463 thoughts on “7 Signs He Will Come Back After A Breakup”

tara

October 3, 2020 at 10:30 pm

So basically my boyfriend broke up
    with me about a week ago. It’s been really difficult . We’ve only been together for 3 months, but everything was perfect. We were long distance for a little bit that put a strain on our relationship and would have arguments here and there due to insecurities within myself . We were with his family last weekend and got in a bad fight and he said he was done . Spoke to him the next day and just said he was done with us . I didn’t beg or plead . Just told him I didn’t want it but i would give him his space and then he went and blocked me on social media. I’ve wanted to reach out to him so badly. I have been working out pretty much every day to keep my mind away from it but i’m missing him pretty bad. I don’t sleep well and I talk to my friends for advice and everyone says something different. I’ve talked to his mom too and she told me he’s had a rough past and was hurt in a bad relationship. I feel like he is the type that never will come back unless I go to him. Please help

October 5, 2020 at 11:20 am

Hi Tara, if you want him back then you are going to have to do some real work on yourself. And show him that you are not insecure anymore. Confidence is key in this program and you need to be willing to do the work to improve yourself.

michaela

September 29, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Me and my fiancé broke up this past Friday. at first I didn’t care because we had been figting a lot recently. but now i miss him. i think we just got so use to each other. we were together 24/7. he never hung out with his friends because he was always with me and he felt bad leaving me alone because i dont have any friends. literally. which makes this even harder i only texted him once and that was yesterday and asked if we could talk and he said he needs space but he also said we were never getting back together. do you think he is just saying that out of anger? because right after that he said at least not for a cool minute. and our relationship ended during a bad fight. he also has not stopped sharing his location with me. and im pretty sure he hasnt forgotten about it because last time we were in a fight he turned it off. we were so use to each other we barely kissed or hugged it was like we had fallen into routine. but now all i want to do is hold him. do you think he will come back? the no contact thing is so hard for me i cant sleep or eat ive never been so depressed in my life

October 1, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Hi Michaela, it is hard to do the No Contact when you are feeling low but if you focus on yourself and read the advice about following the Holy Trinity this is going to show your ex that you are doing better without him and make him consider why he left in the first place. You are going to have to find your strength and make yourself get over the break up so that you can start rebuilding yourself

Aja Scruggs

September 28, 2020 at 7:22 pm

My boyfriend and I didn’t break up. He said he wanted a break some space. It’s been about two months now and says it’s almost over and will be coming back home soon he’s just trying to make sure things are straight before he comes back home to stay and that was just a couple days ago that he said that so how should I take that?

October 10, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Hi Aja, it is your call how you take that but you have given him a LONG time to sort himself out. I would suggest that you take a step back and let him come to you, in the mean time live your life!!

Emma

September 22, 2020 at 2:38 pm

A guy I was dating ended things with me about 5 days ago… It honestly came as a complete surprise. I felt like I was a star on the Bachelor and had just been blindsided 🙁 We hadn’t dated for long, but the emotional and physical connection were unmatched. Even just the night before he ended things we talked about how lucky we felt to have each other and how we never knew finding a relationship like ours was even possible. I was so confused when he broke things off and said he “wasn’t ready” for a relationship, even though we were acting and doing everything that a couple does, just without the label (like literally he met my parents and I met his). After some reflecting I realized that he was ending things because of mental health challenges from his past relationship. He gave me the cliche “it’s not you, it’s me”, but I guess that really is the case. I was so hurt because he said he didn’t want to talk to me again and when I asked if he saw anything in the future for us, he said no because I was going to gradschool in the future. I was confused because he had never brought up anything like that before. It seemed like he had was just trying to find something wrong. I’m not sure where to go from here (I haven’t talked to him since), but I’d appreciate any help! I don’t want to lose him, but at the same time don’t want to come across as pushy or needy.

Ar

September 15, 2020 at 8:09 am

Hi EBF! Basically, my long-distance boyfriend broke up with me because of us not being able to see each other during COVID. He initially said the distance was too painful for him to handle.

