206 thoughts on “9 Reasons For Why An Ex Will Text You After A Breakup”

Alli

January 20, 2020 at 12:37 am

The guy I was seeing ended things very poorly by allowing the new girl he was seeing behind my back message me from his account that they were together. I even called and he let her answer his phone to tell me to stop contacting him.It came completely out of nowhere and I was heart broken. I didnt understand how we could go from something to nothing in literally seconds. I took the news like a strong woman should and walked away. I didnt seek answers. I knew if he could do that he wasn’t the guy for me. I ceased all communication but didnt block him. I didnt see the need. Well I got a couple messages from him about a week or so ago but didnt see them till today. The first was a link to something we shared similar interest in. The second came a couple days later in the form of “Yo”. I didnt want to respond but my curiosity got the better of me and I messaged back. I mirrored his message and have yet to get a response. He has read the message but it has been hours and still no response. How should I take this? Why even bother trying to contact me if he is just going to ignore me. I don’t get it.

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

January 21, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Hey Alli, I would say that you have had a “lucky escape” from a guy who is clearly a cheat and wants to play games. Him sending that message, I would assume he was alone at the time or, not around that girl at the time. And then ignored because he was not able to speak to you after that. Ignore him and just focus on moving on from him!

Ms

January 13, 2020 at 7:39 am

My fiance and I have been together for over 8 years just recently in October he went in for surgery and aspirated almost Dying and which I was there The whole time and never Left His side. He recovered slowly from that and then went through the actual surgery because the 1st Time he aspirated prior to them cutting him. Then in November once he had 2 weeks to heal he went to Georgia to see family for Thanksgiving. He is on short term disability so he stayed until the beginning of December 2019 but when he was supposed to come back he never answered His phone and went to visit friends in Philadelphia. He said on his way back from Philadelphia he realized he loves me and cares for me but is not in love with me and cried the whole way Back To the state we live in not knowing how to tell me. 2 weeks go by with me begging and pleading and he agreed to take a break went back to Georgia on Christmas Day then came back the beginning of January in which he said he has decided hes over and done he doesn’t feel it anymore but everything ended on good terms and he still cares and loves me that needs to be Alone and not in a relationship right now. He said nobody convinced him and there’s no other girls but his dad and mom have had a rough time This last year then his mom had cancer and he has been working in seems very depressed so not sure what to do I feel like we belong together and told him I wait for him in which she replied I should move on and be happy. It’s now been over a month since to break and over a week since our official break up but we live together in a duplex something at my parents but he occasionly text me how am I and have a good night and be safe. Not sure if hes being nice or if hes having 2nd thoughts? because I feel the surgery Messed with him And it’s more of the depression now and not The normal Man I know. Like I said I still have faith hope for us I just feel he needs to take some time away and handle all the stuff is going Thorough but not sure. Sorry such a long comment just not sure what to take From When he texts me. I keep it Nice simple short replies back. i am just so lost and confused not sure what to do please help!

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

January 18, 2020 at 4:24 am

Hey Ms I think if he is in a deep depression he does need to focus on himself, but it does not mean that you wait on the sidelines for contact. Make sure you a living your life with your friends and family and enjoying life not putting yourself on hold for him while he works on himself.

Bee

December 25, 2019 at 10:32 pm

My ex cheated on me for 6 months. He even went through moving to a new town with me knowing he was cheating. About a month after we moved I caught him with her. He pro,owed to stop and we wer going to work it out, but a month after that he got mad and left because I confronted hi, about how he was still acting shady. Again he reached out next wanted to try to work things out, but kept being shady, so I told him I was done. He gain convinced me to try and I wanted to because we were engaged and had been together for almost 3 years and went through a lot together. We had always been so good together before this, so I caved and gave him another chance. We even had a really great weekend together like old times, but then he went MIA on me for 1.5 days. By then I was done. I love him and it kills me but I knew he was still seeing this girl. I told him I was though and he got mad. I stopped talking to him and found out that a week after he was in a holiday trip with her and her family. I was devastated, but realized I needed to move on no matter how much I love him. So I went and got the apartment key from him and told him he needed to figure out how he will pay his part of the rent, after all he signed the lease with me knowing it would take both of us to pay for it. Then Christmas (a few days after he got back from his trip with the other woman) he text me “you will forever be the one that got away”. What the heck does that mean.? I’m so confused and trying to let go, but he cheated and chose her. And it’s even hard because she knew about me because I had originally confronted them both when I first found out. Why do they get to be happy and I’m stuck being manipulated.

