy call you?” I’m not sure why he would respond that way as we were in a long distance relationship so he knows my number as the area code is different. He texted me again a few minutes later saying: “Sorry I lost my phone. What did Amy say and who is this?” Now, I am almost positive that he knew it was me and that he knows my number. But I was so hurt that he would respond that way that I just never answered his text. That was almost two weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything else from him since.

My question is, what do you think this means? I feel like he was just playing a game with me since I haven’t called/texted him in almost a month, and his ego is a little hurt that I haven’t been chasing after him. I plan on continuing NC for another 30 days because I just don’t want to initiate contact after that last episode. Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks again for all the work you do, it is very much appreciated.

1. admin

admin

July 15, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Hi Darcy,

Thanks for your kind words about my site.

So, you think he was playing a game huh. I think that the best way to approach things is to not contact him again till your NC is up. Right now, just focus on getting through that.