463 thoughts on “7 Signs He Will Come Back After A Breakup”

Roxy

August 3, 2020 at 1:25 pm

My boyfriend ended things with me 3 months ago. This is our second breakup. Our first breakup was last summer and we spent a couple of months apart – I reached out and we started talking and eventually got back together.
    As I’ve mentioned, this is now our second breakup. He ended things with me again. He text me on the day of the breakup and said that we aren’t compatible long term, that he doesn’t see a future with me, or marriage, kids, and that things will never change with us. He said I’m holding him back and weighing him down. He told me that we both need to move on to the next part of our lives! My ex has a very intense lifestyle and struggles financially – he is a poker player. He says that I don’t respect him or his values or his beliefs. He said he started to resent me towards the end of the relationship. I feel like every time things are hard for him, he just throws in the towel with our relationship. I personally feel like he’s self-destructed and took our relationship down with him! He said I’m not emotionally strong enough for him. He is very needy and always needs picking up at every turn when he’s feeling low. I just feel like he’s blamed me for everything. I’m clearly not good enough for him. We have been together for nearly 5 years and I love him and he loves me. I just wish he didn’t just quit.

I went into No Contact the day after the breakup. It has now been over 3 months. He hasn’t reached out to me and I have no idea how he is doing. He didn’t reach out after the first breakup so history suggests that he won’t this time. I feel like he’s really moving on from me and that we are over for good. I think I’ve lost him.

I’m not sure what my next move is. I’ve been in No Contact and have done this perfectly. I haven’t reached out, at all. I’m working on myself and trying my hardest not to think about him but it’s impossible. I love him and we have so much in common. I feel like we are worth it together and that we can have a wonderful long term relationship – I want a future with him.

Please can you help me and suggest anything at all that I can do! I fought for him last year, I just wish he would fight for me this time! Thanks so much for listening x

August 22, 2020 at 4:39 pm

Hi Roxy, if you want to get this ex back then you need to reach out and start the texting phase, there are videos and articles to help you with what to say and build rapport with your ex

Tina

August 3, 2020 at 12:23 pm

So I dumped my ex bf a 10days ago because we are from different countries and different religions, we were so good together, we got along a lot and mainly we could be ourselves around each other, we were happy together for 6months, but i never felt peace in my heart because he wanted us to get married and go to his country but i am not read to get married in a another country and with someone from a different religion. So everything was fine but i decided to tell him i can only take one either different religion or different country but two of them is two much. He told me he loves me( which i think is true) but the decision is mine. All i wanted was him to tell me maybe we can try removing the country for exemple because he is so attached to his religion but he didnt suggest any solution. I am feeling so bad and i miss him so much. He keeps texting and calling but we dont talk about the breakup

August 3, 2020 at 8:15 pm

Hi Tina, if you are officially broken up now you need to go into a No Contact and stop responding to him for 30 days minimum.

Grace

July 13, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Hello. My ex-fiance broke up with me about a month and a half ago. We were together for three years and 4 months and engaged for 6 months. I was blindsided by this breakup, and he couldn’t give me a reason other than “it wasn’t the right decision for him to continue the relationship.” He also said things like “He can’t see a future with me anymore” and that “He doesn’t love me enough to marry me.” This was strange to me because we’ve spend the past 3 years of our relationship planning our future and being very open about getting married and starting a family. We talked once two days after the breakup so he could answer my questions and so I could get closure. We ended on good terms and as friends. We talked again two weeks after so I could check up on him, but he did say that he isn’t interested in re-evaluating his decision.
    I know that he has been bottling up about the breakup, and that very few people outside his family know that we broke up and ended our engagement. We were supposed to be married in January of 2021. We were long distance for this academic year that has extended into this summer because of COVID-19. We were going to be reunited this month, but then the breakup happened. What should I do? I’ve been in NC since the talk two weeks after the breakup and haven’t heard a peep.

August 4, 2020 at 11:10 pm

Hi Grace keep going with your NC to 30 days and work on your Holy Trinity during that time

Constance Soga

July 1, 2020 at 1:47 pm

We had a miss understaing about my work issue and send a text and deleted when he asked i told him i though he was not interested and he send a text back and the following day he send me text saying he think his fine and enough and nothing left or to fix.

Sharrie

June 24, 2020 at 7:26 pm

7 year relationship, last few years it started to down spiral due to lack of communication on his part and being critical and negative on my part lot of variables contributed to it but basically as I said lack of communication from him and critical on my end ultimately, too much drama for him as every conversation ended badly with argument or me being upset

He blocked me on social media during break up and pretty sure I’m blocked on his phone as he no longer replies.