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

December 29, 2019 at 10:57 pm

Hey Bee, I am so sorry he is treating you like this and it is awful to say, but he did this because he didnt think you would walk away from him so good for you for standing up for yourself and showing your worth! He wont be happy with her, hes already tried to get you back, and you refused. She is going to know what he did to her and she will carry that around with her for some time knowing he is a cheat. Regardless of what he tells her, she was the other woman at one point. Build yourself up and get over the horrible situation you have been put through and come out the other side shining bright that you are better off without someone who is going to do that to you. He will be back to try and convince you that he has changed and wont see the other woman again

Melissa Vorster

December 7, 2019 at 9:03 pm

I broke up with my ex boyfriend about a week ago (but the feeling was mutual). This is our second break up since we started dating 2.5 years ago. The reason why we broke up was the fact that he started being really rude ad disrespectful towards me.
    We had a very nasty breakup and I haven’t spoken to him since.
    He keeps messaging me trying to pick a fight with me. He was even rude in these messages. I haven’t replied to any of it because of the no contact rule and I feel like we both need space to figure stuff out for ourselves.
    Why is he doing this?

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

December 8, 2019 at 9:33 pm

Hi Melissa, he is doing it for a reaction from you, and maybe he thinks that it isnt “over” and youll get back together. Keeping to your No Contact is the right thing to do as he needs to learn that you are not going to tolerate being spoken to like trash and he has to adjust if he wants to hear from you again. I would suggest that you do not break No Contact and reach out to him if you want to by the end of 45 days. I dont see him being too happy about being ignored at first but then he will start to assess why you are not speaking to him at this time.

tarana sethia

November 30, 2019 at 10:17 am

hi my ex replies on my instagram stories quite offen, shares memes and also once he called me & its been 2 months after we broke up.He did the break up by saying he dont have any feelings left for me and it was a 1.5yr relationship.I want to know that what he want now by texting me is it friendship or relationship.please help me getting an answer.I’ll wait for your reply.

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

December 1, 2019 at 12:49 am

Have you completed a full No Contact? If not then you need to go 30 days without speaking to your ex at all. Do not reply to anything including phone calls and texts

Inna Unguryan

November 22, 2019 at 9:02 pm

My ex boyfriend broke up with me a month ago, and later he keeps texting me asking me to come over. I’m confused, he told me he was going through a lot right now and now he’s texting me to come over? I don’t really reply to him back, and I don’t know what to do with him.

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

November 23, 2019 at 11:49 pm

Hi Inna stick with your NC and when it is over reach out as a friend but do not sleep with him unless you are back together as I feel he is trying to get a friends with benefits situation started here

Shawna Battaglia

November 5, 2019 at 2:27 pm

I’m curious why my ex will text me, I’ll reply and then there are no more replies from him. So I assume it was just a moment of missing me and so I try to move on and work on myself. Then a few days later, I get another text again. Same thing. Ill reply and poof, hes gone! There was a text where he did express he was missing me and still loved me and he did respond to one of my responses, then dissapeared again. Most of the texts are about how he’s trying to get a job or how updates about his current ones. See, I broke up with him after 5 years for the 3rd time cause he has a drinking problem, always made excuses for why he wasn’t working or why he wasn’t trying to better himself. He basically lived off me for free for 5 years. No ambition, just laziness mixed in with drinking, weed and video games. I wanted to have kids with him, go and do things and have a life with him. He was struggling and even was going through a deep depression. He knows he was wrong and apologized to me. His whole family still loves me and says I’m still a part of the family. He messed up big time and he knows it. The other two times we broke up, I was the one trying to get him back, not him. So I’m very confused on these messages. I feel like he’s either just lonely and missing me or is wanting to eventually get back together so is giving me progress reports on how hes doing. Its just so weird. Its like someone giving me the weather report lol. But my biggest question is why text me then ignore me? I keep telling myself I’m not going to respond anymore. Then he sent that “I miss you and still love you” text. Now its back to work updates. I really am not sure what he wants from me. Oh, and they are not not drunk texts. Usually sent during the day or evening when he’s working or at his sisters.