The relationship lasted almost 6 months (although we were friends for 4 years), and we really didn’t have any major issues in the relationship. We mutually felt like soulmates, and at one point were discussing future marriage possibilities. In fact, this was our first argument, and it led to our breakup. Currently, he’s dealing with financial stress, as well as dealing with a mentally ill parent, and he said he felt overwhelmed by everything including our distance. We shouldn’t have had that argument by text, but it was pretty obvious he was breaking up with me. I didn’t beg him to stay or call him names, and he told me he loved me back when I told him I loved him after apologizing for escalating the argument by refusing his offer to be just friends. A day goes by and we have the official breakup conversation on the phone where he blames me for the breakup by saying he thought I was trying to prep him for a breakup during that argument. He also said he was triggered by his mom’s behavior and worried that I’d act like his exes did as well, so he was insistent upon keeping the breakup.

I was very confused and asked him if he was even in love with me any longer, to which he said he “couldn’t feel it at that moment.” But he then suggested us revisiting things in a year, and even said that things weren’t bad at all in our relationship, which is why at that point he was open to revisiting things in a year when I moved to his town like I was planning to (for work, not for him). I was so hurt by him saying he didn’t know if he was in love with me any longer that I vetoed that suggestion and said that this was goodbye instead. Even though we were having a disagreement, we weren’t yelling at each other and we never called each other names.

Fast forward to this weekend, and I made the mistake of looking on his twitter and misinterpreting a tweet as shade towards me. I quote tweeted it and responded, but I wound up deleting it on the advice of my mom. Afterwards, I tweeted a couple of angry tweets, and my ex wound up calling me on the phone and sending me screenshots of my tweets. He then told me that his tweet wasn’t directed towards me at all, but I was so angry just by the sound of his voice that I said “okay” and hung up on him. He immediately blocked me on all social media platforms. I felt guilty about hanging up on him and deleted my own shady tweets. Then I sent him one last text apologizing for hanging up on him, but stating that I wasn’t ready to talk to him, and then listing reasons why I was angry. I have been going on no-contact ever since that blowup (which was only sunday). I am not generally an angry person, so this whole thing has caught me off guard.

I’m planning on doing no-contact for 30 days and seeing what happens from there. I already have a new job, and I’m back in online classes for my MBA so I’m already focusing on improving my wealth. And I’ve been trying to start a habit of mindfulness and scheduling a FaceTime with my therapist. This really threw me for a loop because I thought (and still feel) that he was The One.

My question is, did I completely ruin my chances of getting him back since he completely blocked me on social media? Would a 30-day no-contact even work at getting him to be open to talking to me again? I feel so guilty about hanging up on him and then texting him that I still wasn’t ready to talk after I’d cooled down. He was clearly open to communication before I did all that, otherwise he would not have called me, but I feel like I shattered it.

October 4, 2020 at 6:16 pm

Hey there Ar, so I wouldn’t say that you have completely ruined it but you do need to complete a 45 day NC or until you are unblocked again. Work on yourself in this time, your Holy Trinity (there are many articles to help you with this) and how to be Ungettable. Give some time to calm emotions and anger, there needs to be a break between you both so that you can reset your situation so that there is less negative feelings between you both.

Kay mm

September 14, 2020 at 8:24 am

My bf broke up with me about a month and 10 days ago. I was staying with him out of state where he was working. We were together every day and had an incredible connection, so much in common, we had zero issues or problems. He told me how happy I made him regularly and me too. In the beginning I wouldn’t agree to date him because I’m 45 and he’s 30, I told him he deserved to be with someone his own age and that could give him children. He was very explicit in explaining to me how he does not want children and why he doesn’t trust women his age. Basically his ex wife cheated on him abd the child they had ended up not bring his. It was a terrible experience for him. Immediately I agreed to be with him, as he was pursuing me. We were very happy together and got along great. He was proud to be with me, and that felt great. I was no longer afraid of the age gap. Then all of a sudden he told me that it got serious too quick with us and that he just doesn’t want a relationship at all. I asked, wel why did u start one with me? Especially when I tried to tell u it wasn’t a good idea at first, thst I was too scared of being hurt. All he could do was say he was sorry. We talked via text that whole first week. Confusing me even more. He cane into town thst next weekend for a wedding and asked to see me, I agreed. He spen the night, I asked him if this all meant he had changed his mind, he said no. I started sobbing, I had been living in hope that whole week thst he missed me abd chsvged his kind. I told him he would have to stop contact with me in order for me to get over this. He agreed and left. 15 miserable days passed and I broke down and text him because I had a late birthday gift for him thst I had specially made for him before we broke up. He answered but didn’t seem interested to get the gift or see me fit thst matter. 2 days later he text me out of the blue asking to hang out. I knew what it was, I agreed anyway. We have a very passionate sex Life. Anyway, when he left the next morning it wasn’t emotional like the last time, it was almost like I have now agreed to a sex only thing with him( and that’s just when he’s even in town) heck he may never hit me up again, who knows. So I didn’t hear from him for 4 days after that so I texted him. Just small talk. I feel so torn, I can’t understand how he can give up
    On us so easily as great as we are together, but I feel like there’s something else he’s not telling me. Maybe his family is judging the age gap. Maybe he’s just too scared after what the ex did to him. He’s so comfortable here with me even after the break up, it’s like we never even broke up when we’re together. I feel like I’ve lodt him and that he’s done, thst if he truly wanted to be with me he would. I just wish I knew why. I have not been able to accept this at all. I’m
    Not ready for it to be over, I miss him and need him in my life.i need thst happiness thst I felt 24/7 with him, that constant smile back on my face.