He told me at the break up that we could be friends, no more, no less, (we hooked up twice after that, I then became begging and needy so now I don’t get responses. Last I heard from him he wished me a happy Mother’s Day

For the most part I’ve been doing NC with a few slip ups

Now just barely into two months since breakup

June 27, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Hey Sharrie, if you start following the program there is a chance you can turn it around with your ex but you are going to have to be strict with yourself and focus on following the advice.

Cesilee

June 20, 2020 at 7:30 pm

Me and my bf broke up
    Out of a big argument and we came to a agreement to move out and not live with eachother. And he put his 30 day notice in amd I regret it and was begging for him back because I love him :(. He’s been ignoring but I kinda been stop contacting him and I feel deep down he hurts and doesn’t want it to go this way but there were more financial problems that has caused this I need advise

July 4, 2020 at 12:08 am

Hi Cesilee, I would suggest that you follow the program and work on yourself during your no contact

az

June 19, 2020 at 10:30 am

It’s been six months since we were together we had an argument and he said he’ll stay my friend forever but will never be in a relationship again with me I apologized to him for the argument but he seemed a little pissed off and now it’s killing me I can’t be without him because what I had with him I’ll never be able to give that to somebody else I really love him I really want him back I want to talk to him but don’t know where to start from I really want him he says we are friends but I love him

Millie

June 17, 2020 at 10:34 am

I Woke up and found a break up note from my exboyfriend. He says he had to go because his brothers don’t like me. We’ve been dating for 3 years though It’s a LDR. We had a strong bond between us. I love him and I don’t want to lose him. It’s nearly two weeks since he broke up with me. He has blocked me everywhere. Is there chances of me getting him back

June 26, 2020 at 10:50 pm

Hey Millie there is a chance, but the important thing is that you focus on yourself and being Ungettable. Showing that you are not going to chase him or try to get him to change his mind. While you are blocked you are forced to do a No Contact, but follow the advice given knowing eventually you will be unblocked

SK

June 15, 2020 at 11:55 am

My partner left me a few days back. We were together since 2018. He told me that he doesn’t feel the about me since 3 months and then finally admitted he likes someone else. But I was a very good girlfriend. Do you think there’s any possibility of him returning?

June 15, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Hey SK, there is a chance but you need to work on your Holy Trinity, and stay in NC for 45 days as he has said there is someone else. It sounds like he has the grass is greener syndrome, read articles on this website about this situation to help you understand along with the being there method

Dee

June 15, 2020 at 6:27 am

My husband left me a day before my birthday, a week before our anniversary because I was cheating on him. He left without a word and I was served divorce paperwork within a week. I signed them because he refused to talk to me at all. His family got up in my face and wouldn’t let me get near him. I had a child from a high school relationship that my husband had raised for 6 years. He left him too. Since then we haven’t spoken to each other in almost a year. I started casually seeing someone, accidents happen, and now in a month I’m going to have another baby alone. I miss my husband, but I know I can’t go back. And he’ll never come back. Some mistakes just can’t be forgiven.

Mary

June 12, 2020 at 2:14 pm

so my boyfriend broke up with me 3 days ago and when he did he said “baby I love you” and “if we end up together in the future I won’t stop it” but I didn’t believe he actually wanted to break up so I texted him the next day and called him and got no response. I want him to come back because he thought the problem between us was compatibility. I just feel like he didn’t want to try anymore. I begged him to try one last time but he didn’t and I’m hoping he will come around and try with me. I’ve been spending more time with my family and watching Netflix to distract myself. I just really hope he texts me saying he misses me.

Alicia

June 12, 2020 at 11:50 am

My boyfriend broke up with me 2 days ago,cause he got mad at me for buying him a expensive gift and said he don’t like me buying him things cause it’s a Pride thing and now he wants no contact with me..Will he come back to me? don’t know what else to do,I miss him so much

June 12, 2020 at 8:56 pm

Hey Alicia, there is a chance he can reach out yes. But for now work through the articles and stick to No Contact

Kami

June 9, 2020 at 10:50 pm

My boyfriend broke up with me two days ago.
    His career is the same as mine though he is older and is finishing his PhD. I am a little behind with mine so I am finishing my masters degree. He always supported me. Helped me with getting books for my thesis or he read the text that I prepared.
    He talked like we were about to be together foverer. I met him 7 years ago and we were dating for the past one year and we even moved in together pretty quickly. Now he broke up with me saying that he fell in love with me 7 years ago, he loves me now and will always love me but we are just too different and we have to break up. There were no signs for that whatsoever.
    I was in shock. But I am trying to overcome it. I am working on me thesis, went to a therapy which I wanted to do for a very long time and I am working as well.
    I was always the one to overthink and suffered because of that.
    If he really loves me, will he come back? He offered me his help with the thesis during the breakup but since then we had no contact. I am not trying to reach him. But I just want him to really miss me and realize that we are good together.

