547 thoughts on “You Broke Up With Your Ex Boyfriend And Now You Want Him Back”

Dee

December 6, 2019 at 7:04 pm

l met this guy on an online dating app.. we have been chatting/calling since 3 months now.. we haven’t met in person.. after the first month of chatting, he had to go to his native n he s gonna b there for next 3-4 months.. there is no internet or sms service in that area so we would only call each other.. he seemed very emotional, honest guy and cared for me.. he calls me every morning and we would talk for 20-30 mins everyday.. his parents got divorced when he was a kid and had a difficult childhood.. he was in relationship with many girls and says he is not good with relationships and doesn’t want a commitment as of now…. last month he stopped calling me all of a sudden and answering my calls for 2 days n third day he picked my call but gave me blunt answers.. i got emotional and started to cry and confessed that i am falling for him, in turn he said that he is into me and because he doesn’t want a commitment he stopped answering my calls, as at a later stage it ll hurt us a lot.. i was so attached to him that i wouldn’t let him go.. n we started to call each other again.. from the very beginning i have noticed that he doesn’t like me going out with friends for a movie or party or anything..n whenever i do, we end up arguing or he stops answering my calls.. he advises me to spend more time with my parents, which is good i agree .. but i need a social life too.. he does not socialise much and doesn’t talk to anyone much.. he mentioned this several times in past 3 months that he likes talking to me and he has never spoken to anyone as much as he does with me.. i know he likes me.. this last fight was again because i went for a bday party with friends(though he did not admit it)..he called me that evening but doesn’t want to talk n said i m busy i ll call u later..i called him again n again n he got irritated n asked me not to bother him..i was upset that he fought over a silly thing n i texted him “” I am really sorry about yesterday… I have never called anyone in my life so many times when they said they were busy.. i think i m interfering a lot in your Life..even though i like you a lot doesn’t mean i can bother you so much… you take care of your health and family and have patience in life… Thanks for your short visit in my life- i m gonna cherish it forever… I ll miss you.. take care again !! Bye !!””…. and i deleted his entire chat conversation ( when there is internet, he ll receive this text) .. i regretted it later, but i cant do anything now, the chat was already deleted .. I thought he s angry n needs some space so i called him after 4days, he did not pick.. i tried again the same afternoon and next morning, he didn’t pick again.. after a week, he replied to my text saying ” wishing you a great life ahead.. it was great talking to you.. be good and happy in life.. take care and bye .”is it over? i like him and want things to work out.. i know moving on is an option but i dont want to giveup so soon..

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

December 6, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Hey Dee so if you want to try get this guy back then following the program is your best bet, but if he is not willing to invest time into talking with you then there is a chance this can be a long process where you will need plenty of emotional control and patience

Lee

October 14, 2019 at 7:07 am

Hello,
    My ex and I dated for two and a half years. I broke up with him after we both suffered a loss and he wasn’t there to support me. We got back together after he poured his heart out to me and promised to change (which he did). We got engaged and talked about moving in together. However, I was never able to forgive him for abandoning me during a time of need. It’s been two years since we broke up. I still love him. I’ve been wanting to reach out to him but I haven’t been able to find the words and the longer I waited the harder it got. I’m pretty sure it’s too late but I can’t stop thinking about him.

BE

October 5, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Hello there,
    My ex and I dated for 2 and a half years. We moved in together and got a dog. About 4months ago, I started feeling unappreciated and so I gave my ex the cold shoulder for 2 months before leaving him alone in the apartment and moving back with my dad. A few days after that, I ended things with him.

I quickly regret doing that but felt it was wrong to try and take it back, so I just left it at that. About a month ago, I told him I still had feelings for him and he said he wasn’t sure if we should get back together because of how I made him feel in those 2 months I completely rejected him before breaking up; we agreed on friendship and i let him control the interactions. Recently, I told him again how I felt and apologized for everything I did and that I regret what I did and he told me that he definitely couldn’t get back with me because it hurt too much (even though he said he really wanted to); we once again agreed on friendship but he hasn’t spoken to me since (it’s been about 2 days). Will NC and following your steps work for a situation like mine?