M

September 9, 2020 at 9:27 am

Okay so this is gonna be a longer story but I really need some advice. My boyfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago when he left for college. We dated for a year in a half, and he cheated on me twice (at least that I know of). The first was he was flirting with a girl on tinder and she texted me and sent me some screenshots and the second time, he slept with someone else, except he told me himself. I was devastated both times but I stayed with him because I really loved him and didn’t see myself with anyone else. When he called me two weeks ago, he told me that he loves me and cares about me and doesn’t see himself having a future with anyone but me, but that he hates the fact that he’s hurt me and wants to work on himself by himself, which is something that I completely agree with. But I have friends that are on the same campus as him and they told me that he’s on tinder and tried talking to a girl living in his dorm who also happens to have the same exact first name as me, and that just threw me off. We broke up a couple times when we were together, and he was always the one to break up with me but he would always come back and tell me it was a mistake, but he hasn’t reached out to me ye and all my friends and my parents even tell me that he’s going to text me eventually and I just really need some input.

September 11, 2020 at 8:36 pm

Hey M, so your guy going off to college I know it sounds awful but I think he wants to “play the field” and he cant do that with a girlfriend at home. I would suggest that you go into a No Contact, read and follow the information about being Ungettable. Do things that are amazing and will make him jealous that he as missed out on, by not being in a relationship with you.

Jv

September 5, 2020 at 1:17 am

I broke up with my BF of a year. It was toxic and we haven’t spoke it’s been a week.

Selina

September 4, 2020 at 12:29 pm

We have broke up a few times over the last 2yrs, we have 3 children, been together almost 15yrs, seperated almost 3mths ago. I miss him.. Took time for myself. Been out with friends, begged bim back… He said its over and wants to be friends but we slept together sunday just gone.. He is being cold with me again. My next move is to show him what he has lost

September 7, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Hey Selina, you need to go into a limited no contact where you only speak about the children, work on being Ungettable and showing your ex that you are a fun and interesting person to be around. Let him see you doing great with the kids and he is missing out on family time because you are apart

Azsha

August 28, 2020 at 4:38 pm

Me and my ex only dated for 2 months, but in that time he told me we had great chemistry, he loved being with me, and he really liked me. He also said I would meet his 2 boys he has full custody of, and his mother soon. We agreed on practically all the major things in life, what marriage should be, finances, kids, no social media, how we viewed life in general. Things were going very well, but then one day he text me to end things. He started it with “seriously, I like you, I do, but…” and of course I was upset because just the day before he told me how much he enjoyed our time together. I broke the first rule and begged him to reconsider, seeing as I treated him like a king when we were together, and that seemed to make things worse. He blocked me, but we work for the same company so I see him around work almost daily. I haven’t talked to him in over 2 weeks and we have been over for a month now. He waves at me when we pass each other but that is it. I haven’t done much since the break up except get a strict gym routine going, but I didn’t do much before he and I met anyway. And I’m not sure what my next move is because I can’t get myself to date around because I know I will compare any guy I date to him at this point, and that’s not fair to anyone.