victoria

June 9, 2020 at 2:01 pm

my ex boyfriend and i broke up a little over a week ago after 5 and a half months of being together. he broke up with me because of some issues we were having. he said he didn’t want to break up but he really felt like he needed to be by himself for a while, he cried and held me in his arms for a long, long time and told me how much he loved me and that he was so sorry. he was confident in his choice the day after we broke up, but then the next day he said he wanted to stay friends with me and hang out and that if we continued to stay close, then we could try again in the future because he don’t want to think about me even being with anybody else. he said he would love to still talk to me every day and work on things. i told him i would work on all the things i struggled with in our relationship and he said he would too so that we could eventually make it work. a few days go by and we got in a fight and then he said we are never getting back together. he blocked me on snapchat and he blocked my number. he still has me on twitter, instagram and facebook, so he’s not COMPLETELY unreachable, but i don’t want to talk to him on social media.. its not the same. last night we ended up talking on the phone because i needed help with some things so he called me. he then said he wasn’t going to talk to me for 30 days at the very least because he needs to heal and “move on”. but something inside me is telling me this isn’t over. he says he still cares about me and he misses talking to me but he knows its not good for either one of us. he still wants me to help him go decorate his new apartment when he moves into it next month. tomorrow is supposed to be our 6 months and it sucks that i won’t even get to see him or talk to him. i keep thinking he doesn’t care because he’s been sort of cold towards me. everything is so uncertain and i don’t know what to do or how to handle it. i don’t know what i’m doing. i just want him back.

Soumi Mukherjee

June 7, 2020 at 5:56 pm

My boyfriend broke up with me a week ago. The reason for his break up was his career. He thinks that he might give me a huge amount of time and can’t control over time management which would require in his career. I am not a clingy girlfriend, in fact, I gave him his time and had my me-time. But still, he thinks it would be better if break up now and peacefully part ways so that he can build his career without getting distracted. I never distracted him. I always encouraged and supported him. When he claimed about breaking up I did not beg him to stay. But for me, it’s getting tough to follow No contact as I am overthinking things a lot. But I want him back, I know he loves me as he cried the day we broke and he is miserable and also from some mutual friends I get to know that he asks about how I am doing. I am currently overthinking a lot which is giving me anxiety. I want him back, I know he loves me and cares about me. Please help.

June 7, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Hey Soumi, so you need to start following the program with a No Contact if you want to try and get him back. He needs to feel the loss of you and reaching out through text is not going to do that. You need to spend some time focusing on yourself and not him. Read about the Holy Trinity and how to be the best version of yourself. And prepare yourself for your reach out text at the end of your NC

Kate

June 4, 2020 at 4:16 am

My ex broke up with me a week ago. We were on again off again (3 times) for 3 years but over silly arguments that never followed through the next day. He was my first love and I am his. We have always been push and pull, so when he wants me I pull back, when I want him, he pulls back. 5-6 months ago he asked to try one more time and said he wanted to get me a ring for christmas and that we could make it work. At that point in time I had just lost my grandfather, felt lost in my career coming to the end of my studies and was not well within myself. I didn’t answer him and we continued our ‘best friends with benefits, basically together but technically not’ without another word about getting back together.
    I found out around March (2.5 months later) he went on a date to try and move on and it finally hit me. I realised that I might lose him. I tried to reconnect on a deeper level but he wasn’t overly keen. The girl he saw didn’t work out and he came back to me to try and go on a few dates. Everything went amazing. For a few weeks. Suddenly out of the blue he started pushing me away. I found out later that he had met another girl through friends he thought he might have something with. When she turned him down he came back to me and said we could try one step at a time.

I admittedly got too clingy too soon (with isolation especially) and it caused him to lie when hanging out with the girl he thought he might have something with, so I wouldn’t be hurt. He admitted he lied to me all the times he said he was with a mate, he was with her. He met her a few months ago and they’ve already been on group camping trips and had drinks every week and he lied saying it was a guys weekend or that he was with a mate. He would never cheat as he has been cheated on before and swears black and blue that it’s strictly friends but since he met her, he had grown very distant apart from when he came back to me saying she was already seeing someone. She is now single again.

He broke it off with me completely about 5 days ago saying he can’t do it anymore as I’m acting too much like a girlfriend when he wasn’t sure he wanted it anymore. Strange as all year he has been showering me with love and affection (actions are louder than words, right?)