J

October 31, 2019 at 3:49 pm

Hey,
    What does it mean if my ex texted me after our second break up during NC? The break up wasn’t nice I was ghosted for a few days and he said it was an unhealthy/hard relationship from before the first break up and was just distancing himself up to the second Break up which was 6 months but we had no problems just a few misunderstandings. I made major improvements during our reconnection i definitely followed the UG rules but still got dumped again.
    There’s been some intense social media stalking and even looking at my friends pages… both texts were friendly and one offered to talk if needed but why bother now after saying horrible things? I have completed my NC rule but I feel as if I should wait for another message before talking again

Annie

October 21, 2019 at 12:39 am

I dated my bf for about 10 months, he was a nice person and did nice things however at times i felt like being unvalued and he treated me bad,calling me names and disrespecting or judging me out of anger. He was also very family oriented and then soon after he started giving me less time and everything and at that point our relation was at stake.He mentioned that he will have to reduce everything he does for me cuz his fam is getting affected. Both our fams didnt know about our relation.
    Then one day, after he mentioned he will give me less of everything when in fact i felt like he needed to put more effort, I started begging for him to come back and fix it (stupid ik). Everytime we met, it was normal but we did fight A LOT during our relation. Cuz his culture and mentality were very different to mine. After he had said that we he will do less for me and I begged, I gave up on him cuz i was absolutely hurt. He had also out of anger called me names like ‘piece of shit’, ‘worthless’ and also hurt my feelings cuz he made fun and insulted me for not being able to do things upto standard for his family when I put effort with all my heart. (our fams were family friends but didnt know about us). After all this, I got extremely hurt and minimized contacting him. Then one day he came to meet me and we were both crying cuz we had argued. He started blaming me for not wiping off his tears and insulted me in the worst ways possible. I was crying too and so hurt, he kept saying things like ‘why did i ever love you’, ‘you dont deserve love or even my hatred’ and so much more. I walked away but still he kept following me and kept clapping, saying that stuff out loud for about 10 mins straight or til we talked 2 streets.
    But the point is that he always apologised for all his behaviour, sometimes it felt genuine but then he hasnt changed and doesnt want me. I know for sure that he loves me and cares for me, and at times he does so much and makes me feel so good, safe and special but other times I feel hurt by how unvalued and mistreated I am by him. And it would be most of the day during our relation that I would go to bed crying, hurt and I was the type of person who would always be happy.
    I had also changed for him so much cuz our cultural differences, I adapted to his lifestyle because he gave me an option of either changing myself (a bit- in terms of what i wear, how i talk and act) or he would leave me. I loved him the most and thus agreed to changing. Idm changing but in return i wanted to be appreciated, wanted and valued, ALL THE TIME!
    Anyways after the day that he mistreated me in person, I had stopped talking to him completely. He came again to meet me just to apologise and i met him to listen, i always gave him chances to speak and apologise throughout our relation. That same day, our fams found out somehow about us, and as our culture is pretty strict or Id rather say doesnt allow dating, they talked to his parents that I cant be with him and told him directly that he doesnt treat me right. I did understand it would get hard once fams find out and try to separate us, all I wanted was for him to stick by me so we could try and make it work long term, convincing our fams. But I was heartbroken and felt betrayed when he stated ‘nothing can happen, theres no future’ Ofc he had made promises and we knew there would be obstacles in the way, but I wanted him to fight for me and if not then atleast to me, he could’ve made it seem like he wants us to put effort and make it effort. But then again, even before all this happened, he had made up his mind of not giving me what he used to and do ‘less’ so I guess thats why… But at that point I realised not only he treated me bad MULTIPLE TIMES, UNVALUED ME but also doesnt want me or wont fight for me. He would still talk to me, meet me sometimes and then made me feel this way.So i stopped contacting him for a week (note- our fams knew but we were still in contact). he would blame me for ignoring when i did what i shouldve considering I feel betrayed when he ddint fight for me. You know how people say, words matter nothing but at that point his actions or even words proved alot to me.
    After not contacting him for a week, since I had strong feelings for him, i ended up talking to him and we were on and off, I was pissed at him and angry at what he did and would argue and he would get pissed. My intention was to make him realise and want me (FOOLISH). This went on for over a month until i decided to stop hurting each other, meet and if he left me i decided to stop expecting and chasing and instead of showing how hurt emotionally he made me and express my anger and hurt to him, I decided for us to meet, spend a good last time, apologise and thank for everything and part ways. Because I wanted to go into no contact period to make him realise how he left and treated me. But I didnt wanna do it straight after i had been sending angry texts to him so I wanted to say sorry if I had hurt him. Even he lowered contact but came to wish me when i graduated (one of the good qualities i was mentioning- he was a nice person after all).
    But then when we did meet and end properly, every time it ddint work, we would either argue or start missing the other and start the meeting on a new day. On one of these meetings, he blamed me for blocking him when I had deactivated my accounts so he doesnt get hurt if i block, and I deactivated cuz he hurt me by unfollowing me and posting ‘time to find myself again’. In return of not trying to hurt him, I deactivated so i dont have to see any of that and be hurt also ensuring that he doesnt get hurt. But once again, he HURT me deeply by all the blames me put. He used really bad words and said alot of stuff to hurt me. Another time, he blamed me for talking to guys and would find proofs to show me. However, i did not even have my phone (my parents had took it) to be doing any of that. He judged my character and love. he called me ‘fake; and said he doesnt love or respect me. But I got so hurt and fed up, i couldnt bare the insult. i finally wrote him a final email, explaining his proofs and how defended myself. And then said he tested enough of my patience ik i wanted to end properly so i said the sorrys and thank yous in the same email, also making it clear whatever he did was too much for me to move on. Currently, after that email , i havent contacted or seen him and Im planning on it if i can control, but I genuinely am trying to move on considering that he judged my character and love. He crossed all limits, the day after he said sorry if he hurt me,not clearly admitting that he went wrong or wants me back. i bet he doesnt, he only wanted me to keep in touch but it doesnt work that way for me And tbh I just dont want to handle more of what he does and says,i feel like he has crossed all dots. Its my 5th day of no contact and pretty much every day he said sorry, or tried some sort of communication. I am the type of person who overthinks everything and even tho i was the victim, i feel bad ignoring, hurting someone or not responding. And after all he did, i still love him deep down but i cant tolerate him treating me that way or disrespecting and judging me.