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

October 6, 2019 at 3:11 pm

Hey BE, so you’ve hurt him so he needs time to get over that but you also need to earn his trust again as a possible romantic partner. I suggest doing the NC and then doing the being there method even though there isn’t another woman on the scene essentially you need to show him how you are the best choice for him out of anyone he potentially does get to know over the next few weeks.

Darcy

September 18, 2019 at 9:41 am

My name is Darcy. I am interested in winning back my ex boyfriend. I am not sure of my chances of it working or not, or how to go about it in an appropriate way. Let me explain mine and my ex boyfriends situation.

Two years ago I was accepted into a position that would allow me to work in another country. This position had always been a dream of mine and I explained this to him before him and I were even a couple.

Him and I dated casually, then became an official couple for about a year and a half. I ended up applying to this job and was accepted in. It was a very difficult decision for me to either leave for two years abroad, or stay with him. I ended up leaving because I knew if I didn’t, we may end up breaking up in the future and I would then decide to leave abroad, or worse, him and I would stay together and a part of me would hold onto resentment that I didn’t fulfill my dream. So I left the relationship, knowing the risk of losing him. Him and I decided together to not attempt long distance. He supported my decision, although I always knew he wished I would have stayed, but did not want to be selfish. Overall though, him and I had a great relationship and ended on very good terms.

Him and I have talked and caught up on life every few months during the time I’ve been abroad. Ive been gone two years and I am now returning home in two months.

I recently heard he had been seeing another woman. I reached out to him directly to ask. He confirmed and said he has been seeing her casually for about a year, and that they became official ‘a bit ago.’ I then told him how I felt about him still and that I had thought a lot about reaching out to try it again with him. Then I found out this information and I was very confused and disappointed, but that I would respect his relationship.

I am wondering now what the chances are that he may come back to me? Is there any way I can pursue him while still respecting his current relationship, or is that not possible? There are many factors involved and I am confused on my next best step to take, if any step at all.

What should I do?

Darcy

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

September 19, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Hi Darcy, so if you were to want your ex back, you need to read about the being there method. You do need to have some no contact period between you both too as this interaction was emotional and he just told you he was in a relationship now. So NC 30 days minimum and work on yourself in that time to be the ungettable girl (you can also read up on this topic through many articles)

Caitlin

July 20, 2019 at 3:31 am

Hey Chris & team

I have a unique situation and I am in need of some advice. My ex boyfriend and I dated for 1 year and I broke up with him. I’m a teacher and I needed to move to a new state for my career and he is moving to a new state for Grad School. We’ll be about 1000 miles apart! We both knew of each others situation when we started dating and we planned to move together but I was not mentally straight and I was having a lot of stress and anxiety and I got cold feet about moving and I broke up with him and immediately regretted it! We didn’t talk for about 35 days and now we’re talking again. I just bought your program so everything thats been happening between he and I for about 3 weeks was before your program! We started talking strong and its been good so far but lately I’ve been communicating with him more and he’s been kind of “bland” with our conversations. Just wondering what level should I be focusing on in your program? And how to make a long distance relationship a possibility? Thanks!

Patricia

May 22, 2019 at 7:21 am

This is Patricia, I met my ex four months ago and it felt as if I was meeting my soulmate , we share the same interests, values , dreams and it feels as if he is the male version of me. He’s Irish and I’m Spanish and through the relationship we have encountered kind of language barrier / cultural problems about how we understand each other, nevertheless I always felt this was something we could overcome.

He asked me out very early on on the relationship because he also thought I was his soulmate and even I thought this was very early I was very excited and I accepted to formalize our relationship.

Through the relationship , his attitude changed and I started feeling I wasn’t a priority and or as if he wasn’t giving his 100% and this of course affected me and I communicated with him. After a while he realized he needed time to think and he says he is figuring himself out , but he is afraid of losing me and never again finding someone he matches as much as he does with me.
    I felt attacked and I decided to split up with him , because him thinking made me feel as if he was questioning my worth, I established the no contact rule but it’s been almost two days and this has been killing me , I feel worse than ever and with a huge fear of loosing who I consider my soulmate forever , just because of a huge misunderstanding.