I contacted him 3 days later saying I needed to meet and get closure. I asked to try again and said that we could take it slow and how I’d seen where my mistakes were. He said he couldn’t do it anymore and that while he cares about me he doesn’t care about the relationship anymore and can’t say he loves me anymore.

I haven’t contacted him since and I’m worried it’s really over. I thought that I would marry this man one day and I wish I showed him that I appreciated him rather than taking it all for granted. He said he needed space to think and in the time since the breakup I have been respectful of that. I have also taken the time to reconnect with my friends and found a new hobby. It’s early days but while I feel better in myself, I miss him terribly and feel such a hole in my heart where he used to be.

This girl seems to be misleading him and I worry that if he comes back it’s because I will be his second choice. I want to be his first choice and show him that I am a better person and that he wants me. I am devastated especially after everything we have been through. Please help me !

June 23, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Hey Kate so with your situation I think he has a grass is greener syndrome but you also need to work on your Ungettable status so that he realises you are better than what he is chasing and he made a mistake to leave you. Read the articles and work on your Holy Trinity and you will see positive changes for yourself

Brogan

June 1, 2020 at 8:41 pm

My partner of 5 years and a child together left after a heated row, he moved out and said he needs time he isn’t happy anymore and I need to change he wants his independence back. I’ve begged for him to come back and try but he is so stubborn, he would message me and call me by my nicknames we had for eachother but his acting so cold that he doesn’t want to come home so I finally said last night I’m moving on I won’t contact unless it’s regarding seeing his daughter because I can’t live on hope he will come home soon, it broke me down but I’ve noticed in the last month I’ve changed I’m confident in myself I’ve decorated my home and yes I’m still breaking down and crying but I lick myself back up I haven’t spoke to him in over 24 hours and he didn’t reply to my message saying I’m moving on I’m just hoping that me not contacting him at all unless about our daughter will make him realise he does want to be a family again

Sara

May 31, 2020 at 4:09 pm

On wed my boy friend is 3 years broke up with me out of the blue . He said he loves me but is not in love with me anymore . He is really down and sad but he is loving his life and going out . We live together and I’m packing up and moving . We have some things we share so we will babe to see each other this week to settle stuff . I made the mistake of begging him to change his mind . He said he doesn’t know what else to do and that it wasn’t the love part . What should I do will he ever come back or is he done done

June 2, 2020 at 12:02 am

Hey Sara, you need to start the program with a No Contact and be sure to work on yourself in that time. Read about the Holy Trinity and how to be Ungettable

Barbara

May 29, 2020 at 4:06 pm

So the story is: we broke up 3 weeks ago. But the break up thing started from a fight one week earlier. I was very upset and was crying because of many reasons that collapsed in my life lately. He scremed „i dont want to participate in this shit” and ignored me for 4 days. He just kept saying „it will be fine, dont worry”. Then he called me to initiate the break up but wasnt sure. He still kept texting me that he doesnt want to loose me, he sometimes wish he can hug me and he wants normal life. (It was long distance relationship and quarantine crashed out meeting dates). Anyway, I told him that we will work on that and lets try one more time. I said that we need to keep talking openely and that we made couple major mistakes. Everything was fine for 2 days until I started subject of our future flights. He blocked me next morning for 5 days (I Have to admit, Ive been all over him- trying to text, call). Then he unblocked me to tell me its over. But i was peacful with it at the start. Two days later i called him again, very stupidly crying and asking if he really doesnt feel anything at all? He said he sometimes misses me but he is not in love anymore. Then again a week later I texted and called him to talk about my New business and just generally asking how is everything. Then it happened a week later when i tried to just talk in general and he called me baby by accident i guess and he said its been just too short for him to know if there will be reconcillation. Im stupid, cuz i couldnt stop myself from trying to contact him. I miss him and it was very special what we had. Will he come back, even if I broke some no contact rules? I started no contact again since last Signal from him.

June 9, 2020 at 11:55 pm

Hi Barbara, as you have started again be sure to stick with it and it can work, but keep in mind this process is more than just No Contact. You are going to have to read and follow the information about how to text your ex after NC and what not to say

Natalia

May 29, 2020 at 4:55 am

My boyfriend just broke up with me 2 days ago. Everything was going really well we had our problems of course but he was saying that he wants me in his life, that he cares about me and what he has is real, that he consideres me sa permanent thing. We have been together before but we broke up and couple of months later we got back together, so now it was going for 6 months we have been talking every day, seeing each other often everything was great, he was always telling me how I am his girl. And literally how everything was perfectly fine out of nowhere he just tells me how he met someone from his past accidentally and he wants to give her a chance, so we cannot see each other anymore. For me it doesn’t make any sense. I’m not going to ever contact him, but this whole situation is very weird

1 2 3 4 5 14