218 thoughts on “How To Handle Friends And Family Who Disapprove Of You Getting Your Ex Boyfriend Back”

Emma

January 22, 2015 at 6:02 am

Hey Chris,

It’s been a year since my ex (of 3 years) bf left me for another girl..and he kicked me out of the house.. So as you can imagine, my family and friends think he is a totally jerk for breaking my heart..even his family were soo upset in my behalf (his parents offered his old bedroom at their place! Lol) but everyone knows (he does too) that I still love him..I’m still living my life, seeing friends and family. But man, I miss him and such a big piece of him missing from my heart..

1. admin

admin

January 22, 2015 at 5:04 pm

I understand your predicament.

I am really sorry that he did that to you too.

Have you put any of the advice on this site to use yet?

Emma

January 26, 2015 at 4:16 am

Thanks Chris for you empathy! I bought the manual.. Read it cover to cover! I loved it! I would try to send him texts occasionaly of a fun memory(with knots in my stomach) and he does responds.. But then *poof*gone! He’s 39 she’s 25.. It’s been a year for them..

3. admin

admin

January 26, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Darn!

Well, maybe whats happening is he doesn’t want his girlfriend to see hes texting you cause he know he will get in trouble if she saw it yet here he is still respoinding to you.

Emma

January 27, 2015 at 2:41 pm

What do they British say? “Keep calm and carry on..” I think at this point, is to continue to move forward.. I loved him fully and unconditionaly..I made my mistakes (communication stuff-but nothing like cheating, stealing or meanness ) and was hoping he would coming back in my arms. But it’s up to him at this point.. I’m going to be ok.. Thanks Chris for your big heart and your listening ears.. And many blessings to you and your new bride! :))

5. admin

admin

January 28, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Good attitude Emma!

Keep calm and carry on 😉

felicia

January 21, 2015 at 10:01 pm

CHRIS! This is great, havent read it yet but this is so up my alley and i cant wait to dive into this! I went into a month of nc and recently added him back on facebook. I think things in life are better, besides stuff with him and im just taking it slow and not going in with any big expectations. Loving these new articles, still would like to see one about walking away. Hope all is well! Gonna go read this now 😀

1. admin

admin

January 22, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Hi Feliia!

Hope you enjoy it.

I am slowly but surely trying to write stuff specifically to peoples questions so don’t worry, the walking away one is going to come.