I want to get him back in a committed way, but this distance is killing me and I actually feel devastated. Please give me some advice.

May 22, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Hi Patricia…I know it can be tough in the early days. It might help you to pick up my Program (EBR PRO Bundle) as it includes a lot of material and also free access to my Private Facebook Support Group

Tonia

May 21, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Good day, I

Felicia

May 19, 2019 at 5:16 pm

Hey! My ex boyfriend and I have been dating for about 6 months now. We love and trust each other with everything. It is an online relationship so we mostly talk on the phone, text, and game together. One time we were gaming and his friend (a female) has joined and started talking to him. They both speak English and Spanish, and I dont understand Spanish. She was making fun of my voice and said “why does she sound like that” and mocking me in Spanish and he was laughing, but then whenever she said something in Spanish, he would reply in English (im assuming he did that to let me know what they’re talking about). At that moment, my body was shaking, I was so hurt because she was dissing me and all he did was laughing with her. He didn’t even defend me or ask her to stop. So I left and he texted me saying that she’s been his friend for the longest time and this is the first time she acts like that. He even said that she was just hating. I told him that she probably had a crush on him and she saw me as a threat, he said he doesnt know. I was so hurt because he supported her bullying me (when he laughed along) and I was crying. He said at that moment he was caught of guard and did not know how to react. I even heard him calling her “baby” as they spoke in Spanish, and i feel that they have something going on. That is why i called him fake because he did not pick my side. At first he was telling me to grow up and not make a big deal out of it, and that I shouldnt abandon him because of that incident, but I told him that this incident has shown me a lot about him. When I asked why did he laugh with her at me, he said “it sounded a lot funnier in Spanish” And tried to play the victim. The next day I told him I’m done and he started to apologize and telling me how much he loves me and I mean to him, but I told him that he probably likes her is why he picked her side and did not even tell her to be nice. Then I blocked him.

This happened yesterday and ever since then i feel so depressed and guilty because I’m not sure if i did the right decision. I am so hurt and I want him back because I really love him, but he keeps gaming with her and even if they dont have anything going on behind my back, I will always feel jealous because he is playing with a girl that dissed me.
    I want him back because when I feel like I was a bit mean to him and did not give him a chance to talk, I called him fake and blocked him right away.
    Please help me. What should I do now?

May 19, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Take a look at picking up my Program (EBR PRO Bundle) as it will give you some tools to figure out how all this works. Sometimes just having some space and time apart can make a big difference, especially if you are doing things to reinforce your value.

Sabrina

April 13, 2019 at 8:57 pm

My boyfriend and I recently fought and it was all my fault. The relationship is new (2 months) and we’re still figuring things out. We are also in a long-distance relationship .

One day he told me he was sick from over fatigue and didn’t tell me about it until I messaged him. That pissed me off so I snapped with “how would I know?” I started to pick a fight with him and told me to stop because it’s not helping the situation.

I told him I feel bad that I’m not there to take care of him. My emotions got the better of me and I ended up saying things I shouldn’t. One being what set everything off: I broke up with. Even told him he’s better off without. I knew I should think twice in sending that message, but I sent it. He read it and after a few hours later I apologized for my behavior.

He didn’t respond on my messages so the next day I asked him if he’s still mad at me. He said “no, I’m just being silent.” He then said that he’s always been patient of my outbursts but what happened yesterday was just alarming and he needs time to think and recover from his sickness.

The next day I apologized again and this time he told me that doesn’t think he can go on. He told me the following things which were hurtful:

“You’ve hurt me so much.”
    ” i guess I won’t go on. I’ll just get the love and longiness from my kids”. (he’s a single dad
    “i’m bad at handling trauma and you already gave me one”

He sent me a lot of messages saying that I’m selfish and that I’m just adding to his existing problems. I was crying because it felt like talking to an entirely different person. I asked him to give me another chance and he said “I can’t right now, you’re not helping in my recovery ”

Now I’m actually confused if he did mean to break up with because he sounded uncertain. But at the same time he said that he needs to compose himself. I stopped messaging him and wonder if that breakup was official because he seemed unsure of it. He used words like “I think” and “I guess” like for example he said “I guess I should leave” instead of “I should leave”.

