44 thoughts on “How to Get a Guy to Stop Ignoring You”

Ash

April 10, 2019 at 5:57 am

Hey, love your blogs btw!!
    So my ex and I were together for 4 years and it’s been 11 months since we broke up. He was the one who broke up with me, said he “needed to find himself”. When we broke up I blocked him for about two months and I didn’t speak. But then it got to the point of him always hitting me up for stupid reasons too.
    We’ll fast forward these past three weekends he has been inviting me out to some events/parties with him and his friends. It’s been real fun. I guess it brought up old memories of us in my mind. So this past weekend, we were at a kick back that he invited me too and I got super drunk. I needed to tell him I miss him. (Silly me). All he could say is “this isn’t the time for this conversation, and you know I don’t want a relationship right now, but I got love for you”

*S/n on my birthday a couple months ago, he was the first person to tell me happy birthday as soon as it hit 12:00am!!!

Ash

April 10, 2019 at 3:12 am

Hey, Love your blog btw!
    But his actions are showing me that he obviously misses me. Am I tripping or is there still something there with us?? It has been two weeks since we’ve talked now.

April 11, 2019 at 3:52 am

Thanks Ash…glad you are enjoying the blog. As long as you have a sensible ex recovery plan, you enhance your chances.

Kari

April 7, 2019 at 11:31 pm

Would you recommend EBR Pro over 1 on 1 coaching?

April 8, 2019 at 4:20 am

HI Kari

Honestly, I’d recommend the 1 on 1 coaching because it’s so much more personalized and PRO is included with it as well as access to our private support group!

Hallie

March 31, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Hi Chris!
    There is this guy I’ve been flirting for months (we live in different cities so we text and skype). The problem is that he is in love with his best friend (they are friends with benefits, I know he would want more but she’s not monogamous). He is like obsessed with her, sometimes I feel invisible (I’m a bit insecure) and jealous, but I never let him know. I know about his situation because he told me when we started whatever we are having (he considers me his crush and himself as mine). I never let him know but this is killing me. I don’t know how to conquer him for real.
    We don’t talk everyday but we have a good balance on who initiates contact each time. I use to give him space (because he needs it for a personal situation he’s living) and he knows it and thanks me for that but never dissappear. I know he likes me a lot but I need to increase it, because I’m “competing” with a person who is like a goddess to him. And distance, distance is complicated. We were going to meet in a city between ours but certain things happened in his life (and mine) and haven’t talked about it in more than a month. But I don’t want to force him. And sometimes I think he will never text again and I am too scared to start conversations (furthermore the last time he was kinda distant, never happened before, so I don’t want to initiate this time).
    Can you help me, please??

Barbora

March 31, 2019 at 6:59 am

I am in really difficult situation. My ex broke up with me about a month ago. Then the next week he came to me saying he wants to try it again, that he really cares about me and he really likes me but is not sure of he still loves me. That the spark is over and that he’s used to me. And that he’s not looking for a serious relationship.
    But along the way he always seemed like he’s OK with serious relationships.
    I said to him to really think it through, because I can’t function like that. One day he says that it’s over, the next day he wants to be with me and he’s not sure what he wants and what he feels.
    Then he definetely broke up with me, but he said he wants to stay friends and I said that I can’t be just his friend. Maybe just for now, that I can’t do it right now.

Well, I applied a NC rule on him. It has been already three weeks, we haven’t written each other and we haven’t spoke.
    We see each other every day because we live in the same area.
    From the start he seemed like he’s hurting too. That he’s sorry for me. He always looked at me sadly.
    But now.. He seems like he’s okay with that. That he’s happy without me. He’s always joking with his friends. He doesn’t even look at me when he’s passing by.
    And it really hurts. He didn’t contact me in any way. I want to wait a little longer. But iam really scared that he’s happier that way. I want him to be happy, even if it’s without me. I don’t want him to feel devestated or anything.
    But I really love him, I want him back.
    And I thought he still cares about me too, that he’s just confused and overwhelmed with work right now.
    What shoul I do? Please help.