WARNING: Ik im only saying all this from my perspective but i do know that i probs made mistakes too and hurt him at times too. Im not trying to portray myself as perfect and him as the bad guy, I did mention that he had good qualities and the fact that I fell in love with him, ofc I did think he was worth it,. I guess in terms of the relation itself, i dont feel like he valued me enough.
    Ik this is too much, but if someone can read and tell me if Im doing the right thing and what I need to continue with. Also just anaylze the overall breakup and relation and see where and how things went wrong because I feel confused and this overthinking just makes me anxious and hurt. Thank youu

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

October 21, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Hi Annie, so yes this is form your perspective and he probably has his own so thats where we tell clients to look at themselves and be brutally honest about their own faults and work on those to improve themselves during the no contact. You need to stick with a complete nc and then plan your texts and what youre going to talk to him about whent he time comes. keeping conversations positive light and short and NOT mentioning the relationship or break up. Good Luck

Jenny

October 15, 2019 at 5:29 pm

Hii!
    2 month ago My boyfriend broke up with me and gave me reason that relationship doesn’t work anymore because we had major terrible fights.He felt anxiety,depression because of our fights.I agree what he said,because in relationship I realize that i was so annoying, frustating and we were both blame each other , reminding his past biggest mistakes, i know that is also my fault so after breakup i was beg him to back in relationship but he doesn’t want relationship or committed to me. I am still trying to get him back also i gave him space and after a week over he is started talking to me everyday but not all the time.He asking me questions such as having food or taking medicines or reaching home, even he gives me fast replies, but i’m totally thinking about him all the time, because this is not first time ,one year ago we had breakup beacuse of the misunderstanding. I was waiting for one an half year for him on that times i was dating with him but he doesn’t want relationship. after so many days i decided to move on but that time he back to me and want relationship with me i forgive him and trust him again. when relationship get started again he is better person and win my trust back but after few months he is changing and i get frusted about his behaviour because of this we had fights, so this is confusing me.I still love him and want Our Healthy relationship Back, what should i do?