Catherine

August 26, 2020 at 6:11 pm

My boyfriend broke up with me a week and a half ago. He said he didn’t think we were right for each other and that we were too different. But when he told me the differences he thought we couldn’t get past, they weren’t really that big. He also never once said he was sure of anything. He only used the word “think” he was also crying while the whole thing was happening and even said he still loved me and maybe just needed some time. From what friends of mine have told me is that he was really really hurt at the end of his last relationship and probable got scared. I will admit I have anxiety and probably pushed to hard to get him to communicate with me about where we were going. One of his best friends told me that he doesn’t think its hopeless that my ex will come back to me he just needs to figure out what he wants on his own. The only times I’ve communicated with him to so get my stuff back and give his stuff back. I have been trying the no contact rule and he’s pretty much doing the same I guess. I have been leaning on my friends to help keep me busy and distracted. I have no idea what my next move should be in regards to him. I am working on myself and looking at where my faults were at in our relationship and working on them. I just miss my best friend.

Lucie

August 22, 2020 at 9:39 pm

I broke up with my bf of almost two years because he changed his mind about our future plans we had together at the beginning of the relationship. I have not contacted him since which is about a month.

S

August 21, 2020 at 4:43 pm

My ex and I broke up because of deal breakers; I want to get married in a church and have my children raised in faith and he does not want either of those things. Three days after the break up he messaged me asking if I wanted to talk or anything and said that he was feeling pretty bad; I ignored the text because I didn’t have anything to say. A week later at 2am he texted again saying that he wanted to know how I was and didn’t want radio silence; I caved and texted him the next morning saying that I didn’t mean to be rude but that we couldn’t be there for each other like he had said when we broke up and that I need space to think. His response was ‘k’. A month later I messaged him to pick up my stuff and my friends snowboard. We saw each other for a few seconds which was awkward but i stayed positive. Since then we haven’t spoken but I messaged his friends on their birthdays because they were my friends as well. I have since been working out, meditating and taking care of myself plus preparing to go back to school. When we broke up two months ago, he did say he loves me and I said I love him too and well I would love to just hear from him even if it’s just to be friends. I feel my next move is to just go on dates with new people however I would like him to reach out so I’m not too sure what my next move is. Please let me know your thoughts.

September 5, 2020 at 8:34 pm

Hi S, if you just want to be friends then you can reach out and start being friends. However it sounds as if you are not going to get him back if your views on religion and how to raise children are different.

Jazz

August 17, 2020 at 9:25 pm

Me and my bf just broke up about 10 days ago now. I’ve never loved someone so hard until I met him and I know what we had was real. We had an unbreakable bond and genuine and fun connection. And neither of us seen it coming considering we went to school together years before . But lied about a lot of things both health wise and other situations out of fear because I was abused and disregarded for being a “good woman.” So I hid myself behind lies and we had a HUGE falling out that I mistakenly and stupidly involved his family and now he wants his space . As for now I confessed a lot he said he appreciated it said he’s always have love for me but claims this is “still fresh” and he needs time to work on him and wants me to do the same. And I can’t. I can’t stand the fact that for the first time things were MY fault and feel like I’ve lost a good friend and lover. As for right now he still calls me about small things like coming to pick up objects he may have left in my home but other than that really shows no passion or interest at all. I really just want to be able to trust him with this space and know that if I work on myself and write my wrongs and because a better person like he wants, we can try again. He’s really a kind sensitive soul. And I just wish I had the confirmation. I feel like that would motivate me to do better for myself and for us. But this process is eating me alive this week. I need guidance!

August 17, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Hey Jazz, I suggest that you collect the things that he keeps asking you to collect, and start following the program correctly this includes a strict no contact!

jnn14

August 16, 2020 at 11:27 pm

My boyfriend for 6 years asked for space 7 weeks ago and broke up with me 2 weeks ago (we were in a long distance relationship for 3 years.) When he asked for space he said he loves me, that he just needed time to figure out himself, I’ve tried to fix it several times even after he dumped me but he said he’s no longer sure about his feelings for me. He never told anyone that we’re broken up, not a family, nor friends of him. TBH, that gives me a little hope that he would come back. And also, he’s still in a relationship on facebook with our anniversary on it. He told me we will talk when I come back home, but pandemic makes it complicated and also because of certain responsibilities.