March 31, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Hi Barb….so I think you continue with your NC, but be sure to do it the way I teach it in my Program. One big part of NC is the self recovery piece, so that is important for you make some inroads in. I hope you have EBR PRO as it can go into more of all this, than I can here given my limited time.

SOS

March 30, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Can you create a blog maybe how stuff guys do or say to make you upset after a break up?
    My ex “claimed” to have a new gf two hours after we had an argument and ended things officially
    I don’t buy it since we were discussing getting back together days before and he said he still loves me and cares and we were slowly working on our issues.
    I think it’s a ploy to get a rise out of me and make me upset and or jealous. All it did actually was make me go into strict NC.
    Thoughts?

Marissa

March 19, 2019 at 10:40 pm

Does the NC rule apply if you discussed a break and not a break up. Some space for my bf to find out what its like being an adult on his own and figure his own stuff out. He initiated it – so I am obviously waiting for him to get into contact. This came 6 months before we were going to move in together and he moved into the apartment first and now wants space – but says he still loves me and wants to eventually live together he just needs to be 100% sure and not regret not having some time to himself. We agreed upon some contact to be initiated by him and dinner once a month until we figured it out.

March 20, 2019 at 1:38 am

Hi Marissa….so I think NC has some practical applications if he does not come around to realizing he is not doing himself any favors. So give your current strategy some time and see how you feel about it and if things are improving. But know that you can always employ NC for probably a better effect. Pick up my epic eBook, “PRO” as it can help you going forward.

March 20, 2019 at 1:07 am

I think its similar in many ways, except with a break, you leave open the possibility for some communication if you feel it will be positive and move things in the right direction, otherwise, moving more toward a full application of No Contact may be the right medicine. Go check out my epic 485 page eBook, “Ex Boyfriend Recovery Pro” so you have all the tools you need going forward.

Alice

March 16, 2019 at 7:46 pm

My ex has blocked me out on everything except email and will barely respond to those. The only times that he has was to tell me that he’s not ready to talk. I asked him if he was done with us and if I should just move on, he said yes and that he just wasn’t ready to talk. After that period of being a GNAT, I’ve ceased all communication, even though he’s been basically ignoring me since we broke up. Will he ever come around and miss me? We’ve been through a lot and it was on/off for almost 5 yrs and could be draining at times. We have a situation that leaves us tethered forever and I just want to be cordial at least, but he won’t even have a conversation with me, he said “he can’t”. There’s no true clarity. Should I just forget him and truly move on and let go?

Karuna

March 16, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Hi Chris

My ex and I broke up in January, I have started no contact. He says he lost interest in me and I bored him… Things he once loved now changed. He hardly opens up in fear that people will judge him… He has trust issues. Soon after we broke up he has a gf and puts her as his profile picture and unblocks me on WhatsApp. I was the only girl that met his family, he had intentions of marrying me but he now says I deserve better because he is a very shitty person. He said we can be friends but as usual I was needy and begged him not to break up with me. He’s so mean to me with his words it brings me to tears, it’s like he’s a whole different person. He contacted me once after the break up for his email password and that was it. He still visits two family members since we broke up when I’m not around. I don’t want to be the one that speaks first… I’ve always been the peacemaker and apologizing for things that aren’t my fault and I’m tired of being so desperate (he mentioned this) . I love him more than anything and I just wish he would contact me.

Kari

March 14, 2019 at 8:00 pm

my ex is not over me (his words) but he wants to be (also, his words) and he’s in a rebound relationship and absolutely refuses to speak to me. Helpppppppppp. Also, he does little things to seemingly get my attention despite claiming he wants nothing to do with me (like constantly checking/deleting messages on a shared e-mail account we both have access to)

March 15, 2019 at 1:20 am

HI Kari! Rebounds happen, so give it some space and time as it appears he is still vying for your attention. I hope you are utilizing my EBR Pro Program!

1 2