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

October 15, 2019 at 8:34 pm

Hi Jenny you start with No Contact for 30 days and work on yourself then read and read and read as many articles as you can, watch Chris’ youtube channels and get yourself prepared for how to text your ex and know how to handle the situation emotionally controlled

alysia

October 13, 2019 at 4:50 pm

i really wanan be with him and im same timein aceard of him contacting me its been 2 rs i think sinch he left me each he cotnacting me get hope.

alana

October 13, 2019 at 3:18 pm

My long siatance realtioshoip bf broke up with me after 5yrs we met in a game and stuff. He was ending with me cuz he said its gonan be the same and stuff. we talked and he said he would think about taking me bakck whic ive been waiting for so i despaird cux itd too hard to deal with the pain cuz idk how to acr . Onces in a while his contacting me he even sad happy bday ion my fb which never happend before and nowe he conracted me a little over a motn agter asking me stuf and when he contacting me he ask some really personal stuff. And tell ask me if i got the moeny and say its nto costing alot and i dont haver any moeny cuz of a car repaiir i dont get alot of moeny each mth and i ased if he thought about me he never replayed. Each time i gto a hope of beig with him and i still got feeligns for him idk what he wants from em or his intersted in me which is really hard cuz its hard for me to move on. I enver got a clousre or anything. Idk what to do or he really wanna be with me cuz i really want to. So if someone could clearn it up and tell me whats going on ´.im ppretty introvated and stuff and when i was with him i was really happy and idk if i sohuld come there and whats onna happen. Each time i ask something i never get an answere it hard for me to move on and i keep comapire ohter ppl with him . Even if i gave him alot of money and stuff just being with him made he feel like i could do anything. idk what he sees me at and i idk what he sees me at now isk if im his friend his gf or just someone he wantd to talk with when his bored.its hard for me to move on or get together with him which i hope he always wants me or be with someone els czz i got feelingsr when im kinda talkign to someone but not happy with it

Katie

October 3, 2019 at 2:19 pm

We were together for 3 years. He told me recently he’s extremely depressed and stressed out. He’s got emotional while expressing this to me. He said he needed space or a break to fix issues he is having with himself and to clear his mind. We lived together and I told him that’s fine I can give you space, I left and now staying with my sister. Problem I’m having is he asked for space but keeps texting me. I’m trying to give him NC but he’ll text me about work or his problems for the day, he’ll ask what I’m up to or how am I. It’s only a few random texts, whenever he has time. I’m trying not to respond quickly or look super available. He told me he still loves me and cares about me he just needs some time to himself. Do I just ignore him completely? Or do I just casually reply and be short with him? I don’t get what he wants from me. Please help!

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

October 3, 2019 at 10:01 pm

Hi Katie, so he said he needs some time to himself, give it to him. When we do NC we need to stick to it for it to be effective. Read all the materials here and get yourself to how the program works, and during your 30 day NC you work on being the best version of yourself so he regrets letting you go

Kilah

September 30, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Hi my ex text me saying that he was sorry for being rude to me and I deserve someone nicer and who will treat me better and he thanked me for everything I did and said bye. What is he really trying to say is he really fine or is he in his feelings? I haven’t replied to him it’s been 2 weeks since I last saw / spoke to him.

1. EBR Team Member: Shaunna

EBR Team Member: Shaunna

October 1, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Hi Kilah, by the sounds of it he is feeling guilty for his actions, its great you’ve not replied and dont! This shows you’re on his mind and the fact you don’t reply and finish your No Contact is going to work wonders if you do this right! Make sure you read up on how to complete it properly and how to be Ungettable

Addy

August 19, 2019 at 8:38 pm

I was seeing this man for about a month, introduced me to his friends, told me before he even asked me out he had told his mom about me, and he took my friends out to dinner. He was very open and great at communicating. Then out of the blue, he said he is too busy, and with his mother getting out of prison soon he can’t give me his “all”. He said he sees a future for us when things settle down though. He was just “too busy.” However, I see him while attending social events and out at the bars, same as me, every weekend – so ‘busy’ right?
    He saw me out Saturday night and texted me for the first time in a month: “Hey I hope you’re trip was incredible. I also hoped you enjoyed seeing your childhood best friend! Looks like the festival was awesome. You deserved that time.” Then 15 minutes later sent, “I’m sorry things have been weird between us, I don’t know what I’m supposed to say really, but I’ve wanted to ask how you’ve been doing. I really hope you’ve been well! I’m glad you’re having fun and enjoying life!! Be safe tonight!” I read them and haven’t responded.
    Is he trying to reconnect, or was he just lonely and thinks I am over him – since I didn’t look in his direction once the entire night? Should I leave it be and not respond, or should I start a conversation? Any advice would be incredible! Thank you for your time!