At this rate I just don’t know if he wants to go back to me after the pain I put him through. I hurt him so bad and I know no amount of apologies can make him feel better. What should I do at this point? I’m going to give him time, but is it going to work seeing I gave him trauma from sending him a breakup message that I didn’t mean?

bee

April 11, 2019 at 3:10 am

Hello, Chris!
    This is going to make the most sense if I provide to you the whole background.
    My ex and I were together 2 years before he left me for another woman.
    3 Months passed, I felt the worst heartache of my life, he was my soulmate.
    I almost got into a new relationship but right before i did, he came into my life again, very apologetic and reality slapped him in the face. We had a very deep soul connection I love him so much. So within the next 3 months we got a house together, I moved in for the first time, he bought us a puppy, put a down payment on a car for me, and of course, proposed to me.
    It sends chills throughout my body to call him my ex fiancé.
    Because all I’ve ever wanted in life was to marry my soulmate (who doesn’t?)
    The excitement lasted for a few weeks until I realized what all was happening.
    Feelings started to resurface for the guy I almost dated before my ex came back into my life.
    Literally weeks before we got engaged I snuck out while he worked night shift to see the man I almost dated and kissed him (but nothing more)
    He went through my phone and found out
    He was devastated
    He never treated me the same after this
    The guy used to be a good friend of his years ago
    So my ex became very mentally abusive and clearly resented me. I tried so hard to make it up to him, I wanted to marry him for Christ sakes. But he became more and more hostile. I was frightened and didn’t know how to fix it. All my friends told me to leave him because they thought it was the only solution. So I did. And boy did that create a whole world of problems that I wasn’t prepared for.
    So here I am in love with two people. I spend time with the new guy now and I do love him but it absolutely feels like my soul is calling for my exes. The bond and love we shared is so unexplainable. He texts me occasionally but seems very hurt and angry no matter how much I profess my love for him it seems like he doesn’t care. I’m 21 almost 22 living with my parents again. I can tell they are upset with the situation. He texted my mom while she was away and asked her how her and the family are.
    I’m so sick to my stomach about this and it is causing so much depression in my life
    I’m stuck in a rut and don’t know what to do
    Any advice would be appreciated

Florence

December 2, 2018 at 9:57 pm

I broke up my ex because I didn’t feel I was a priority, despite us speaking about it one week prior. I realise now that it was a mistake however since the breakup we’ve hooked up with each other twice. He says that he cares about me, we have great chemistry etc but by me breaking up with him he realised he needed to work on himself. Is it too late to start the steps? Is there hope?

December 3, 2018 at 9:33 pm

There is always hope Florence, but your focus should be on your own healing and recovery. Implementing no contact can help you with that and tapping into my Program can give you the big picture view of how you should proceed going forward!

Stephanie

November 27, 2018 at 9:13 am

My ex has depression which he is now taking meds for. However, when he isnt well or things are not quite right he snaps at me constantly, and this really hurts.
    His dad is dying and as. Physio and a partner Im trying to help him through this. He asks questions about what I think and when I answer its not to his liking, or I may suggest things that would help, but he says Im making him out as if he knows nothing. Ive explained this is not my intensions, I only want to make life a little easier.
    So, the other day we went to visit his dad but everything I suggested he snapped my head off at. I know this maybe grief and him coming to turns with losing his dad, but I also dont think it right that I become he verbal bashing bag.
    He behaved in such an aweful way that night I told him I couldnt take anymore and walked out.
    I feel terrible and I really do love him, but he was breaking my heart with his verbal comments.
    He did not respond to me walking out except, has blocked me.
    Im so confused, I feel hurt Ive walked out at a vulnerable time for him but Im also hurting from being verbally abused.
    Can you help?