Kelly murray

August 16, 2020 at 7:11 pm

My ex left me for somebody else, she’s still I the scene but he is adamant on staying friends with me and telling me he loves me, just doesn’t want to be with me. We have slept together twice since he left. He saying he wants me to move on with my life but jealous when I tell him I’m dating. I do t know what to believe

August 17, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Hi Kelly, if you want him back then you need to go into a NC and work on yourself for 45 days as he is seeing someone else. As for sleeping with him outside of the relationship – this does not help you as he knows now he can get sex without commitment from you. Avoid putting yourself in that position again

Ang

August 13, 2020 at 4:36 pm

My ex and I were together for 10 months. We met in nyc and after 5 months he got a job In California. I told him the only way I’d do long distance is if he loved me and saw a future. He said he did so we decided to do long distance. Then the pandemic happened it was hard a first but we managed to get used to everything. I lost my job which was hard on me. He assured me everything would be ok. I went to California 2 times the first time for 12 days. We talked about future plans buying a home together. He was always so sensitive and loving. Then the second trip to Cali happened where I met the whole family. His mom and dad loved me. Older sister loved me. This middle sister Invited is on a trip for 8 days she seemed to like me but on the trip I got weird vibes from her like she was jealous. After returning home from trip my bf broke up with me. Out of the blue he said because I didn’t have a job and our compatibility wasn’t good. He wouldn’t even let me get a word in to defend myself of try to fix anything. I’ve reached out 4 times to him and he’s been ignoring me for 34 days (sad I’m actually counting the days) I just don’t know what to do. I haven’t texted in 2 weeks but I’m not sure if he will ever talk to me again or ever want to work it out since we are long distance! Help! Advice !

August 15, 2020 at 1:50 pm

Hey Ang, so I would suggest that you do not reach out to him for at least 45 days because of the fact youve reached out so many times and being ignored. Make sure that you read articles and understand what you need to do in each stage of the program, starting with Holy Trinity and being ungettable during your NC and how to use social media too

Yousra

August 11, 2020 at 7:11 pm

Well my boyfriend broke up with me right now because he has lots of problems in his life and he didn’t want me to suffer especially we’re in a long distance relationship and I tried to make him come back but he didn’t want! Even tho I know that I’m the only girl he has ever loved. But he broke up! And
    The next day! He told me that he slept with another girl because he needed that wasn’t there any emotion! It’s just needs.

so does he gonna come back to me after a while or what?

August 11, 2020 at 7:43 pm

Hey Yosra, I can not answer your question in the sense of telling you if he will or wont. But you can follow this program to improve your chances of getting him back showing him he made a mistake. You also need to consider how he has cheated on you, regardless if there was no emotional connection or not he had sex with someone else.

anonymous

August 8, 2020 at 12:10 pm

hi! i dumped my ex yesterday bc i felt unprioritized i actually really love him and i know he does too and breaking up with him was impulsive and i shouldn’t have. a few hours later, i called him. no answer. i know. that was a huge mistake. i think i really want him back. what is my next best move?

August 8, 2020 at 11:04 pm

Hey there, I can imagine your ex us upset and angry with you for ending things. I would give him some space and try reaching out to him in 21 days if he does not contact you before hand. As for why you broke up with him – this reason is not going to change unless you learn to communicate your feelings calmly and not get upset or angry with him while trying to explain how you are feeling.

Alissa

August 5, 2020 at 11:05 pm

My ex and I were together for 6 months and he broke up with me a couple of days ago. I feel embarrassed to say this but I never felt the urge to define the relationship until I asked him about a week ago. We were only seeing each other once a week and given the pandemic, our relationship never took off date wise the way it normally would. He said he liked me but he is stressed out and work and doesn’t believe it’s getting any better. He is also trying to make a job and career switch very soon and doesn’t think he can “give me what I deserve/doesn’t want to hold me back.” He didn’t say it but I could also tell he was losing a bit of interest in me which hurts. He’s not the type who wants to be friends with an ex and I’ve already unfriended him on FB. Is there any chance he would reach out again?

August 5, 2020 at 11:21 pm

Hey Alissa, yes there is a chance but you need to work on yourself during your No Contact and use your social media to appear Ungettable. Read some articles to help you understand what actions you need to take

1 2 3 4 14