Mj

July 14, 2019 at 7:53 pm

I went no contact for a year. I’ve awarded myself a medal . We had a yo yo relationship in the beginning, moved in together for a year or so. It ended over silliness and stress. He still kept texting but it stopped after 6 months , no action on his part but I think test texting. Another 6 months of quiet and now he is back . Full force. I responded after a while keeping it short and light. Now I’m getting his life updates every 3 to 4 days . If he wants me back he has to say it 100 percent , he has to act . I’ve realized I am not going to make it easy for him as he has to do the work to commit . He’s a man . So I sit back and watch. I leave days for a short response and sometimes none . I love how you place his wanting to get back at 8 and 9 . So many women think it’s 1 and 2 …… big mistake . Thanks for your blog , site info . I consider myself an honors student ‍ I will have it my way or the highway . If he’s not working hard to get you back he is not being the man he is supposed to . Men are hunters those who are not see you as a crutch and are missing that man factor essential to bringing out the woman in you . I don’t kw if you’d agree but I heard once that when dealing with a man everything you would do as a woman , reverse it . Do the opposite of what as a woman you are wired to think that a man really needs . Sounds like a game of chess but really I think it is 🙂

Tamiya

June 24, 2019 at 4:54 pm

So I dated a guy in only 2 weeks. He was insecure about… well his make-out skill, so he wanted to end our relationship and be just friends. I ended it officially.
    I don’t want him back, but he recently checked up on me with messages like: “hey i’m back”, I just replied out of courtesy but then he left me on read. 1-2 days later, he was back with “well I see someone just unfriended me”, I answered “Please, only talk to me if you have anything important to say. Don’t bother me.” Then he said: “You know, women like you always make my heart sink.”
    I didn’t reply, but I’m confused. Why must he sometimes check up on me and all that since I’ve made myself clear before leaving?
    It wasn’t a serious relationship. I’m trying to move on, but his action keeps pulling me back.

Anything could help, thank you in advance.

Sar

June 9, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Hi Chris, my Ex text me a week after breaking up and one week into NC. He sent one text asking how I was – to which I didn’t reply to. Then another after saying he was sorry and he didn’t want to end this way. What do you think he means? We were together for over two years.

Karen

May 19, 2019 at 8:30 am

Hi Chris, any help you can offer me will be amazing. I broke up with my ex after long distance dating of 2 1/2 years. I am 48 he is 50. I instigated the break up due to what I felt was lack of commitment and where we were going. We live 2 hours driving apart. He has children, I have children. I love him and just wanted a little more. We had a great relationship and were great together. He was in the Navy for 28 years and used to long distance relationships, so for him the whole thing was easier. After 24 hours of the break up I realised I’d made the biggest mistake of my life and was devastated. I was an emotional wreck . I texted him and pleaded to talk , he responded very coldly and cut me dead. Next weekend we had tickets for a concert he bought me for my birthday, he has said he would like to go with me, even though he says he can’t be the person that I want in my life, but he still loves me and cares. What do I do ?
    I want him back . I will wait and work through what ever it takes. He enhanced my life and made it the best it could be .
    Any advice will be so grateful xxxx

Maria

May 12, 2019 at 8:19 pm

My ex and I met online and have been in a long distance relationship for a couple of months and have met up a few times when we were together. When I really needed him, and he knew that, he ghosted me for days (leaving me on read) until I got in contact with one of his friends. Only then, he angrily messaged me back telling me I shouldn’t have done it and broke things off with me, saying he didn’t care and he couldn’t deal with me or the issues in my life. After the whole ordeal, I basically wished him well and thanked him for a great couple of months before saying goodbye and thought that would be that. This was all done over text. It’s only been 2 days after the break up and he’s messaged me asking if I’m alright. I haven’t responded but I’m confused as to what he’s thinking and what his intentions are. I’d appreciate your thoughts and advice!

Maria x