Princess

September 19, 2018 at 12:39 am

Hi Chris
    I broke up with my boyfriend because I felt he wasn’ t making me a priority. His reason was he was “busy”. He never made time for me. I told him this 3 weeks ago. He broke up with me and said he can’t make time at the moment. I said ok. But then we talked it through and got back together. We were ok for about a week. Then things started sliding. Don’t want to go into details. Also note it was long distance. I got frustrated with him yesterday because I barely heard from him over the weekend and when I did it was like a one liner text. So I told him I felt him fading away and I didn’t want to be ghosted on. I told him it felt like he only talked to me “when he had time” which to me means I’m literally at the bottom of the barrel. I told him I was done. I couldn’t take his behavior anymore. So I ended it. I felt I did the right thing. Then later today I found out he unfriended me on FB. But didn’t on IG(I unfollowed him). For some reason it broke me. I just cried. I sent him a message and said I couldn’t believe he unfriended me that if he was trying to hurt me he succeeded. He responded and said he unfriended me because I asked him to “go away”. I just said ok and left it at that. All I wanted was for him to realize how he was hurting and maybe change. At the same time I’m prepared to leave if he doesn’t step up. 🙁

September 19, 2018 at 2:56 am

Hi Princess!

I am sorry things slide away so fast. Don’t be alarmed. Breakups are not that rare. He seems to be either insensitive or out there feeling sorry for himself. I do think you should implement no contact. Go to my home page and check out all the resources I have that will help you put together your ex recovery plan.

Summer

August 5, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Ok thanks very much Chris. Is it possible to delete my previous comment? I’d prefer to not have so much personal information on the internet! The story is quite easily identifiable! Thanks 🙂

August 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Took care of deleting that comment for you!

August 5, 2018 at 2:21 am

Hi Summer!

I am glad you were calm and felt empowered in managing this latest situation.. That is so important, not matter what happens with this relationship. You know…it have always believed the future is moving with all sorts of possibilities. We can influence it to some degree. There will be different paths you can choose to walk and it seems to me you are finding out more about yourself and your needs in a relationship…and that is a good thing. So I think you are on a very good path. Keep radiating positivity and embracing fulfilling experiences while you are engaged in your LNC. Either he catches up with you in the emotional maturity department or not.

August 5, 2018 at 2:21 am

Hi Summer!

Brooke Killette

April 24, 2018 at 1:11 pm

So I broke up with my boyfriend after 2 years, this has been the hardest pain for me, Im 24 and he was my first boyfriend, and the first man I lived with. but we haven’t been getting alone we just are different people and want different things in life. but at first after I broke up with him he would text me and say “this is hard”. He showed up at my house the weekend after I broke it off and said he still wanted to be with me. I still said I wanted to be alone. He started me really mean to me yelling at my, blowing my phone up. I stayed civil with him and was calm, even nice but he choose to just be hurtful to me. He blames me for everything and says I’m the devil for hurting him. Its been a few days and we haven’t talked but I cant help but miss him and wonder if I made a mistake I know there is more fish in the sea, but I’m really shy and hes been the only one I could be myself with. Yes we are different but I’m so hurt I’m always crying but I’m still keeping my distance..maybe we just need some time apart. I don’t really know what to do. I’m scared I lost him but there is a list of things we just cant agree on.

April 24, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Hi Brooke…I think you are right. The two of you need some space apart and that is what the No Contact period is all about. Go pick up a copy of my ebook, “Ex Boyfriend Recovery Pro”. It will help you with what you should be doing during this No Contact period and if you do want to get him back, how you go about doing it. Right now. emotions are running high and mistakes of words and actions can be made easily. He is displaying a lot of this with his outbursts. You will get through this pain Brooke. Start a journal and start writing some things down is one small measure you can take. Staying active and creating some healthy routines routines is also important. Go take a look at the ebook I mentioned (found at my website Menu/Products link) as it will serve as your Companion Guide throughout this process!

April 24, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Happy

April 21, 2018 at 2:04 pm

i broke up with my boyfriend, cuz he was geting mad that easily…then he deleted me from facebook and skype…then i msged him trying to understand why is he acting like this..we broke up twice before this,but he never deleted me this is the first time he does that.
    now, i want him back so badly idk what to do :'(

April 21, 2018 at 11:55 pm

Hi there Happy! We need to get you back to being happy!! I know break ups hurt, particularly the rejection part. Seems like he is going thru his anger stage. Have you picked up a copy of “Ex Boyfriend Recovery Pro” yet? That is probably the best Companion Guide you will come across that will help you throughout the entire process. Go take a look at website Menu/Products to learn more about it. To optimize your chances, you gonna need a comprehensive blueprint!

vega

April 16, 2018 at 2:49 am

Hello. My ex and I of about a year broke up roughly 5-6 months ago. I was the one who broke up with him for factors that were issues within myself, between new distance giving me cold feet and a death of a family member bringing me down into a spiral of depression. I made up a reason that we should break up that I fully believed to be truth at the time, but in hindsight it was not. Our relationship was incredibly good, both of us leaning on and helping each other through a lot of rough instances and issues. I encouraged him to make some big decisions that I was really proud of him for! 6 months later, he’s all I can think about. I really think i was in love with him. And I ruined everything, but I regret it so intensely. We went no contact up until a few days ago when I messaged him again and he replied. It’s been light and amicable, and I’m happy for this, but I’m so close to breaking down and just telling him everything and apologizing. I messed up so badly, and I wish I had been someone better in the past.

April 18, 2018 at 3:31 am

Hi Vega….I know…the breakup hurt can linger for a good spell. But the past is behind us and so don’t be hard on yourself anymore. It seems you have learned from it, which is all anyone can expect. I want you to be your own best friend. It starts with that. If you like and love yourself, that only helps you in the future with him and everyone else you encounter. It is also important to have a plan…a blueprint to follow to maximize your chances of getting him back. So look into some of my ebooks resources (website Menu/Products link). It sounds like you guys are talking again and that is positive. Just go it slow and slowly ramp up the attraction. Keep everything positive. Remember, less is more. So don’t let your emotions over run you. In time you will have an opportunity to convey what your mindset was in the past, and I think he will understand.

Kelly

April 11, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Me and my ex had broken up a little over a week ago from our almost one year relationship with each other. Regardless of me being a junior in high school and him being a senior in high school, I can truly say that the both of us received and gave true love to each other. I can say that the problem between our relationship was me being a little too giving and understanding and him being a little too jealous and slightly controlling. The topic we would argue about the most would be my guy friends, but to overcome this, we would compromise and say that I wouldn’t put myself in settings that would make my boyfriend too uncomfortable and that he should be more understanding of me having friends for my social life; especially cause we’re just students in high school and our social lives are pretty important to us. However, I had decided to finally make the initiative to break up with my boyfriend because the past few weeks before we broke up, our communication had seemed off and it had seemed as if he just hadn’t loved me as much as he did and vise versa, and we weren’t meeting each other in person as frequently as we used to. Everything in our relationship seemed off and because he was going to be away from me the whole summer in two months and then go straight to college when he got back, I thought I couldn’t handle the emptiness. Our break up had ended on a good note, and it was where we both knew that we had feelings for each other but I had just persisted on breaking up. However in the days without him, I’ve realized all the faults that I have done to him in the relationship and how I could make it better if we had a second chance. I would rather go through the emptiness of waiting for him to come back then the emptiness of him never being next to me anymore. I still want to give myself time to really evaluate my feelings and make sure this isn’t a spur thought from loneliness before trying to talk to him because we had completely stopped contact, but at the same time I feel the longer I wait, the further his heart is going away from mine.

April 11, 2018 at 11:32 pm

Hi Kelly….I understand your dilemma. It is not an unusual for those going through a breakup. Just know that the future is always moving and lots of different things can happen, many of which you have not control. But you have control of your attitude and I can see from the prose of your writing that you are special and special things will happen for you, no matter how this turns out. Yes, having some space to get in touch with your feelings is always a wise choice to get in touch with your feelings.

1 2 3 4 12